This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Laws don't matter, but the underlined does. Our CULTURE needs to change.
    And how do you propose changing our culture so we decrease the massacres?

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
      What makes him an illegal gun owner? I have seen nothing saying guns weren't legally owned. And if he was killed by a legal gun owner is still a very big if, everything still says maybe that happened, maybe he killed himself, maybe he was cornered by law enforcement 5 miles away, it seems pretty unknown still. So if you want facts to matter, maybe you need to wait for them. The one fact right now is a fool shot a whole bunch of people, with a gun.
      Killing 26 makes it illegal gun owning
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
        And how do you propose changing our culture so we decrease the massacres?
        That is the million dollar question.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I don't know how to try and change the culture. I really don't. That IS the key, and if anyone has any insight, I'm all ears. We used to solve things with words then it was with fists, and now it's guns. It's quite frightening and sickening.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

That is the million dollar question.
            So, maybe while we try to figure that out we do something about the gun issue. That’s something we could do now, but we won’t. Thoughts and prayers all around, that’s been helping so much. Guns>innocent Americans.

Comment

So, maybe while we try to figure that out we do something about the gun issue. That’s something we could do now, but we won’t. Thoughts and prayers all around, that’s been helping so much. Guns>innocent Americans.
              I have said multiple times that I'm for mental health checks and close the gun show loopholes. Straight up bans of stuff I'm not a fan of, because it's either unrealistic or it goes against the 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Perhaps the churches should be leaving handguns in every pew instead of hymn books. Would let a hero end these things faster eh?
                I know of a couple churches in my area that have people who carry during services. These are folks who are legal and licensed to carry and that are approved by the pastor and church council to carry on premises.

The church secretary relayed this to me as I arrived at an evening mass a bit ago: At an earlier mass than the one I attended someone came in with a backpack. She observed a few parishioners sitting nearby were uncomfortable and they left before the readings were done. (Why they didn’t ask the person to put the bag somewhere else was my question.)

She asked me what could be done. I said post a bag policy and I referred her to look into the policies of some neighboring parishes (see above).
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I have said multiple times that I'm for mental health checks and close the gun show loopholes. Straight up bans of stuff I'm not a fan of, because it's either unrealistic or it goes against the 2nd Amendment.
                  That’s swell, but it ain’t happening and we all know it. Right now you just have to hope you’re not in the wrong place at the wrong time. Someone mentioned things would only change if somebody gunned down 50-60 members of Congress, I disagree. They would just vote for us taxpayers to pay for more security for them, F the rest of us.

Comment

That’s swell, but it ain’t happening and we all know it. Right now you just have to hope you’re not in the wrong place at the wrong time. Someone mentioned things would only change if somebody gunned down 50-60 members of Congress, I disagree. They would just vote for us taxpayers to pay for more security for them, F the rest of us.
                    I agree with all of the above. The only way things will change is if the NRA doesn't lobby anymore, and that ain't happening.

I'm saying all of this, and I'm PRO-gun. Yeah.

Comment

I don't know how to try and change the culture. I really don't. That IS the key, and if anyone has any insight, I'm all ears. We used to solve things with words then it was with fists, and now it's guns. It's quite frightening and sickening.
                      Life is cheap. We are treating our fellow humans as expendable goods instead of as precious assets. That's the observation. How to change the culture is going to require an inspirational leader.

And while the answer to Ned Braden may be "Yes," that will take a miracle. Maybe it's Druids for all I know.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Wife abuser. Child abuser. Bad conduct discharge. Was “confined” (aka jailed) by the US military for 12 months.
                        That would lead me to believe he would not be legal to possess a firearm much less purchase one.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/devin-...-church-killer

So where’d he get it? The full force of the law should find and prosecute that.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          It only goes against the second amendment because we have politicians with no balls. Does infringe mean NO limits, or does it just mean anyone can own some sort of a firearm? You can honestly interpret it either way. We know the first amendment is all about free speech, but we also know you can be prevented from legally yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. Before the RWNJs got involved in the POLITICS of gun ownership, virtually all Americans accepted there needs to be some reasonable control over who possessed guns and what kinds of firearms needed to be readily available. The slippery slope the NRA warns about as they spread fear of non-whites and foreigners with funny sounding names is actually the reverse of what they speak. They greased the skids in the opposite direction and now a chance to even have a reasonable discussion about allowing someone like me to own a firearm while taking effective steps to prevent mass killings is impossible. And we know they are effective because we've seen other countries do it and I don't see millions of them trying to get to America so they can own auto fire assault rifles again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            Wife abuser. Child abuser. Bad conduct discharge. Was “confined” (aka jailed) by the US military for 12 months.
                            That would lead me to believe he would not be legal to possess a firearm much less purchase one.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/devin-...-church-killer

So where’d he get it? The full force of the law should find and prosecute that.
                            DINGDINGDINGDING

You get it.

Comment

The appears to be merit to the reports of “good guy with a gun”.

As he exited the church, a local resident grabbed his rifle and engaged that suspect.
                              https://news.grabien.com/story-texas...-killer-ending

More details from the NY Post:

Authorities said the armed neighbor may have saved countless lives by opening fire on Kelley and forcing him to flee the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs during his 11:30 a.m. massacre.
                              http://nypost.com/2017/11/05/hero-neighbor-got-his-rifle-shot-at-texas-church-gunman/
                              Last edited by The Sicatoka; 11-05-2017, 10:26 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Most likely, someone privately sold him his gun (or guns) and that sale should only legally take place through a 3rd party that can complete a background check. I’m calling it a night so I’m not going to try to look it up now, but I’d guess that in Texas the sale itself was either legal or the penalty against it is minor. I hope I’m wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X