This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

Appears if a background check was done it fell through the cracks. All indications based on reporting this morning was that he bought the gun he used. I'm sure the system did everything it could do though.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The estimates are there are 270 to 310 million guns in the US right now.

Please propose a legal solution that retrieves them all.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        A gun sale from a dealer requires an FFL (federal firearms license) for the transaction. Plus the buyer needs to be run through NICS (by the FFL) to complete the purchase.

If the transaction happened illegally the provider should be charged as an accessory.
        If it wasn’t a gun dealer who sold him the gun then no license would be required (or background check). Could’ve just been somebody he knew. I believe if you just sell a gun here or there as a “hobby” you don’t need a license to do so. If the seller knew he was going to use the gun to commit a crime, in Texas that’s a class A misdemeanor. 1 year in prison and a $4000 fine. Big f’ing deal.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Like I said, there's nothing we can do.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Devin Patrick Kelley

Middle name

Know what that means..........
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Just take them away! Duh! Right, alfa?
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Just take them away! Duh! Right, alfa?
                Buy back programs work. But, don't let that discourage the helplessness that permeates the NRA's narrative. It should be like anything else. We do what we can knowing we can't prevent everything. Instead, with guns, we do NOTHING. Absolutely nothing. Mental health, nothing. Guns, nothing, existing laws are a joke. And don't say Chicago. Cause Chicago can be traced to Indiana.

Just keep feeding the narrative.

Comment

My favorite is that Iowa keeps loosening it's gun laws, saying shootings are a mental health issue. We literally rank 50th in the country in mental health. The Stache closed 2 of the 3 state run mental hospitals on the way out the door to China. He closed the girl's state juvenile center as well, and his successor is looking for an excuse to close the boys one too.

So even if it is a mental health issue, don't lie and say the GOP is trying to fix that, because they're not. They're making it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Buy back programs work. But, don't let that discourage the helplessness that permeates the NRA's narrative. It should be like anything else. We do what we can knowing we can't prevent everything. Instead, with guns, we do NOTHING. Absolutely nothing. Mental health, nothing. Guns, nothing, existing laws are a joke. And don't say Chicago. Cause Chicago can be traced to Indiana.

Just keep feeding the narrative.
                    You are aware I think the NRA is nuts, right? And that I have stated I'm for mental health checks? And closing the private sales/gun show loopholes?

Keep to your narrative though that unless you are 100% anti-gun, you obviously are in bed with the NRA.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/10/21/gun-homicides-steady-after-decline-in-90s-suicide-rate-edges-up/

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...nes-full-data/

It's too late to argue this for me, so here's the stats on mass shootings and homicide rate. Y'all have fun.
                      Hey bronco, thanks for the info (and nice job Broncs chasing DU over the weekend).

However, here are some other numbers to soak on:

Guns in the US: 270-310 million (estimated, see Wikipedia)
                      Firearm homicides in the US (2017 to date): 13,158*

Automobiles in the US: 250-260 million (from LA Times article)
                      Automobile deaths in the US (2016): 37,461

What's interesting in looking for those sources is that the rate of deaths (per 100k) is up for firearms, and drugs, and vehicles. My brain has me wondering if there is correlation/causation between firearms and drugs (see: opioid problem in US); one article I found tried to tie warmer summers to the increasing rates. However, I thought motor vehicle technology is making cars safer, or, is that related to other factors (texting?) as well?

*If you hear a number in the mid-30k area, closer to that of the automobile number, that number includes suicides as on average firearm suicides are nominally 2x the number of firearm homicides.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Devin Patrick Kelley

Middle name

Know what that means..........
                        That apparently he was a Christian hating athiest?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Back up your statement. I see the stats from Chi-town, the mass shootings (which are defined as 4+ killed at one instance, that's the FBI definition), etc.

How are firearm homicides defined? Per capita? Per shooting (killing vs injured), how?
                          Your anecdotes don't change the actual numbers. Bronco posted a couple links, but ffs it isn't that hard to look these things up.

And separately, there is absolutely no reason to compare the safety of guns and cars, ever.

Comment

What a shocker, it's an Antifa attacker, and already the morons want to ban guns, which would have allowed the shooter to continue rampaging.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              What a shocker, it's an Antifa attacker, ...
                              Uh ... we don't know that.

< / KFAN meme >

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Kid forgot that if you die in a LARP, you die in real life.

Comment

Working...
                                X