Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
    I don’t know what I enjoy more, Norwich winning or Castleton losing😁
    Part of me wants this to become an actual big rivalry. But then I realize that in order for that to happen it'd require Castleton to win a couple games every few years, and then I correct myself.

I missed most of tonight's game. Didn't get home til the start of the third, then had date night with the wife. Thought I was pretty smart by starting the NSN stream and pausing it before I left the house, but it blacked out and asked me for a password right when the Cadets were killing off the 5-on-3.

But, from what I did see of the first half of the third I have two observations.

1. Even though they didn't score, I thought their powerplay looked much better. In other words, looked a lot more aggressive. They seemed to be trying to get more pucks on goal, although Castleton blocked a lot of them, as opposed to skating around the perimeter.

2. On the flip side, still way too many penalties. And bad penalties at that (holding in the corner off a face off). And what's worse, I think Prez mentioned it in the scores thread, but a lot of these penalties are by seniors. Seems like Salvucci is averaging one a game.
    Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
      Part of me wants this to become an actual big rivalry. But then I realize that in order for that to happen it'd require Castleton to win a couple games every few years, and then I correct myself.

I missed most of tonight's game. Didn't get home til the start of the third, then had date night with the wife. Thought I was pretty smart by starting the NSN stream and pausing it before I left the house, but it blacked out and asked me for a password right when the Cadets were killing off the 5-on-3.

But, from what I did see of the first half of the third I have two observations.

1. Even though they didn't score, I thought their powerplay looked much better. In other words, looked a lot more aggressive. They seemed to be trying to get more pucks on goal, although Castleton blocked a lot of them, as opposed to skating around the perimeter.

2. On the flip side, still way too many penalties. And bad penalties at that (holding in the corner off a face off). And what's worse, I think Prez mentioned it in the scores thread, but a lot of these penalties are by seniors. Seems like Salvucci is averaging one a game.
      I believe that’s why Kevin has an “A” on his sweater and not a “C”. Excellent player, but just doesn’t have the temperament, or play disciplined enough, to wear the “C”. He definitely plays with an edge, but it often costs him.

I’m with you on the real rivalry thing, but I still remember the butt-end to the throat at the final horn (2011?), among other castleton lowlights, so I get much joy from their losses

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
        I believe that’s why Kevin has an “A” on his sweater and not a “C”. Excellent player, but just doesn’t have the temperament, or play disciplined enough, to wear the “C”. He definitely plays with an edge, but it often costs him.

I’m with you on the real rivalry thing, but I still remember the butt-end to the throat at the final horn (2011?), among other castleton lowlights, so I get much joy from their losses
        For the record, the lowercase “c” in “castleton” is intentional

Comment

Salvucci, Brandrup and Evangelista all with penalties. Including a 10’to evangelista.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

I’ll hold my tongue and keep to just talking Norwich here but I was very happy to see McShane giving the refs a bit of an earful after the handshake line.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Salvucci, Brandrup and Evangelista all with penalties. Including a 10’to evangelista.
              Looking at stats: Games Played/Penalties taken/Penalty minutes

Salvucci: 9/9/18
              Brandrup: 10/5/10
              Evangelista: 10/5/18

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
              Norwich '13

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                Looking at stats: Games Played/Penalties taken/Penalty minutes

Salvucci: 9/9/18
                Brandrup: 10/5/10
                Evangelista: 10/5/18
                When PIM > 2*number of penalties, you've don something bad.

As for castleton state college, they have become a rogue outfit, and that didn't seem to end with the departure of Mr. Todd.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Is Evangelista out against the spartans this Friday, due to his penalty last Friday?
                  Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

• Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                    Is Evangelista out against the spartans this Friday, due to his penalty last Friday?
                    He did not get a game DQ ... His status Friday will be up to Coach McShane.

Comment

I some times think that Kevin is a lot stronger than most, so when he hits things happen and he gets called for it a lot. He almost could be playing for D1. I am looking for a really big stand out year by him. I was thinking he would be this years Pelitier(hope).

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        I some times think that Kevin is a lot stronger than most, so when he hits things happen and he gets called for it a lot. He almost could be playing for D1. I am looking for a really big stand out year by him. I was thinking he would be this years Pelitier(hope).
                        He’s a lot more Niezgoda than Pelletier. Not a bad thing by any stretch.

Methinks Coby Downs will be the next Pelletier, if there is one any time soon...

Comment

Cory still calling them castleton State makes me happy

Comment

Unlucky 5 minute major to Brandrup, hope NCAA can do something about that DQ..I think everyone in the arena other than the refs could see that was just unlucky timing.

Comment

I enjoyed seeing the alternate home uniforms tonight.
                              Norwich '13

Comment

I enjoyed seeing the alternate home uniforms tonight.
                                Haha.

Hot take: the grey camos are hideous. I like the greenish camos much better. I wish we wore the whites more consistently. I would love to see the camo come out once or twice a year, tops

Comment

Working...
                                X