Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 586

Thread: Days Since Last Shooting II

  1. #141
    unofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Posts
    17,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Of course the vast majority are mundane.

    That means a cop shouldn't have a sidearm for the dangerous ones?


    Is this really your argument? Statistics?

    You're going to tell a widow "It's a darn shame. I mean, statistically this shouldn't have happened. If anything, he should have died on the way to work."
    "Think of the widow" is just as bad an argument when discussing public policy as "think of the children."

    Cause guess what, the people cops kill indiscriminately with their sidearms also leave behind family. What are you going to tell them? "It's a darn shame your husband got shot for being black, but that cop had to have a sidearm with a hair trigger because your husband could've been the one in ten million that shot back."

  2. #142
    Mr. Sanctimonious Gurtholfin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    11,702

    Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

    Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    "Think of the widow" is just as bad an argument when discussing public policy as "think of the children."

    Cause guess what, the people cops kill indiscriminately with their sidearms also leave behind family. What are you going to tell them? "It's a darn shame your husband got shot for being black, but that cop had to have a sidearm with a hair trigger because your husband could've been the one in ten million that shot back."

    I would think that a lawyer would be more careful with hyperbole.

    Again - where did I say that cops should be allowed to kill minorities or anyone else indiscriminately?

    You're showing just how weak your position is.


    Good luck with your movement to disarm law enforcement.

    That ought to gain us support at the polls.
    Wisconsin Hockey Am I dreaming?

  3. #143

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    53,310

    Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Don't give people the chance to equate the two of you.
    LOL. I'm not in charge of your defensiveness and overreach. Only you can get a handle on that.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  4. #144

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    53,310

    Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    An overbearing tyrant with defenseless peons. Why wouldn't they?
    You're really gonna have to get your story straight. On the one hand you want your 3 percenter heroes to outgun the cops but on the other you want the cops to ethnically cleanse Our Great White Sniff Christian Nation.

    Gotta pick one, son.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  5. #145
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    41,221

    Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    You're really gonna have to get your story straight. On the one hand you want your 3 percenter heroes to outgun the cops but on the other you want the cops to ethnically cleanse Our Great White Sniff Christian Nation.

    Gotta pick one, son.
    Who said I wanted the latter? If that were the case, I'd move to North Korea, where that exists. You're the one that's not paying attention. I thought Ivy Leaguers were supposed to be intelligent...
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  6. #146
    I'm the Problem ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    63,570

    Re: Days Since Last Shooting II




    That's good because we're giving the insane Semi-Automatics and Silencers now.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  7. #147
    Kichizapi Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    11,905

    Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    ... the authoritarian dweeb who loves cops when they murder black people is a Republican who has been thoroughly indoctrinated by the NRA.
    ... I have no hope that Repugs will ever do the right thing ... Iím actually not even sympathetic [because] country music fans often are Republican gun toters.
    Your words; Gold's words.

    It's never going to get better if rule one is demonize the other side and their beliefs.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  8. #148
    I'm the Problem ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    63,570

    Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

    GOP wimps out. Pulls Silencer Bill.

    http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/1...d-indefinitely
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  9. #149

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    53,310

    Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    GOP wimps out. Pulls Silencer Bill.

    http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/1...d-indefinitely
    Good. But they will sneak it back on the docket as soon as the heat's off. They have quid pro quo to make good on for their paymasters.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  10. #150
    Yep, still here
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    27,292

    Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

    Got pulled once because of Scalise. I think we can safely assume that there will always be more shootings. They'l need to do it at 2am or something.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


    Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

  11. #151
    I'm the Problem ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    63,570

    Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

    Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    Got pulled once because of Scalise. I think we can safely assume that there will always be more shootings. They'l need to do it at 2am or something.
    Funny. If it's bad policy now, or when Scalise got shot it's probably just bad policy.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  12. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,330
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Your words; Gold's words.

    It's never going to get better if rule one is demonize the other side and their beliefs.
    Those aren't even remotely similar. It wasn't that she demonized the other side that made Gold's statement so offensive, it's that she essentially said they deserved to be shot up.

  13. #153
    Kichizapi Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    11,905

    Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

    Quote Originally Posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    ... it's that she essentially said they deserved to be shot up.
    Why did they deserve it in her mind?

    Because they are ... Republicans? Gun toters? "Repugs"? <-- All Gold's words.

    Dehumanizing. Demonizing. But nobody sees it because it's the new normal.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  14. #154

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    53,310

    Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

    Nitwitia has a whole article celebrating Flag today.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  15. #155
    Kichizapi Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    11,905

    Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Nitwitia has a whole article celebrating Flag today.
    You knew ISIS, ISIL, DAESH would claim it (even if all they could really do is dream it).

    What's that slogan?
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  16. #156
    unofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Posts
    17,853
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Why did they deserve it in her mind?

    Because they are ... Republicans? Gun toters? "Repugs"? <-- All Gold's words.

    Dehumanizing. Demonizing. But nobody sees it because it's the new normal.
    And yet the next time you criticize idiots like Steve King will be the first. I wonder what the difference is, can't be the letter after their name...

    People with glass houses and all that.
    Last edited by unofan; 10-03-2017 at 01:57 PM.

  17. #157
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    41,221

    Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Why did they deserve it in her mind?

    Because they are ... Republicans? Gun toters? "Repugs"? <-- All Gold's words.

    Dehumanizing. Demonizing. But nobody sees it because it's the new normal.
    An old song featured on Broadway several times comes to mind... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aeQ3DmKU7A

    Anti-Fa uses fascist techniques. PATRIOT is used for something tyrannical and oppressive. Affordable care is anything but affordable, based on latest coverage plans. Being liberal only means liberty if it agrees with the group's narratives.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  18. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,330
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Why did they deserve it in her mind?

    Because they are ... Republicans? Gun toters? "Repugs"? <-- All Gold's words.

    Dehumanizing. Demonizing. But nobody sees it because it's the new normal.
    So what makes the two statements similar is that they were both made for similar reasons? That's ridiculous.

  19. #159
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    41,221

    Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    You knew ISIS, ISIL, DAESH would claim it (even if all they could really do is dream it).

    What's that slogan?
    They didn't claim Marsailles. They didn't claim the one in Canada. Despite the fact that both were done by Muslims. And last I checked, the first I of ISIS is still "Islamic".
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  20. #160
    Kichizapi Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    11,905

    Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

    Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    And yet the next time you criticize idiots like Steve King will be the first. I wonder what the difference is, can't be the letter after their name...
    I just criticize idiots like Jarod Kushner (R) (and other Trump WH officials) for using private email for government business.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •