X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I saw a good stat on Twitter the other day: murder rate per 1,000 guns. Given the large amount of guns we own we were way down the list.
    Misleading. That's because at 8 guns per gun owning house hold the US tops the world in gun ownership. In fact just 19% of Americans own half the guns...and 3% own the other half.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d06006eea16f
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      There are lies, dam lies, and statistics.
      "Huurrr durrrr. Herp derpbaderp."
      -Ronald Reagan
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        -Ronald Reagan
        You keep being you.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Misleading. That's because at 8 guns per gun owning house hold the US tops the world in gun ownership. In fact just 19% of Americans own half the guns...and 3% own the other half.

I know. That was the point of my post if you read the second sentence I wrote. The graph made it look like the US was a lot better than other countries when it comes to gun violence, but it was obviously due to the fact we own significantly more guns than most everyone else.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

isn't it better that we've expanded to the top 3% from the much despised top 1%?!?!?!
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              isn't it better that we've expanded to the top 3% from the much despised top 1%?!?!?!
              I dunno. Are we using that 3% of guns on that despised 1%?
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Are the 3% with all the guns the ones doing all the shooting of people?
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Well gee...I think that map speaks volumes!
                  Yeah, it says that when you put people in close proximity to others, they'll kill each other more often than if they have space to be by themselves*. Except in New Mexico, Arizona, and Nevada, then they'll just kill each other for the heck of it.

*not the actual causation
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

There are lies, dam lies, and statistics.
                    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    -Ronald Reagan
                    You keep being you.
                    You two just need a room to kiss and hug it out.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      I dunno. Are we using that 3% of guns on that despised 1%?
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You keep being you.
                        You quoted Reagan. He didn't.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          That's not a Reagan quote.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            That's not a Reagan quote.
                            Who is Mark Twain?
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              The term was popularized in United States by Mark Twain (among others), who attributed it to the British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Try again. And his response was rather childish and added nothing.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The term was popularized in United States by Mark Twain (among others), who attributed it to the British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Try again. And his response was rather childish and added nothing.
                                I thought it added more than your quote. And quoting Mark Twain is pretty close to Reagan politics. That folksy vibe that gets us into North Korea.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X