X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    you can hunt deer with a bolt action rifle. no need for giant magazines like those pictured.
    I think it's time to tell hunters they have to be better at hunting and semi-automatics are banned. That's what I would do. But, no, we want the mentally ill to have semi-autos with silencers.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      A bump stock to me is a modification that makes the weapon full automatic and should be regulated as such.

However, the rest of that weapon is a "scary looking" .308 caliber (7.65 mm) deer hunting rifle.
      Agree on the bump stock. They should be outlawed.

For some reason some people like their guns to look scary. I don't really get it. I prefer my hunting firearms to have a traditional wood stock look. Take away the bump stock, and use a 5 round magazine, and that gun operates the exact same as a wood-stocked hunting rifle.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
        you can hunt deer with a bolt action rifle. no need for giant magazines like those pictured.
        Many deer hunting rifles come with a magazine with five or more rounds.

The questions become:
        - bolt or semi-automatic (and deer rifles come in both)
        - magazine size
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I think it's time to tell hunters they have to be better at hunting and semi-automatics are banned. That's what I would do. But, no, we want the mentally ill to have semi-autos with silencers.
          Skilled hunters don't use semi-automatics. They can jam, and it's pretty widely understood they are not as accurate.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Skilled hunters don't use semi-automatics. They can jam, and it's pretty widely understood they are not as accurate.
            Then what the hell are semi-autos legal for?
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Revenue stream.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Revenue stream.
                Then people need to stop telling us there is nothing we can do on the law side. We've pointed out three things we can do right now.

1. Put the mental ill law back in place.
                2. Stop the silencer bill.
                3. Ban Semi-Automatic weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  It might be a stretch to call myself a skilled hunter, I'd admit that.
                  But, I do deer hunt with a semi-auto slug gun (I hunt in a no-rifle area, due to higher population densities).
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

They are legal because they are simply another way of chambering a live piece of ammo into the chamber. Bolt action, lever action, pump action, break action, revolver, probably others. They all have the same effect, and let's the shooter pull the trigger and fire off another shell, just a different mechanical action.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      It might be a stretch to call myself a skilled hunter, I'd admit that.
                      But, I do deer hunt with a semi-auto slug gun (I hunt in a no-rifle area, due to higher population densities).
                      Gas operated semi autos kick a lot less than other shotguns too.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        Yet you're happy to venture an opinion on whether or not traffic stops can be dangerous.

For other people doing a job that you wouldn't do.
                        Traffic stops can be dangerous. But so can driving down the interstate.

The vast majority of traffic stops are not dangerous. That's simply statistical fact. A cop is more likely to be killed driving down the road than he or she is to be killed during a traffic stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          Yet you're happy to venture an opinion on whether or not traffic stops can be dangerous.

For other people doing a job that you wouldn't do.
                          Just as you're happy to venture an opinion on whether or not being stopped by the cops as a person they consider suspicious or fearsome simply because of race can be dangerous.

For other people in a position you will never be.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            Traffic stops can be dangerous. But so can driving down the interstate.

The vast majority of traffic stops are not dangerous. That's simply statistical fact. A cop is more likely to be killed driving down the road than he or she is to be killed during a traffic stop.
                            Regardless of occupation, driving to work is by far the most dangerous part of the day.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              Many deer hunting rifles come with a magazine with five or more rounds.

The questions become:
                              - bolt or semi-automatic (and deer rifles come in both)
                              - magazine size

bolt
                              magazine size? small. you don't even need a 5 rounds to hunt deer.

my friend's dad hunts deer with a muzzle loader
                              Last edited by BassAle; 10-03-2017, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                A cop is more likely to be killed driving down the road than he or she is to be killed during a traffic stop.
                                Unfortunately I suspect a cop is more likely to be killed by traffic during a traffic stop than by the stopped motorist.
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X