2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
    The NCHC has a contract with CBSSports that likely hamstrings them when it comes to other national coverage. Granted, all the games are in the second half, and I think they only aire like 16 games total, but it’s still a contract.

r
    I guess it's 14 games. And bad contract if that is the case.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Re: 2017 Icebreaker: Union/Michigan Tech & Minnesota/tUMD

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
      Criticism isn't mutually exclusive. BTN isn't beyond criticism when it comes to hockey, I recognize that. But they do show a majority of their conference games on a medium that a large number of sports fans in this country have. And I do understand that other sports largely subsidize the Big Ten's ability to do that.
      There are 84 Big Ten hockey games on the schedule this season. BTN's current schedule includes 20 telecasts. I don't think that qualifies as a majority.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        There are 84 Big Ten hockey games on the schedule this season. BTN's current schedule includes 20 telecasts. I don't think that qualifies as a majority.
        There are games on other networks. And again, criticism is not mutually exclusive. I'm not claiming Big Ten doesn't have issues too.

I think the probability of higher profile games like UMN vs UMD or UMN vs UND not being on TV at Minnesota is 0.0%. How those games, which will draw a relatively high number of viewers, are not being televised is beyond me.
        Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 10-04-2017, 08:02 AM.
        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Check for a smoking entrance, like the Xcel has. Get stamped, etc. Then, just go out for a smoke (winkwink)
          Might have to try that. Otherwise we will probably just show up very late to the Union/Tech game.
          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
            Yes,I will travel from Houghton county in Michigan and connect on Highway US2,then US53 through Superior.
            My first time out that way. Looking forward to see that area.

Hmmm. My places that I could think of are if you are coming from the south, not from Superior. I'll think more.
            Dirty: Why {shouldn't Grand Valley State} not just go the Miami way to fund DI? Rob banks and sell drugs.
            bigmrg74: GVSU has some speed, but not that kind of speed.

Comment

Originally posted by USAFA Bulldog View Post
              Hmmm. My places that I could think of are if you are coming from the south, not from Superior. I'll think more.
              I checked last night in the Duluth-Superior area and everything is booked tight. Not a room to be found. My friend found a place about 30 or so miles away.
              Thanks for your help USA Bulldog.
              MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
              2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Game day!!

Are tDogs fans still ornery? They weren't very nice the last time I was in Duluth. I can only assume the ornery factor is ramped up after losing the championship game last season.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                  Game day!!

Are tDogs fans still ornery? They weren't very nice the last time I was in Duluth. I can only assume the ornery factor is ramped up after losing the championship game last season.
                  Given the Gophers' recent record against tDogs, if anyone has reason to be ornery, it's Gopher fans.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Given the Gophers' recent record against tDogs, if anyone has reason to be ornery, it's Gopher fans.
                    Agreed, and that's why I was surprised the last time I was there. tDogs completed a home/home sweep and their fans still seems ornery.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

I know I'm ornery:
                      "Minnesota has a seven-game losing streak against UMD. The Gophers’ last victory in the series was Oct. 10, 2014."
                      http://www.startribune.com/gophers-m...ner/449678553/
                      http://www.startribune.com/many-goph...-tv/449597923/

Tempering external expectations...
                      http://www.startribune.com/casey-mit...ent/449677893/

Comment

I predict the dogs have no answer for Casey, MN win.
                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                          I predict the dogs have no answer for Casey, MN win.
                          That's not what I would call "tempering expectations"!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            That's not what I would call "tempering expectations"!
                            I wasted time this summer over here.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/thread...uf-ii.2364887/

All the Canadians think since he can't do an NHL pull-up, he sucks.
                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                              All the Canadians think since he can't do an NHL pull-up, he sucks.
                              Having hit the weight training room with the Gophers over the summer, I bet he can do more than one pull-up now.

Comment

Feel free to join Tech Hockey Guide on our Discord chat.
                                https://discord.gg/XZGKV8
                                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Working...
                                X