Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 581

Thread: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

  1. #501
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,085

    Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by 802Hockey View Post
    Sad to see Mcshane go but we were blessed to have him for so many years. Tough to really guess who is coming in next...Dawes was my first thought as well but Stevenson is an up and coming program that I just can't see him leaving...that being said, who really knows.

    Whatever the case the new Coach and team will be thrown on the hot seat early: Endicott, Skidmore, Hobart, Umass-Boston, Babson, Adrian, Middlebury/Plattsburgh to start the year......ouch.

    Confident they will find the right guy though and very glad to hear McShane is sticking around to aid in that search/transition.
    Hadn't thought about how tough the beginning of the schedule was until right now...definitely a baptism by fire for the new coach.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  2. #502

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    34,784
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Hadn't thought about how tough the beginning of the schedule was until right now...definitely a baptism by fire for the new coach.
    I thought you had JWU/Suffolk early in the NEHC schedule?

  3. #503
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Randolph, VT
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    I thought you had JWU/Suffolk early in the NEHC schedule?
    They are the weekend right after the Primelink.

  4. #504
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Hadn't thought about how tough the beginning of the schedule was until right now...definitely a baptism by fire for the new coach.
    Very talented, and fairly experienced, “young” team. Pretty good situation for a new coach to come in to.

  5. #505
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    Very talented, and fairly experienced, “young” team. Pretty good situation for a new coach to come in to.
    When there’s a coaching change of this magnitude shortly after the “commitment window” closes, is this often perceived as the old “bait and switch?” How does the staff deal with potential anger / anxiety from the recruits? I recall hearing McShane say he spoke with all the recruits, but he didn’t offer much more than that. What’s been the team’s reaction?

  6. #506

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    34,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Bog Hockey View Post
    When there’s a coaching change of this magnitude shortly after the “commitment window” closes, is this often perceived as the old “bait and switch?” How does the staff deal with potential anger / anxiety from the recruits? I recall hearing McShane say he spoke with all the recruits, but he didn’t offer much more than that. What’s been the team’s reaction?
    New coach calls all the incoming recruits and tells them he wants them. Also calls returnees and introduces himself and gives a brief spiel on how important they are for the continued success of Norwich hockey.

  7. #507
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Bog Hockey View Post
    When there’s a coaching change of this magnitude shortly after the “commitment window” closes, is this often perceived as the old “bait and switch?” How does the staff deal with potential anger / anxiety from the recruits? I recall hearing McShane say he spoke with all the recruits, but he didn’t offer much more than that. What’s been the team’s reaction?
    I don’t think there was any nefarious intent on anyone’s part, nor any desire to deceive. Coach said he talked to all the incoming recruits and they were all satisfied with what he had to say. The team is currently scattered all over the continent for summer vacation, so I don’t know if anyone could accurately assess their reaction as a group.

  8. #508
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,085

    Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    Very talented, and fairly experienced, “young” team. Pretty good situation for a new coach to come in to.
    This was the almost the literal exact wording of the second line of my post that i typed out and deleted just to keep it short and sweet.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  9. #509
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,579

    Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Bog Hockey View Post
    When there’s a coaching change of this magnitude shortly after the “commitment window” closes, is this often perceived as the old “bait and switch?” How does the staff deal with potential anger / anxiety from the recruits? I recall hearing McShane say he spoke with all the recruits, but he didn’t offer much more than that. What’s been the team’s reaction?
    Was the expectation that this was possible the reason for some players who seemed headed for NU ending up elsewhere - like the school by the ocean?
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  10. #510

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    34,784
    Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    Was the expectation that this was possible the reason for some players who seemed headed for NU ending up elsewhere - like the school by the ocean?
    $$$$$$????

  11. #511
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,579

    Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

    There was this thing about why were there some players who seemed like Norwich players ending up at Slave instead. Maybe they thought McShane would be retiring before the end of their careers. Just a random answer to a question that was asked somewhere else.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  12. #512
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    This was the almost the literal exact wording of the second line of my post that i typed out and deleted just to keep it short and sweet.
    Great minds!

  13. #513
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    128

    Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

    Can we baselessly speculate about the new coach or something? It’s almost July, a legend just stepped down, and there’s zero discussion on this thread. It’s boring.

    Side note: I was driving on a family vacation last week. When we stopped for gas, I checked in quick and saw the salacious posts on here. I drove another few hours, excited to get to our destination to read the “fun”. Imagine my disappointment when they had been taken down! Haha

  14. #514
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,845
    Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    Can we baselessly speculate about the new coach or something? It’s almost July, a legend just stepped down, and there’s zero discussion on this thread. It’s boring.

    Side note: I was driving on a family vacation last week. When we stopped for gas, I checked in quick and saw the salacious posts on here. I drove another few hours, excited to get to our destination to read the “fun”. Imagine my disappointment when they had been taken down! Haha
    Salacious posts? What? Did I misssomething fun? ****

  15. #515

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    34,784
    Quote Originally Posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    Salacious posts? What? Did I misssomething fun? ****
    Yeah. Me too!

  16. #516
    Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern New York
    Posts
    8,558

    Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

    Shall we say he was a big fan of McShane...?? LOL

    Tho while I dont agree with all of his tactics over the years, he put out some of the most respected young men.

    I do find it funny that the year Adrian comes to the Primelink, he retires lol

  17. #517
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,579

    Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    Shall we say he was a big fan of McShane...?? LOL

    Tho while I dont agree with all of his tactics over the years, he put out some of the most respected young men.

    I do find it funny that the year Adrian comes to the Primelink, he retires lol
    I need to say that in the vast majority of the cases, when hockey players were enrolled in my classes they were respectful, hard working and attentive. They were easy to talk to and I enjoyed my out of class interactions with them. Many of them were very good students and McShane pushed them in that direction. There were a few (of course) that didn't fit that mold, but they were the exception. Not all of the coaches at Norwich had that kind of influence on their athletes.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  18. #518
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Randolph, VT
    Posts
    137

    Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    I do find it funny that the year Adrian comes to the Primelink, he retires lol
    Am I missing something here? Was he against having Adrian come to the tournament? Or more funny because the reputation of the Adrian team around the league?

  19. #519
    Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern New York
    Posts
    8,558
    Quote Originally Posted by 802Hockey View Post
    Am I missing something here? Was he against having Adrian come to the tournament? Or more funny because the reputation of the Adrian team around the league?
    Correct. Long story but the Adrian coach was more than willing to foot the bill and he (McShane) got upset because a fan asked if they (Adrian) were simply interested in coming to the Primelink....back when the 4th team was fodder....

  20. #520
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,011

    Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

    http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/b...ns_development

    Article in today's Boston Herald that talks about UMB Nick Albano at the Bruins development camp. I found it interesting that there were 28 NHL scouts at the NU/UMB game at Norwich last year. Colin Larkin was one of the best D3 forwards I have seen in college hockey the last few years.
    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •