Wednesday Women is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday Women is back!

Hey gang, the first Wednesday Women of the year ran today. The rotation will include Arlan, Nicole, and myself. This week, Arlan and I look at Merrimack's win over Minnesota, what the Olympic year plus departures mean for all the top teams, and the overall state of women's hockey.

Read here: http://www.uscho.com/2017/10/04/wedn...d-uncertainty/
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Re: Wednesday Women is back!

I still don’t see any threat to BC, so the Eagles should have the easiest path back to the Frozen Four. Who is set to challenge them in Hockey East? Nobody. We can convince ourselves that Northeastern could pressure the Eagles, but I’d have to spin it creatively before I’d choose the Huskies’ roster over BC’s.
    ARM you really aren't giving NU enough credit -- take it to the bank, NU is definitely going to challenge BC this year.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      ARM you really aren't giving NU enough credit -- take it to the bank, NU is definitely going to challenge BC this year.
      Define challenge. Does that mean that BC won't clinch the title in January, or that there will be actual drama as to who finishes on top?
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        Define challenge. Does that mean that BC won't clinch the title in January, or that there will be actual drama as to who finishes on top?
        I think you're going to see some drama. BC definitely won't sweep the Huskies, and I would prefer not to have to face them in the NCAA tournament haha

Comment

I don't see it. I think if you made a list of the five best players (skaters) on both rosters combined, you'd have Křížová and four Eagles (Newkirk, Lonergan, Barnes, Belinskas). You always have them outgunned at the top of the line chart, and I don't see where they make up that disadvantage.

Comment

I don't see it. I think if you made a list of the five best players (skaters) on both rosters combined, you'd have Křížová and four Eagles (Newkirk, Lonergan, Barnes, Belinskas). You always have them outgunned at the top of the line chart, and I don't see where they make up that disadvantage.
            That's a fair point. I think it just feels like they give us such a fight every time, and since they retained so much of their core they may have closed the gap, name recognition or not.

Well anyway I hope you're right -- I guess we're find out soon enough!

Comment

Do you think you'll sweep UMD? If you don't, then we can look at the Northeastern situation again, because the 'Dogs lost a ton.

Comment

Do you think you'll sweep UMD? If you don't, then we can look at the Northeastern situation again, because the 'Dogs lost a ton.
                Yes I do, but I also think UMD is not very good this year hahaha

Comment

You always have them outgunned at the top of the line chart, and I don't see where they make up that disadvantage.
                  Northeastern has 3 returning forwards that out scored BC's top 3 by a healthy margin (55 to 46) on less games.

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
                    Northeastern has 3 returning forwards that out scored BC's top 3 by a healthy margin (55 to 46) on less games.
                    So I take it that you'd select a different set of five players in my mythical draft? Fair enough. If Northeastern wins, that will be fun to watch; I just don't expect it.

Comment

Yes I do, but I also think UMD is not very good this year hahaha
                      I'd be inclined to agree with you if the sequined jacket was still behind the bench.
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
                        NAME RECOGNITION! See I knew it haha

I almost looked up the stats myself but something came up at work and I just ended up not doing it. EastFan always comes through.

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
                          Hey gang, the first Wednesday Women of the year ran today. The rotation will include Arlan, Nicole, and myself. This week, Arlan and I look at Merrimack's win over Minnesota, what the Olympic year plus departures mean for all the top teams, and the overall state of women's hockey.

Read here: http://www.uscho.com/2017/10/04/wedn...d-uncertainty/
                          You may want to look in to why players and coaches are leaving that program in record numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Theicebox View Post
                            You may want to look in to why players and coaches are leaving that program in record numbers.
                            Are you gonna tell us or just keep playing this game that makes you look like you're angry at someone for personal reasons

Comment

Are you gonna tell us or just keep playing this game that makes you look like you're angry at someone for personal reasons
                              Truthfully, that is a FANTASTIC question! And, yes I will certainly answer that question. Can't right at this moment. But in the meantime, buyer (recruits) beware!

Grant, don't rush it! I'm just looking out for our HE recruits. Promise!

Comment

Working...
                              X