X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Page won't load/bad link.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Page won't load/bad link.
      Fixed.

A snippet:

"The suspect believed that the mom's friend; who is the victim in this case, was trying to pick up Brian's girlfriend and hit on Brian's girlfriend," Nocco said. "Please note, Brian does not have a girlfriend. In his mind he did. But, in reality he didn't."

Police said the mother and boyfriend fled the home after the shooting and called police. Desario walked out into the middle of the street and pointed a rifle towards Gulf Highlands Elementary School, which was about a block and a half away from the home.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Gun waiting periods save an estimated hundred lives a year. Sounds like a thing - assuming saving lives is a priority.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/...ear-study-says

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        If there were no illegal immigrants, those jobs they have would be difficult to fill at those wages. So employers would have to raise wages, say to a "livable wage." Huh. Imagine someone working at McDonald's for, I dunno, $15/hr? Someone should get to work on that.

Oh yeah, right.
        Illegal immigrants do play a role - you could argue net positive, but no question net neutral.

And illegal guns?
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Um... guys?
          According to Snopes, it's false.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            Three little letters.
            A $23 million dollar, over 28 years, bogeyman.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/tot...082&cycle=2014

For reference and comparison, the NEA over the same time period has donated five times more money.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/tot...064&cycle=2016
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              A $23 million dollar, over 28 years, bogeyman.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/tot...082&cycle=2014

For reference and comparison, the NEA over the same time period has donated five times more money.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/tot...064&cycle=2016
              Just In Case You Want All the Facts

The NRA’s biggest chunk of spending on politics came from "outside spending," consisting largely of "independent expenditures" — efforts "expressly advocating the election or defeat of a clearly identified candidate." Often these take the form of campaign ads, but they are carried out without coordinating with the candidates they are supporting.

This type of spending vastly outpaces what the NRA spent on giving to candidates directly. The NRA spent $144.3 million on outside spending, such as independent expenditures, during that period.

In addition, the NRA since 1998 has reported spending a cumulative $45.9 million on federal lobbying, both for its in-house operations and the outside consultants it has retained.

If you add it all up -- candidate and party contributions, independent expenditures, and lobbying -- the NRA has spent $203.2 million on political activities since 1998.
              Keep trying though...you almost had a point but then, as per usual, you twisted it into something it isnt. Just keep pretending though your precious NRA isnt doing what everyone literally sees them do, I am sure if you close your eyes and wish real hard it will come true. Here in the real world though we know this is just another in a long line of BS things you post here that prove your lack of any credibility
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Also one of those organizations is far more beneficial to society lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Just In Case You Want All the Facts

Keep trying though...you almost had a point but then, as per usual, you twisted it into something it isnt. Just keep pretending though your precious NRA isnt doing what everyone literally sees them do, I am sure if you close your eyes and wish real hard it will come true. Here in the real world though we know this is just another in a long line of BS things you post here that prove your lack of any credibility
                  Does the NEA do any "outside spending?"
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    Does the NEA do any "outside spending?"
                    I dont know, I am sure they do. So what?

He wants to pretend the NRA isnt influencing gun regulation in this country...he used the NEA spending as proof of it. One literally has zero to do with the other irregardless of the fact that his number was incomplete. If his point was dollars dont make a difference he MIGHT have a point minus the truth that the facts bare out a different story.

But here...lets just boil it down to a simple question...do you think the NRA has influence over gun policy in this country? Why or why not?
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      I dont know, I am sure they do. So what?

He wants to pretend the NRA isnt influencing gun regulation in this country...he used the NEA spending as proof of it. One literally has zero to do with the other irregardless of the fact that his number was incomplete. If his point was dollars dont make a difference he MIGHT have a point minus the truth that the facts bare out a different story.

But here...lets just boil it down to a simple question...do you think the NRA has influence over gun policy in this country? Why or why not?
                      I think the NRA has influence over gun policy in the U.S. I sometimes think their influence is overstated, but they certainly spend money on advertising and on political campaigns.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I think the NRA has influence over gun policy in the U.S. I sometimes think their influence is overstated, but they certainly spend money on advertising and on political campaigns.
                        Influence???????? Wow.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

They are considered one of the two most powerful pressure groups in the country, along with the AARP. They control the second-largest and most passionate single-issue voting bloc in the country.

They're a third rail -- you cross them you die.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

They are considered one of the two most powerful pressure groups in the country, along with the AARP. They control the second-largest and most passionate single-issue voting bloc in the country.

Yeah but what about the NEA...
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Influence???????? Wow.
                              It's the term Handy used. He asked me whether I thought they had influence and I said yes.

Comment

Sure, they have influence. But that's because people believe passionately in their particular cause.

I think the point that Sic was trying to make is that while the NRA spends money on political contributions to candidates, overall it's a small drop in the bucket compared with other contributions to candidates.

The NRA is successful not because of the amount of money they spend, but because they are very good at what they do and their target audience already feels strongly about their message. It would be like saying that the only way to convince North Dakota hockey fans to oppose the change of name of their team is to spend a lot of money on advertising or political contributions.

Comment

Working...
                                X