This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    IALTO - the black market connections that are so easy for anyone to tap into.

Yes, anyone can get a gun if they put their mind to it.

Would be much harder to get convertible semi-autos with large magazines if they didn't start out as legal sales.

Good to know that I can come to you though when I need an untraceable weapon.

I know some seedy MFs, and I wouldn't claim to be able to find illegal weapons with one or two calls.

Who knew Brent - who was scared of downtown Minneapolis not so long ago - was so close to the underworld.

His buddy's hunting rifle that has been in the family for 50 years is probably what he is considering untraceable.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      Yeah, they haven't fallen for the "trickle down" bull ****. Nearly every developed country has a stronger middle class than us.
      Hard to argue with that.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Australia isn't a great comparison. They only have around 7% of the population we do. Their economy is much better for average people. Not to mention they are much stricter than us on immigration. There is no comparable situation to ours.
        Your conclusions are wrong. Population is not an indicator of a violent society. And the only ones who believe that immigrants cause the majority of gun deaths are those on the right.

The following article refutes myths:

1. They're coming for your guns - gun owners outman the US military and police by 79:1
        2. Lesser gun laws make you safer - high correlation of states with lax gun ownership and gun deaths
        3. Good guys stop bad guys - No mass shooting have been stopped by armed civilians in 33 years
        4. There are more gun owners - Actually there are less, the current ones are just buy more
        5. Don't need more gun laws - In a survey, 40% of inmates say they got their guns through private sellers wo background checks.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...hs-fact-check/
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
          Gurt, maybe but probably quite unlikely (for a conventional wood stock hunting rifle). It's the AR-15 and such that you can really get into and customize.
          Just as a point of information, it's a fairly simple matter to make any semi-automatic hunting rifle fire full auto. I can do it to Grampa's 1950's deer rifle in an hour in my garage with a few hand tools. Gun technology isn't some space age laser beam stuff, Gatlin guns are 150 years old, semi-automatic and automatic rifles have been around for 125 years or so. Basic AR design is 60+ years old and it's so simple, it's astonishing that it took that long to come up with the design. The simplicity makes them somewhat easier to convert I suppose but none of it is hard. Heck a blacksmith could make an entire AR using 1000 year old tech if he really wanted to. The design is out, you don't need to know what to make, that genie is long since out of the bottle. I can make the entire working part of an AR with some very simple machine tools (or easier with a 3-D printer) with a little time and patience.

None of which is necessary because I can also just fit any semi-auto rifle with a "bump" stock. Which is just a spring in the shoulder stock that pushes the entire rifle forward after firing recoil is absorbed. The shooter simply holds his finger in place as the gun moves forward and the trigger is depressed again without doing anything else. Incredibly high rates of fire can be achieved very simply. Here is an example of a commercial one. As you can see, there is nothing at all complicated about the design at all, and a couple pieces of inter-fitting pipe with a spring and maybe some wood for comfort would do exactly the same thing on any semi-auto rifle.

As to high capacity magazines - Again, magazines are just some sheet metal formed into a rectangular tube with a spring, it's not like they are produced in a secret hidden laboratory. The design is done, there is nothing to it, and you can seriously have two left hands and modify that. For anybody with a desire to do this stuff, it's pretty simple.
          Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 10-03-2017, 08:04 AM.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Australia also happens to be an ISLAND. Makes it a little tougher to import guns.

I'm for stricter background checks, but if you think banning any sort of gun will improve anything, you are mistaken.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I'm for stricter background checks, but if you think banning any sort of gun will improve anything, you are mistaken.
              Please stop confusing the issue. Nobody is saying outlaw guns. Its protected by the Constitution.

The problem is you guys keep changing the discussion and that stops any real progress towards reducing gun deaths.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                Please stop confusing the issue. Nobody is saying outlaw guns. Its protected by the Constitution.

The problem is you guys keep changing the discussion and that stops any real progress towards reducing gun deaths.
                What is your solution?
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

That has been a deliberate conflation by the NRA to shut down reasonable discussion. It works.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    For anybody with a desire to do this stuff, it's pretty simple.

As long as you have a machine shop and can work with sheet metal, right?

I understand that there are how-to's on the interwebs for almost anything.

Doesn't mean just anybody could pull it off.

I'd have more faith in Brent's underworld connections than the average idiot building his own high capacity magazine.

Comment

I hope that you are not that naive. If one wants a gun in this country, they will get one. Banning them is impossible at this stage of the game. Frankly, I'm two/three calls away from getting an untraceable gun.
                      Hey now, banning is a terrific tool! Look at what good it's done during both Prohibition and the Drug War!

Comment

Then what part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand? Any sort of restriction is unconstitutional.

Comment

Australia also happens to be an ISLAND. Makes it a little tougher to import guns.

Yeah, America is so special, an embarrassingly high rate of gun violence is just something we need to live with.

I think you are the one that is mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Then what part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand? Any sort of restriction is unconstitutional.
                            So I can weaponize anthrax in my basement?(2nd amendment doesn't say guns specifically)

Comment

Your conclusions are wrong. Population is not an indicator of a violent society. And the only ones who believe that immigrants cause the majority of gun deaths are those on the right.

The following article refutes myths:

1. They're coming for your guns - gun owners outman the US military and police by 79:1
                              2. Lesser gun laws make you safer - high correlation of states with lax gun ownership and gun deaths
                              3. Good guys stop bad guys - No mass shooting have been stopped by armed civilians in 33 years
                              4. There are more gun owners - Actually there are less, the current ones are just buy more
                              5. Don't need more gun laws - In a survey, 40% of inmates say they got their guns through private sellers wo background checks.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...hs-fact-check/
                              Lest we forget that Australia is ALSO a nation of immigrants. With a distinct influence from the UK. Just like us.

There are far more similarities between Australia and the US than not.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Any sort of restriction is unconstitutional.
                                "The right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited." -Justice Antonin Scalia

Comment

Working...
                                X