Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

There was this thing about why were there some players who seemed like Norwich players ending up at Slave instead. Maybe they thought McShane would be retiring before the end of their careers. Just a random answer to a question that was asked somewhere else.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      This was the almost the literal exact wording of the second line of my post that i typed out and deleted just to keep it short and sweet.
      Great minds!

Comment

Can we baselessly speculate about the new coach or something? It’s almost July, a legend just stepped down, and there’s zero discussion on this thread. It’s boring.

Side note: I was driving on a family vacation last week. When we stopped for gas, I checked in quick and saw the salacious posts on here. I drove another few hours, excited to get to our destination to read the “fun”. Imagine my disappointment when they had been taken down! Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
          Can we baselessly speculate about the new coach or something? It’s almost July, a legend just stepped down, and there’s zero discussion on this thread. It’s boring.

Side note: I was driving on a family vacation last week. When we stopped for gas, I checked in quick and saw the salacious posts on here. I drove another few hours, excited to get to our destination to read the “fun”. Imagine my disappointment when they had been taken down! Haha
          Salacious posts? What? Did I misssomething fun? ****
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
            Salacious posts? What? Did I misssomething fun? ****
            Yeah. Me too!
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Shall we say he was a big fan of McShane...?? LOL

Tho while I dont agree with all of his tactics over the years, he put out some of the most respected young men.

I do find it funny that the year Adrian comes to the Primelink, he retires lol
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                Shall we say he was a big fan of McShane...?? LOL

Tho while I dont agree with all of his tactics over the years, he put out some of the most respected young men.

I need to say that in the vast majority of the cases, when hockey players were enrolled in my classes they were respectful, hard working and attentive. They were easy to talk to and I enjoyed my out of class interactions with them. Many of them were very good students and McShane pushed them in that direction. There were a few (of course) that didn't fit that mold, but they were the exception. Not all of the coaches at Norwich had that kind of influence on their athletes.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                  Am I missing something here? Was he against having Adrian come to the tournament? Or more funny because the reputation of the Adrian team around the league?

Comment

• Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                    Am I missing something here? Was he against having Adrian come to the tournament? Or more funny because the reputation of the Adrian team around the league?
                    Correct. Long story but the Adrian coach was more than willing to foot the bill and he (McShane) got upset because a fan asked if they (Adrian) were simply interested in coming to the Primelink....back when the 4th team was fodder....
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/b...ns_development

Article in today's Boston Herald that talks about UMB Nick Albano at the Bruins development camp. I found it interesting that there were 28 NHL scouts at the NU/UMB game at Norwich last year. Colin Larkin was one of the best D3 forwards I have seen in college hockey the last few years.
                      2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                      2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

• Originally posted by hawk View Post
                        http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/b...ns_development

Article in today's Boston Herald that talks about UMB Nick Albano at the Bruins development camp. I found it interesting that there were 28 NHL scouts at the NU/UMB game at Norwich last year. Colin Larkin was one of the best D3 forwards I have seen in college hockey the last few years.
                        Not sure if that’s an exagerration or not. Certainly 28 scouts never came up to me asking for line charts. That’s usually how I get a feel for how many pro scouts are there as I’ll get a handful that come up to me asking for them.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Not sure if that’s an exagerration or not. Certainly 28 scouts never came up to me asking for line charts. That’s usually how I get a feel for how many pro scouts are there as I’ll get a handful that come up to me asking for them.
                          Do the Cadets usually draw pro scouts when playing teams like UMB, Babson, Salve, Plattsburgh ect? Even with UMB 2 pro prospects NU defeated UMB 3 times last year.
                          2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                          2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Not true. MB does have a chance at the job. I asked him my self in the flesh, and he really does want the job. Unless it is Krug, he is my guess. Mark is a great guy and would do a great job. He is my pick.
                            Last edited by Roy; 06-28-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              Not true. MB does have a chance at the job. I asked him my self in the flesh, and he really does want the job. Unless it is Krug, he is my guess. Mark is a great guy and would do a great job. He is my pick.
                              Dawes?
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawk View Post
                                Do the Cadets usually draw pro scouts when playing teams like UMB, Babson, Salve, Plattsburgh ect? Even with UMB 2 pro prospects NU defeated UMB 3 times last year.
                                When Will Pelletier and Kyle Thomas were playing, yes we oftentimes had plenty of games with multiple scouts.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X