X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The collective Minnesota / Wisconsin / North Dakota drunk thread

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    I always love these.

They consider binge drinking like having 2 or 3 drinks in a day. Never mind if like me that happens maybe once a week. Maybe.

A can of Coke is gonna yield 3 drinks. So when I start, I'm committing to at least that many.

I'm fully functional at twice that many.

When I go out to dinner... if I drink... I'm gonna have at least two.

But that's binge drinking?

Pansies.
    You need a bigger cup. I've got a big mug and mix drinks with a full can. So that means it only counts as one.

Number of drinks out at dinner can depend how expensive the drinks are because that's usually the time for specialty cocktails.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
      You need a bigger cup. I've got a big mug and mix drinks with a full can. So that means it only counts as one.

Number of drinks out at dinner can depend how expensive the drinks are because that's usually the time for specialty cocktails.

Well played.

My mixed drinks are always in a tumbler - don't like tall drinks coz they tend to get flat or watered down before I'm done.

2-3 fingers of booze and 1-2 fingers of Coke. Lots of ice - I want it cold.

I don't do specialty cocktails when out. I'll have a marg with Mexi and sometimes a beer with fish fry or pizza and even a glass of wine if appropriate oh yeah and maybe a tropical drink if out for Caribbean food...

Maybe I do get specialty drinks sometimes.

The vast majority of the time though, I get a rum or whiskey (Canadian) and Coke.

A Mexican coffee after dinner can be quite nice too.

Comment

Not necessarily drunk.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Not necessarily drunk.
          The mug shot looks like something that would come from the Onion.

Comment

Well played.

My mixed drinks are always in a tumbler - don't like tall drinks coz they tend to get flat or watered down before I'm done.

2-3 fingers of booze and 1-2 fingers of Coke. Lots of ice - I want it cold.

I don't do specialty cocktails when out. I'll have a marg with Mexi and sometimes a beer with fish fry or pizza and even a glass of wine if appropriate oh yeah and maybe a tropical drink if out for Caribbean food...

Maybe I do get specialty drinks sometimes.

The vast majority of the time though, I get a rum or whiskey (Canadian) and Coke.

A Mexican coffee after dinner can be quite nice too.
            Whoa. I got a long way to go before I can handle that. Looks like I got some work to do. Something to strive for, which is good because I need a goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
              Whoa. I got a long way to go before I can handle that. Looks like I got some work to do. Something to strive for, which is good because I need a goal.

Well the ice goes in first, so it's not maybe as much as you think although my tumblers are pretty large... so to speak.

Comment

Well this is alarming...

But... what if it's already dead?

Comment

Well this is alarming...

A man can have sex with a Minnesota woman but not a cow? There has to be an equal protection argument there.

Comment

Well this is alarming...

The Comments on that story are... um... well, I can see how Trump is gaining ground.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Comments on that story are... um... well, I can see how Trump is gaining ground.
                      The best comment...
                      There's always been an old Bears joke: In Chicago, Moosehead is a beer; in Green Bay, it's a misdemeanor.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        The best comment...
                        That is good
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Well this is alarming...

That actually was a point of argument in the infamous dead deer case a few years back. Guy was busted for having sex with a dead deer. His lawyer argued that the law only covered LIVE animals. The court ruled against that argument.

The best part of it all? Well, think about it: the lawyer said "Yup, my client had sex with a deer. BUT it was dead, so it shouldn't count."
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So, um, Marshfield...?
                            Cornell University

Comment

So, um, Marshfield...?
                              I have an ex-gf from Spencer (just outside of Marshfield). Those people are a special breed of Wisconsinites. And that's saying something.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I don't buy that these people are from Wisconsin, they have to be transplants.

First of all, as a Wisconsinite, there's no way I'm leaving my best friend, let alone some stranger, unsupervised in a locked room with all my beer.

Second, if I'm locked alone in a room with all your beer, I'm sure as hell drinking more than four.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X