Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Days Since Last Shooting II

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    I've posted this before but I think a lot of the extremism is to counter the Bloomberg and Brady crowds. It seems like in the last couple of years it has gone a bit too far though. They should stay out of other issues.
    This is another example of how loony the right has become though. The Brady Bill was a commonsense, measured approach to a well defined and evidence based problem. The gun nuts and their lobby have responded with a generation of "watch out fellow nut jobs, because the slightest attempt at the most meaningless of regulations really means the gub-mint is coming for every last gun in the entire U. S. of A." Fvcking azz clowns, is what they are.

I used to consider myself a bit of an agnostic when it comes to gun regulation. No more. And no more of this democratic party double speak either. There is no need for any of the types of guns used in the Route 91 Harvest Massacre to exist or be available. I don't care what any mouth breathing owner of these weapons says, or if 99.99% of them will ever use them to harm another human being. People need to start saying what really needs to be done. These guns need to be gone. Done and fvcking gone. They are unnecessary. and by the way, before any of our useless politicians do anything else but pray, this will happen again.

I really love how we have become a society where if you say a simple word or phrase, people automatically know you are talking about a mass shooting where a dozen, or 20, or 30, or 40 or 50 or more people are killed. Aurora. Sandy Hook. Columbine. Route 91 Harvest Festival. Pulse. And if you own one of these guns, I sincerely hope you aren't crazy. But if you are, do the rest of us a favor and just shoot yourself in the head now and don't include any innocent people in your demented actions.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    And that, right there, is the problem and the scary part. The NRA stopped being a gun owners' organization about 40 years ago, and is now just a lobbying arm to "Sell baby, sell!" any firearm, to any nutjob, at any cost.

If your reason for owning a specific firearm is that it has a "cool military look", so that you and the boys can setup turban-wearing targets and go play toy soldier out on the Back 40, then you're a loon and you shouldn't own firearms.
    If we treated a man who wanted a gun like many states treat women who want an abortion, I bet we'd see gun sales down!
    Give him inaccurate biased literature
    make him wait at least three days
    Put a wand up his *** for fun (like the unnecessary vaginal probe women get)

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    If we treated a man who wanted a gun like many states treat women who want an abortion, I bet we'd see gun sales down!
    What about a woman who wants a gun?

Jfc

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Jfc
    On this, I agree wholeheartedly. WTeff.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Jfc
    Did you expect any kind of intelligent or rational thought? You know better.

Kichizapi Chetan

“Did this person get radicalized unbeknownst to us? And we want to identify that source,” said Clark County Nevada Sheriff Lombardo, 10/3/2017.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Women have ***es too...

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    This. Yeah, shooting a gun is fun and all, but that is NOT the main reason one should own one (I say main, because of target shooters/skeet/etc as a sport).
    I would argue that sport shooting, skeet/trap, is one of the best reasons to own guns. As a hobby, it is very fun, and a great way to spend time. And, as a gun owner, I would hold my time and experience shooting trap and skeet as one of the better reasons to own guns.

Gun owners of this ilk are not the problem, and even the most strident gun control advocates would be hard pressed to frame sport trap/skeet shooting as a bad thing.
    Last edited by bigblue_dl; 10-04-2017 at 12:36 AM.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I would argue that sport shooting, skeet/trap, is one of the best reasons to own guns. As a hobby, it is very fun, and a great way to spend time. And, as a gun owner, I would hold my time and experience shooting trap and skeet as one of the better reasons to own guns.
    This is where I waffle, b/c it's a big discussion point. Some argue that putting up fake Muslim/raghead targets for target practice is wrong (it is) but then we have legit target practice (that's okay). Same reason. It's target practice in general. Generally, no one is going out for real life target practice. But, the few that do...now we have to discuss laws and such and the guns used in both instances.

I will simply stick to my "change gun owners' attitudes" at this point. The specifics...man it's complicated. And I know you and DX (the most vocal gun owners on here) are in the right. You guys know your stuff, and are responsible. Kudos to that.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    We need to send that to Chris Coleman for his platform
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

This is where I waffle, b/c it's a big discussion point. Some argue that putting up fake Muslim/raghead targets for target practice is wrong (it is) but then we have legit target practice (that's okay). Same reason. It's target practice in general. Generally, no one is going out for real life target practice. But, the few that do...now we have to discuss laws and such and the guns used in both instances.

I will simply stick to my "change gun owners' attitudes" at this point. The specifics...man it's complicated. And I know you and DX (the most vocal gun owners on here) are in the right. You guys know your stuff, and are responsible. Kudos to that.
    You don't know what trap/skeet shooting is. ***, fake muslim targets????
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

You don't know what trap/skeet shooting is. ***, fake muslim targets????
    ???

I know skeet and trap. It's not the same as some rednecks mocking up some Muslim targets. Not even close. I'm not Flaggy or Drew. Please.

???

I know skeet and trap. It's not the same as some rednecks mocking up some Muslim targets. Not even close. I'm not Flaggy or Drew. Please.
    Then why did you bring that up? Trap and Skeet is an almost 100% positive subset of gun ownership. To confuse it with racist target shooting in any way is irresponsible. Confusing these things, even to try to make some kind of point does little to benefit anyone.

RIP - Kirby

Then why did you bring that up? Trap and Skeet is an almost 100% position subset of gun ownership. To confuse it with racist target shooting in any way is irresponsible. Confusing these things, even to try to make some kind of point does little to benefit anyone.
    Sigh. It goes back to an earlier post referencing that sort of comparison.

I was responding to said post.

Sigh. It goes back to an earlier post referencing that sort of comparison.

I was responding to said post.
    I must have missed that comparison. Even if you didn't bring it up originally, mistaking legitimate and non-offensive target shooting, such as trap and skeet as nefarious is a gross misrepresentation.

In fact, if anyone in the Twin Cities area is interested in this topic, and wants to see what trap/skeet is about. Let me know. Most of us that own guns have them for sport, and while they are still very dangerous, we handle them with the utmost respect. I wouldn't want to change your beliefs, but give you a glimpse of where some of us are coming from. I'll even convince DX to come out and shoot a round with us.

With all this, it doesn't mean I, and many other responsible gun owners don't think there should be some common sense gun control reforms, like I have mentioned earlier.

RIP - Kirby

I'm pretty sure you know my stance on guns. If you can show responsibility for the safety and practice of using a gun, go ahead, you are able to own one. More power to you. Not QUITE my thing with my current life status, but I am FOR the right to own guns and use them. I have a special place in hell for those that just buy guns because 'Murica and "I can shoot what I wanna shoot" attitudes.

I have a special place in hell for those that just buy guns because 'Murica and "I can shoot what I wanna shoot" attitudes.

Even if they never use them in an illegal manner?

Dang!

You're to the left of most in here.

Wisconsin Hockey Am I dreaming?

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

More information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSe9RY3j1Nk

And you all took the bait.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Thread Information