• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Hockey ... please?

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
      Hockey ... please?
      I like hockey. And I like NU's chances this Saturday.
      Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
        I like hockey. And I like NU's chances this Saturday.
        I love NU’s chances Saturday! I keep seeing Hobart called a “buzz saw”. As I’ve said before, when these two teams are both at “full strength”, we’ve seen a tie and a one goal game. I think it’s a very even match up and should be a great game. If the same Norwich team we saw last weekend shows up, I think the Cadets win by 2. That was the best they’ve looked in some time. UMB’s goalie troubles aside, the boys were buzzing in the offensive zone all night. Limit penalties and eliminate dumb turnovers in the defensive end.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
          Limit penalties and eliminate dumb turnovers in the defensive end.
          These are the keys right there
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            These are the keys right there
            That truly sums up this season's woes.
            Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
              That truly sums up this season's woes.
              The hallmark of a young team - although lots of the penalties were taken by the upperclassmen

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                The hallmark of a young team - although lots of the penalties were taken by the upperclassmen
                A lot of the costly turnovers were upperclassmen as well

Comment

Any body know how the door faired after Kevin S. proceeded to try to rip it off it's hinges near the bench during the U Mass game? This young man has a temper. I am not sure what bee got under his shirt, but something stung him on the ice. Lets hope they have been working on their one timers during practice this week. More and more yLou notice the shots Norwich likes to take about 10 feet from the Blue line , have a very hard time going in unless they are one timers. Just that split second, seems to give em a chance to set up and stop the shot.

Comment

Rankings just came out.

East Region
                    1. Salve Regina
                    2. UNE
                    3. Hobart
                    4. Oswego
                    5. Trinity
                    6. Geneseo
                    7. Utica
                    8. Plymouth
                    9. Buffalo
                    10. Norwich

West Region
                    1. Adrian
                    2. SNC
                    3. Stevens Point
                    4. Marian
                    5. Augsburg
                    Last edited by 17'sfanNU; 02-27-2018, 03:54 PM. Reason: NCAA mixed up #2&3 and had the wrong corresponding records, its been fixed and this is correct.
                    There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Okay Norwich fans, where are you? Not that getting ranked is of any consequences since we still need to play 60 minutes of intense offensive and no mistakes defensive hockey for the rest of the season. However, it is nice to give the guys some kudos for getting back in and maybe this will be a motivating factor. Like many others, I am super proud of these guys no matter what happens. The Norwich future is bright this year and next (maybe next 3 or 4 even)! Go get them Cadets!

Comment

Yes, Florida is a bit of a trip from Norwich. I'd love yo be able to see a live game, but at my age it doesn't look good. I am glad to see life in this thread and will be watching the Hobart game like most of us transplanted northerners. It appears this game will depend on which game our young team brings to the ice. It has to be their "A" game.

NU56
                        Old Member
                        Maybe the Oldest

Comment

Originally posted by NU56 View Post
                          Yes, Florida is a bit of a trip from Norwich. I'd love yo be able to see a live game, but at my age it doesn't look good. I am glad to see life in this thread and will be watching the Hobart game like most of us transplanted northerners. It appears this game will depend on which game our young team brings to the ice. It has to be their "A" game.
                          I just upgraded my internet speed, so I can hope that the buffering issues I had for the last couple of games won't come back. Like to see the team step up and get the job done.

Comment

NUProf, I switched from Google Chrome to Internet Explorer b/c of buffering, no issues since then. Hope your problem is solved with the bump up in speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                              NUProf, I switched from Google Chrome to Internet Explorer b/c of buffering, no issues since then. Hope your problem is solved with the bump up in speed.
                              I did that as well. Chrome is good for most things but not NSN.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                                I did that as well. Chrome is good for most things but not NSN.
                                Interesting...I exclusively use chrome for NSN and had had next to no issues ever.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X