Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

By the way, Kitchen and Drain were the two linesmen tonight.

Apparently Toilet and Plunger were both unavailable?

Seriously, Kitchen and Drain. Absolutely outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
      By the way, Kitchen and Drain were the two linesmen tonight.

Seriously, Kitchen and Drain. Absolutely outstanding.
      We see them quite often. It is a comical pairing to say the least.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
        We see them quite often. It is a comical pairing to say the least.
        The ECAC never disappoints. That is the best.

Comment

Thankfully MacDonald and Feola were elsewhere...

The ECAC never disappoints. That is the best.
          Have you seen the female ref Guay?
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          Northeast Regional:

Comment

While it was a nice weekend getting a sweep I need to see alot more before I can determine if this team is a true contender for the ECAC. They beat two below average teams in Brown and Yale. We will see if this is the start of something after getting punched in the mouth 2 weeks in a row.
            QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
            2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
            2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
            2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
            https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
            https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
            https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Thankfully MacDonald and Feola were elsewhere...

Have you seen the female ref Guay?
              I have not -- but I'm glad to see that. Good job by the league there.

Speaking of the league ... can we talk about how in the world they allow this game to be scheduled for the start of Thanksgiving break? That's a terrible job! QU-Yale is one of the biggest rivalries in the league along with RPI-Union, Clarkson-SLU, and Cornell-Harvard. Shouldn't you schedule those games for the most opportune times? I know scheduling is hard, but putting this game during Thanksgiving break is a massive blunder by the league, and I"m hoping QU officials are in contact with the ECAC office trying to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                While it was a nice weekend getting a sweep I need to see alot more before I can determine if this team is a true contender for the ECAC. They beat two below average teams in Brown and Yale. We will see if this is the start of something after getting punched in the mouth 2 weeks in a row.
                I agree, but it was certainly a step in the right direction. These are the games that they NEED to win. Being weaker teams, the wins don't do much for PWR, but losses can catastrophic. As I said, this was a great weekend for their confidence. There's still a lot of hockey left to be played.
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Speaking of the league ... can we talk about how in the world they allow this game to be scheduled for the start of Thanksgiving break?
                  t's that ECAC flip-the-schedule every 4 or so years. We played Yale in early November a few years back. Not sure why they do it but then again, why does the league do many of the things its does?

We were talking to a student usher last night. She said the kids were able to, by request, stay on campus until this morning in order to make the game. So I think the school tried to make the best of the situation.

Overall I thought the crowd was good considering the student situation and the Yale-Harvard football game. We had several heated exchanges between fans around 113 all night. A couple of guys almost went to blows when McMaster took the major.

Did you happen to see Lahey down in the student section? He was getting them all fired up and they did some sort of Lahey chant. The school is really going to miss the rapport he has with the kids, even if he goes over the top on occasion.
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

t's that ECAC flip-the-schedule every 4 or so years. We played Yale in early November a few years back. Not sure why they do it but then again, why does the league do many of the things its does?

We were talking to a student usher last night. She said the kids were able to, by request, stay on campus until this morning in order to make the game. So I think the school tried to make the best of the situation.

Overall I thought the crowd was good considering the student situation and the Yale-Harvard football game. We had several heated exchanges between fans around 113 all night. A couple of guys almost went to blows when McMaster took the major.

Did you happen to see Lahey down in the student section? He was getting them all fired up and they did some sort of Lahey chant. The school is really going to miss the rapport he has with the kids, even if he goes over the top on occasion.
                    So I agree with changing the schedule every few years, but you have to protect your premier games.

I did hear about what Res Life did on campus, that's not easy for them -- take it from an old RA -- so high marks to them for that.

Agreed on the crowd, it continues to amaze me just how into the game the "Townie" crew is now. We used to need the student section to get the building going, now the other sections are just as into the game as the students are.

I didn't see Lahey down there while it was happening -- it's interesting, when I was at QU he was not very well-liked, it's cool how he's totally changed that. Even though I wasn't a huge fan of his, I can't ignore just how much he's done for the University, and I wish him nothing but the best in his retirement. He and Jack McDonald are the reasons QU hockey is where it is.

Comment

Was a great weekend for this team. Something to build on considering the past 2 weeks. Shortridge was great. If they continue to get great goaltending and if this teams starts to finish - they will be just fine.

Some thoughts on above comments.

Lahey is very well liked by the students. I would agree when I was at QC (yes, QC) - he had mixed reactions. I think what he has done to bring this school to national notoriety at an academic as well as athletic level, is appreciated. As an alum and parent of 2 students, I certainly appreciate what QU has grown into.

I was very angry when I saw this game was at the start of Thanksgiving break - but realized it was the ECAC not QU and it all made sense. The ECAC is clueless. Most of the students who stayed were upperclassmen living up top or off-campus. The entire Mt Carmel campus was cleared out according to my "inside" sources. Too bad that some of the younger students could not experience the environment this year.

Regarding the environment, this game never disappoints. My favorite point last night was the nice, sweet 70 year old(ish) lass who stood up pointing and yelling pleasantries at the refs with the 5 minute major. Everyone was into it.

Aldsworth - I have been a big fan since he started. I just think he has such offensive ability - speed, good hands, nice shot. Glad to see him healed up and back. They need his offensive production - hopefully he can be a consistent producer.

This team is still a work in progress. Got to get better play from a few guys who get a lot of ice time (yes, I am talking to you #5) - but as someone said - maybe they will build and finish strong this year instead of start hot and cool off.

Comment

In the Pipeline: 11/20/17 edition

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...7-edition.html

2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Tournament

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

Comment

I have not -- but I'm glad to see that. Good job by the league there.

Speaking of the league ... can we talk about how in the world they allow this game to be scheduled for the start of Thanksgiving break? That's a terrible job! QU-Yale is one of the biggest rivalries in the league along with RPI-Union, Clarkson-SLU, and Cornell-Harvard. Shouldn't you schedule those games for the most opportune times? I know scheduling is hard, but putting this game during Thanksgiving break is a massive blunder by the league, and I"m hoping QU officials are in contact with the ECAC office trying to make sure it doesn't happen again.
                          Remember that travel partners are responsible for scheduling the games between each other; the league does not assign that. The league will take various events into action, such as the huge rivalry between Harvard and Cornell that was mentioned. As for RPI/Union, that's more of for the non-league trophy matchup in January in the same building as the ECAC offices usually drawing about 7000 (especially after the coach fight), so they give those two teams the entire week off. Obviously they don't do the same for Harvard with the Beanpot, although there's a gentleman's agreement between most institutions, save Brown (who insisted the game be on the Saturday prior). Every member has different wants and needs, and it's tough to facilitate them all, so sometimes you have to give and take. I'm sure if your coach and/or AD were to present such a case to Hagwell and the powers that be, there might be something that could be done.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Remember that travel partners are responsible for scheduling the games between each other; the league does not assign that. The league will take various events into action, such as the huge rivalry between Harvard and Cornell that was mentioned. As for RPI/Union, that's more of for the non-league trophy matchup in January in the same building as the ECAC offices usually drawing about 7000 (especially after the coach fight), so they give those two teams the entire week off. Obviously they don't do the same for Harvard with the Beanpot, although there's a gentleman's agreement between most institutions, save Brown (who insisted the game be on the Saturday prior). Every member has different wants and needs, and it's tough to facilitate them all, so sometimes you have to give and take. I'm sure if your coach and/or AD were to present such a case to Hagwell and the powers that be, there might be something that could be done.
                            We shouldn't need to petition the league for the QU-Yale game -- and Yale shouldn't have to petition for their home game to be in a good weekend. The league should want to schedule those games on weekends when they'll have the biggest impact for the local communities involved.

I guess that's more my point, that the league needs to do better, and needs to know better than to schedule a QU-Yale game for the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Comment

Coming off a good weekend, a bit stiffer competition, and now a brutal stretch of 5 games in 9 days with lot of travel,

home/away weekend UMass (2X) this coming weekend
                              3 days later away at Princeton Tuesday
                              home/home weekend early December w/ Harvard + Dartmouth

All good teams, at least as good as Bobcats had been playing prior to this past weekend.

Good timing to begin building a team back up....!

Comment

Andrew Shortridge named ECAC goaltender of the week

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...oaltender.html

2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Tournament

NCAA Frozen Four
                                2013, 2016