Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Michigan's Copper Country
    Posts
    587

    Re: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

    Quote Originally Posted by USAFA Bulldog View Post
    Hmmm. My places that I could think of are if you are coming from the south, not from Superior. I'll think more.
    I checked last night in the Duluth-Superior area and everything is booked tight. Not a room to be found. My friend found a place about 30 or so miles away.
    Thanks for your help USA Bulldog.
    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.

  2. #22
    Dammit, Gorilla!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Hometown: Plymouth, MN Currently: Champlin, M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A
    Posts
    1,846

    Re: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

    Game day!!

    Are tDogs fans still ornery? They weren't very nice the last time I was in Duluth. I can only assume the ornery factor is ramped up after losing the championship game last season.
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

    USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

    Everything is Hill's fault.....

    "Hakstol you hack!!!!"

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,765

    Re: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

    Quote Originally Posted by gopher wes View Post
    Game day!!

    Are tDogs fans still ornery? They weren't very nice the last time I was in Duluth. I can only assume the ornery factor is ramped up after losing the championship game last season.
    Given the Gophers' recent record against tDogs, if anyone has reason to be ornery, it's Gopher fans.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  4. #24
    Dammit, Gorilla!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Hometown: Plymouth, MN Currently: Champlin, M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A
    Posts
    1,846

    Re: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Given the Gophers' recent record against tDogs, if anyone has reason to be ornery, it's Gopher fans.
    Agreed, and that's why I was surprised the last time I was there. tDogs completed a home/home sweep and their fans still seems ornery.
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

    USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

    Everything is Hill's fault.....

    "Hakstol you hack!!!!"

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,765

    Re: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

    I know I'm ornery:
    "Minnesota has a seven-game losing streak against UMD. The Gophers’ last victory in the series was Oct. 10, 2014."
    http://www.startribune.com/gophers-m...ner/449678553/
    http://www.startribune.com/many-goph...-tv/449597923/

    Tempering external expectations...
    http://www.startribune.com/casey-mit...ent/449677893/
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  6. #26
    Registered User Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    7,257

    Re: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

    I predict the dogs have no answer for Casey, MN win.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX


    The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

    Quote Originally Posted by MN Pond Hockey View Post
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

    this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,765

    Re: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    I predict the dogs have no answer for Casey, MN win.
    That's not what I would call "tempering expectations"!
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  8. #28
    Registered User Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    7,257

    Re: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    That's not what I would call "tempering expectations"!
    I wasted time this summer over here.

    http://hfboards.mandatory.com/thread...uf-ii.2364887/

    All the Canadians think since he can't do an NHL pull-up, he sucks.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX


    The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

    Quote Originally Posted by MN Pond Hockey View Post
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

    this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,765

    Re: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    All the Canadians think since he can't do an NHL pull-up, he sucks.
    Having hit the weight training room with the Gophers over the summer, I bet he can do more than one pull-up now.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  10. #30
    Misfit Emeritus Flashy Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    5,211

    Re: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

    Feel free to join Tech Hockey Guide on our Discord chat.
    https://discord.gg/XZGKV8
    Quote Originally Posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    352

    Re: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

    Quote Originally Posted by gopher wes View Post
    Agreed, and that's why I was surprised the last time I was there. tDogs completed a home/home sweep and their fans still seems ornery.
    Sour grapes.
    You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

  12. #32
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    29,187

    Re: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    There are 84 Big Ten hockey games on the schedule this season. BTN's current schedule includes 20 telecasts. I don't think that qualifies as a majority.
    I counted 23 total unique games and a few others will likely be added. That does't sound like a lot, but they are competing with FB and BB and dozens of others will be aired on other channels. The Gophers have 9 scheduled for BTN but 23 additional games scheduled elsewhere.

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,410

    Re: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Having hit the weight training room with the Gophers over the summer, I bet he can do more than one pull-up now.
    1. What happened to Goph season thread?
    2. Wat happened to the team bus, that the team didn't show up until most of the 2nd period was over?

  14. #34
    2147483647
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    22,755

    Re: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

    Id be suprised if the Gophers win a single game this year. Even the Penguins could have beat them last night.

  15. #35
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017
    Posts
    2,598

    Re: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

    Wow, what a dirty elbow on Baltus. Duluth going thug late here.

  16. #36
    Still upright
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    6,047

    Re: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Wow, what a dirty elbow on Baltus. Duluth going thug late here.
    In my mind they have been less than sportsmanslike for a while now. That elbow was bad though. I don't think the two sets of players like each other at all.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    142

    Re: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Wow, what a dirty elbow on Baltus. Duluth going thug late here.
    I guess I disagree, I thought it was a clean hit in real time. Saw the replay, still think it was a clean hit. I think it's a classic example of it looked bad so we better call a penalty. The guy stepped out of the box, Baltus had his head down, and got blown up, I just don't see where it warranted 5 minutes, especially since it wasn't called in real time. Good on Joe for arguing for it I guess.

    Would have rather won the game without that call.

    My 0.02 cents.

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,401

    Re: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

    Quote Originally Posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Id be suprised if the Gophers win a single game this year. Even the Penguins could have beat them last night.
    In two weeks they have two games a bantam team could win, so you can count on at least two more wins.

  19. #39
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    25,739

    Re: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

    Wow, "The Institution" got it done.

    Hope the Captain is OK.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

    Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lower Michigan
    Posts
    857

    Re: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

    Nice job Tech - good for the Pairwise and good for the program moving forward.
    I think we have a good team concept building....Enjoy the ride home

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •