X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Then what the hell are semi-autos legal for?
    They are useful in bird hunting. They have less recoil and allow you to stay on target easier by minimizing you movement.

But see the point I just made a few minutes ago
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

You know what else you can hunt with? A bow and arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
        Yeah, and that doesn't kill 50 people and injure almost 500 more from a hotel window.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Not birds.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Just as you're happy to venture an opinion on whether or not being stopped by the cops as a person they consider suspicious or fearsome simply because of race can be dangerous.

Quote me where I said anything like that.

You sure do like to project.

Comment

You can also pound in a nail with a 1" wrench....
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

And armies of bygone days had legions of archers.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  Traffic stops can be dangerous. But so can driving down the interstate.

The vast majority of traffic stops are not dangerous. That's simply statistical fact. A cop is more likely to be killed driving down the road than he or she is to be killed during a traffic stop.

Of course the vast majority are mundane.

That means a cop shouldn't have a sidearm for the dangerous ones?

Is this really your argument? Statistics?

You're going to tell a widow "It's a darn shame. I mean, statistically this shouldn't have happened. If anything, he should have died on the way to work."

Comment

Um. $100k? Whathe ...

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                      You can also pound in a nail with a 1" wrench....
                      And I bet if you went on a killing spree with a wrench the results would be similar to if you went on one with a hammer...

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        I think, what is being suggested, would be in a situation where there is a call like this, it wouldn't be the unarmed patrol officers dispatched. It would some other more armed squad that is trained for that type of situation.
                        That's exactly what they do in the U.K.

link
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          And armies of bygone days had legions of archers.
                          Which has what to do with what Joe Schmo is allowed to carry?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            Of course the vast majority are mundane.

That means a cop shouldn't have a sidearm for the dangerous ones?

Is this really your argument? Statistics?

You're going to tell a widow "It's a darn shame. I mean, statistically this shouldn't have happened. If anything, he should have died on the way to work."
                            The entire reason cops are (in some cases) so trigger happy is because our populace is so heavily armed. It always amazes me that the "Blue Lives Matter" crowd is typically the same crowd who believes that strict gun laws=evil gubmit is coming for your guns.

In a former worklife I was in daily contact with big city police and although a few were rabid gun enthusiasts (one made a point to show me his new AR-15 he had just bought which was in the trunk of his squad car), a vast majority of them were not shy about letting me know how scary it could be on the streets because so many people were armed. If we really gave 2 Sh*ts about Blue Lives we would do something to make their jobs less dangerous, and that means less guns. Period. Safer for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
                              The entire reason cops are (in some cases) so trigger happy is because our populace is so heavily armed. It always amazes me that the "Blue Lives Matter" crowd is typically the same crowd who believes that strict gun laws=evil gubmit is coming for your guns.
                              My understanding is most cops want gun control.

Obviously the authoritarian dweeb who loves cops when they murder black people is a Republican who has been thoroughly indoctrinated by the NRA. But those aren't cops, they're mentally deficient wannabes who also think "supporting the troops" means sending them to die for Exxon's and Lockheed's shareprice.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 10-03-2017, 11:39 AM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                Not birds.
                                Not true. People have been hunting ducks and geese with a bow and arrow for decades.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X