Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

Originally posted by critsports View Post
    Why am I saying this here and telling you this???? One, keep your chin up.....it could get a lot worse. Two, I can't say this on our Facebook thread because I'd get thrown out of the group.
    At least you have 1 point. Still goose eggs in the cellar for us.

Too bad about the FB group Mike. People need to be able to take constructive criticism... everything can't and won't be rosy all the time.

Hang in there buddy. Looks like you have a tough road ahead. I think we can fix our problems pretty quick. If not, our road won't be any easier than yours.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      gracias!
      Cannot find link to this game...can you help?

Comment

• [QUOTE=MarkEagleUSA;6553365]At least you have 1 point. Still goose eggs in the cellar for us.

Too bad about the FB group Mike. People need to be able to take constructive criticism... everything can't and won't be rosy all the time.

Hang in there buddy. Looks like you have a tough road ahead. I think we can fix our problems pretty quick. If not, our road won't be any easier than yours.[/QUOTE

This team is lost...makes no sense...leadership is gone. Defense getting turned goalies playing with no confidence....was it Reid Cashman.. who replaced him and did we change goalie coach?

Comment

Bye bye Quinnipiac 2017-18 hockey season....after another sweep, we need to hear some discussion on this thread whether it is just a player problem.

Did we lose more than a very good assistant coach in Reid Cashman and did we also lose a very good recruiting coach in Reid Cashman? I am not terribly impressed with the way the program has gone since Cashman's departure and watched a slow decline occur, holding my breath until tonight.

These kids think this declining legacy will win games for them. This is a soft, coddled team and even the fans are soft and quiet.

Time to stand up and yell, we're not going to take this anymore....!!

Comment

That was as ugly as I've seen in a long time. We can only hope they hit rock bottom this weekend. Rand talked about confidence in the pre-game... it may be more than that. Whatever it is, they need to figure it out and get it corrected.

Next weekend looms large. No better time to right the ship than during the biggest home weekend of the season. 0-4 isn't the end of the world but it makes every single point critical going forward. To quote an old friend: "one shift, one period, one game".
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Quinnipiac struggles continue with 4-1 loss to Union

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...-with-4-1.html
              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
              https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                Bye bye Quinnipiac 2017-18 hockey season....after another sweep, we need to hear some discussion on this thread whether it is just a player problem.

Did we lose more than a very good assistant coach in Reid Cashman and did we also lose a very good recruiting coach in Reid Cashman? I am not terribly impressed with the way the program has gone since Cashman's departure and watched a slow decline occur, holding my breath until tonight.

These kids think this declining legacy will win games for them. This is a soft, coddled team and even the fans are soft and quiet.

You're kidding me, right?

First year watching college hockey?

They're 0-4. Big freakin' deal. This is college hockey, and realistically the only thing that matters is March when everyone makes the conference playoffs. There are 18 conference games left, and while we've put ourselves in a big hole, this team is way better than this, and they'll right the ship.

Four-game losing streaks look a lot worse early in the season because of the damage it does to your record, but this isn't fatal.

As for not taking this anymore ... Quinnipiac is one of the most successful D-1 college hockey teams OF THE LAST 20 YEARS. If this is a down year -- and that's a big, big, big if -- but if this is a down year, they've more than earned some leeway after winning at least 20 games in 16 of Rand's 23 seasons. Including each of the last six.

Basically, get lost with this. You don't know what you're talking about.
                Last edited by ZYanksRule; 11-12-2017, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks to QUAlum2004 for the write ups, always very good reads!

From an outsider's perspective, 2 major things seem to be missing from your team so far, compared to other years: discipline and team work.
                  Discipline, even with ecac refs on the ice, is an easy thing: stay calm, move your feet (not your stick) and shut your mouth when you're on the ice.
                  Team work was the biggest surprise for me. You clearly have lots of talented players, but how many times did we see one of them just skate right into 2 or 3 Union defensemen when another one of your guys is open a few feet away? A selfish team will go nowhere. I feel like this is just a slump in the road and probably caused by frustration. The season is still young, there is plenty of time for things to turn around.
                  Let's go Union !
                  ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                  ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                  NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Originally posted by UFan View Post
                    From an outsider's perspective, 2 major things seem to be missing from your team so far, compared to other years: discipline and team work.
                    Hammer... meet nail.

Discipline, even with ecac refs on the ice, is an easy thing: stay calm, move your feet (not your stick) and shut your mouth when you're on the ice.
                    Team work was the biggest surprise for me. You clearly have lots of talented players, but how many times did we see one of them just skate right into 2 or 3 Union defensemen when another one of your guys is open a few feet away? A selfish team will go nowhere. I feel like this is just a slump in the road and probably caused by frustration. The season is still young, there is plenty of time for things to turn around.
                    Frustration got the best of them last night, that was obvious. The team work, or lack thereof, is more troublesome (and probably adds to the frustration). Since opening day they've seemed to have trouble coming together on the ice with lots of free-lancing going on. This is a very talented group and they have all the tools needed to right the ship, but only they can get it done.

As I said, hopefully last night was rock bottom. Nowhere to go but up from here.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                      Basically, get lost with this. You don't know what you're talking about.
                      What he said!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                        Hammer... meet nail.

Frustration got the best of them last night, that was obvious. The team work, or lack thereof, is more troublesome (and probably adds to the frustration). Since opening day they've seemed to have trouble coming together on the ice with lots of free-lancing going on. This is a very talented group and they have all the tools needed to right the ship, but only they can get it done.

As I said, hopefully last night was rock bottom. Nowhere to go but up from here.
                        I sent you a PM

2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Tournament

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                          I sent you a PM
                          I don't think PM's work here... try the email link instead.
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                            I don't think PM's work here... try the email link instead.
                            I think I sent one via email

2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Tournament

NCAA Frozen Four
                            2013, 2016

Comment

Haha!!! You guys are learning what it's like to get bandwagon fans that know nothing about the game. In college hockey, it is very difficult to maintain a high level for extended periods. Success begats success for a certain period but then you see a decline because of players leaving early, recruits not seeing the potential to walk in and make an impact, etc. etc. With the exception of a couple of the big market teams that sell the exposure, none of the rest generally maintain long-term consistent success. As much as I don't like Pecknold, he's the right choice for QU and you just have to either live through a down month or maybe even a down year.
                              Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                              10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                              5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                              21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                              ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                              ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
                              12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
                              National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Not fair to call them bandwagon fans -- they root for their team and vaya con Dios. But it is true that all teams cycle and coming down after a protracted period of excellence feels like the sky is falling. "Privilege diminished feels like oppression."

Q will be fine even if they have to sit through a few tough seasons near the bottom. They have a couple systemic advantages on the rest of the conference: lower admissions requirements and an extremely aggressive administration commitment to building athletics as a marketing tool. Pecknold is an effective coach. The program seems to have some private money behind it. All of that adds up to a return to strength sooner rather than later. We're not talking about Brown or Dartmouth who are lucky to sniff Lake Placid one year out of five. Q will always have the capacity to be a .500+ program in the ECAC.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X