X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    So a lawful gun owner saves a bunch of people from an illegal gun owner yet all we're hearing is that we need more gun control. That pretty much sums up where we're at right now as a country. Facts don't matter anymore apparently.
    Watch Schumer politicize it within 24 hours, just like he whined about last week.

Comment

So a lawful gun owner saves a bunch of people from an illegal gun owner yet all we're hearing is that we need more gun control. That pretty much sums up where we're at right now as a country. Facts don't matter anymore apparently.
      What makes him an illegal gun owner? I have seen nothing saying guns weren't legally owned. And if he was killed by a legal gun owner is still a very big if, everything still says maybe that happened, maybe he killed himself, maybe he was cornered by law enforcement 5 miles away, it seems pretty unknown still. So if you want facts to matter, maybe you need to wait for them. The one fact right now is a fool shot a whole bunch of people, with a gun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        One person being able to do that does not mean more gun control isn't needed.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
          What makes him an illegal gun owner? I have seen nothing saying guns weren't legally owned. And if he was killed by a legal gun owner is still a very big if, everything still says maybe that happened, maybe he killed himself, maybe he was cornered by law enforcement 5 miles away, it seems pretty unknown still. So if you want facts to matter, maybe you need to wait for them. The one fact right now is a fool shot a whole bunch of people, with a gun.
          I have HEARD, so don't take this as fact, that he was prohibited from owning a gun. I haven't looked into it yet, so don't know for sure. Heard this from a trusted friend. Not some FB random post, not some CNN hype train, a person I know very well.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            One person being able to do that does not mean more gun control isn't needed.
            Perhaps the churches should be leaving handguns in every pew instead of hymn books. Would let a hero end these things faster eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I have HEARD, so don't take this as fact, that he was prohibited from owning a gun. I haven't looked into it yet, so don't know for sure. Heard this from a trusted friend. Not some FB random post, not some CNN hype train, a person I know very well.
              He had a dishonorable discharge from the Air Force. That's a lifetime ban on owning guns.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                He had a dishonorable discharge from the Air Force. That's a lifetime ban on owning guns.
                Ok, that is exactly what I was told, and didn't want to provide a possible false fact. Thank you.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Perhaps the churches should be leaving handguns in every pew instead of hymn books. Would let a hero end these things faster eh?
                  Nope. Try Again.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

About the shooter: http://yournewswire.com/texas-church-shooter-antifa/

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      In South Carolina, it is illegal for an adult male to attend church without his rifle.

Comment

Aurora: AR-15
                        Orlando: AR-15
                        Las Vegas: AR-15
                        Sandy Hook: AR-15
                        Umpqua CC: AR-15
                        San Bernardino: AR-15
                        Sutherland Springs: AR-15

Nope. Nothing we can do. Thoughts and prayers all around.

Comment

AR-15 is the same as any legal gun: one trigger pull, one bang. It just "looks sweeter."

Comment

Had we had effective gun laws in this country and a more reasonable attitude from people like you, there probably wouldn't have been another massacre in the first place. A good guy with a gun did not prevent dozens of people being shot today. There's a fact for you.

You want to know what will prevent this from happening again? One day when the shooter finally figures out how to get into the house when it is in session and 50 or 60 members of congress are shot dead. That's the only way this will change. Other than that, get used to seeing these kinds of things so frequently it will be like reporting high school football scores. If we go 3 months without a random mass shooting, I will be shocked. In fact, my belief is another will happen before 2017 is over.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                              Had we had effective gun laws in this country and a more reasonable attitude from people like you, there probably wouldn't have been another massacre in the first place. A good guy with a gun did not prevent dozens of people being shot today. There's a fact for you.

You want to know what will prevent this from happening again? One day when the shooter finally figures out how to get into the house when it is in session and 50 or 60 members of congress are shot dead. That's the only way this will change. Other than that, get used to seeing these kinds of things so frequently it will be like reporting high school football scores. If we go 3 months without a random mass shooting, I will be shocked. In fact, my belief is another will happen before 2017 is over.
                              Laws don't matter, but the underlined does. Our CULTURE needs to change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                AR-15 is the same as any legal gun: one trigger pull, one bang. It just "looks sweeter."
                                The AR-15 is the same as any other gun the way the Dodge Colt I drove in the 80’s is like any other car. Thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Working...
                                X