Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Not true. MB does have a chance at the job. I asked him my self in the flesh, and he really does want the job. Unless it is Krug, he is my guess. Mark is a great guy and would do a great job. He is my pick.
    You should learn to utilize the “reply” function.😉

No one said Bolding didn’t have a chance. I said I heard he wasn’t interested. He is indeed a great guy, and I believe he probably would do a great job. If he’s going to be a candidate, he needs to step down from the search committee immediately.

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      Not true. MB does have a chance at the job. I asked him my self in the flesh, and he really does want the job. Unless it is Krug, he is my guess. Mark is a great guy and would do a great job. He is my pick.
      I started typing a post about how great it would be if Krug left Adrian, but man that would actually be kind of bittersweet.
      5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
      2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
        You should learn to utilize the “reply” function.��

No one said Bolding didn’t have a chance. I said I heard he wasn’t interested. He is indeed a great guy, and I believe he probably would do a great job. If he’s going to be a candidate, he needs to step down from the search committee immediately.
        Actually it's the "reply with quote" function that is needed. Pretty sure he used just "reply"
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          Actually it's the "reply with quote" function that is needed. Pretty sure he used just "reply"
          Depends what you’re using. On the mobile site, I’m replying to you, right now, on my phone, by just clicking “reply” under your post. The quote was included automatically. In order to post without quoting, I have to scroll to the bottom of the page and ccompose my message there.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            Thanks for clearing that up for me. So who is it already? They said at the golf classic they were to introduce the new mens hockey coach.
            Last edited by Roy; 06-29-2018, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
              Thanks for clearing that up for me. So who is it already? They said at the golf classic they were to introduce the new mens hockey coach.
              The golf tournament is a month and a half away. Long way to go in the process still. August 1st is the goal to try and have the new coach by.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Ironically, I was told again today by someone with “intimate” knowledge that Coach Bolding has not expressed interest in the men’s hockey position, and is happy to remain a member of the committee and assist with the search.

I am NOT calling anyone a liar; it’s just strange.
                Last edited by KrbFlint; 06-29-2018, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  The golf tournament is a month and a half away. Long way to go in the process still. August 1st is the goal to try and have the new coach by.
                  You'll be back from the honeymoon on 7/31. Is that enough time??
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    You'll be back from the honeymoon on 7/31. Is that enough time??
                    December honeymoon.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                      Depends what you’re using. On the mobile site, I’m replying to you, right now, on my phone, by just clicking “reply” under your post. The quote was included automatically. In order to post without quoting, I have to scroll to the bottom of the page and ccompose my message there.
                      I never do this site on my phone. Computers are for the internet - phones are for talk and texting and maybe taking pictures. You kids
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        I never do this site on my phone. Computers are for the internet - phones are for talk and texting and maybe taking pictures. You kids
                        Fair enough. And thank you for calling me a kid! I’ve been trying to tell my kids I’m not old 😉

Side note: I haven’t turned on my personal laptop since I got my first smartphone, haha. I have, however, used my wife’s a handful of times

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          December honeymoon.
                          This is not the cruise ship, I hope!

Last edited by joecct; 06-30-2018, 09:09 PM.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            This is not the cruise ship, I hope!

Plattsburgh will be a wonderful experience in December. Have a great trip!

NU56
                            Old Member
                            Maybe the Oldest

Comment

Prez noticed that NU has a game scheduled with the Quebec All-Star team at Granby on November 17. Will Norwich be playing a Canadian college team or Junior A or a combo of both. But playing a tough Junior A team is a good way to get ready for Adrien. I been reading the post about the Adrien coach maybe interested in the NU job and wonder if this is true?
                              2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                              2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                                Can we baselessly speculate about the new coach or something? It’s almost July, a legend just stepped down, and there’s zero discussion on this thread. It’s boring.

Side note: I was driving on a family vacation last week. When we stopped for gas, I checked in quick and saw the salacious posts on here. I drove another few hours, excited to get to our destination to read the “fun”. Imagine my disappointment when they had been taken down! Haha
                                I don't know enough to speculate. But we can talk broadly. So McShane was a former DI head coach before coming to Norwich. I don't think anyone would make that move today, but an assistant very well could if the pay is there (which I hear it is). Do we think that they'd prefer to pull someone with DIII coaching experience or pull someone from a DI coaching staff if possible? What other routes are there that they might look at?
                                Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X