Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 472

Thread: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

  1. #441
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,270

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    That one stings almost as bad as the last one in 2013. Save for a couple of fluke ugly goals and a bunch of "dinks", we seemed to outplay our rivals for most of the night. The flury in the last 2 minutes was breathtaking and nerve racking. The effort was certainly there.

    Odeen Tufto is going to be a huge part of our future. He's got great hands, can skate circles around most everyone, and has real vision on the ice. Seems to know when to shoot and when to pass.

    One thing that stands out to me most was the play of Kevin Duane. At least 3 times last night he played selfish with the puck. With men open at the point he held the puck down low in the corner with a couple of zigs, and then he zagged and coughed up the puck. While Tucker was good, he gave up some big rebounds, so shots on net were a good thing. I just can't figure out why Duane does what he does in those situations. It would be one thing if he could muscle his way to the front of the net and pop off a shot, but he doesn't even come close. At one point, Rafferty was open up top and just about shattered his stick tapping it so hard trying to get Duane to pass to him.

    Besides losing to Yale (which bothers me more than almost anything in the world), not getting those 2 points might come back to haunt us. We need to hope we can take advantage at Meehan tonight and Princeton takes care of the Bulldogs.

    Your kidding right? Nothing will ever sting as much as the defeat in Pittsburgh. That was the National Championship that they gave away in my opinion as they clearly were the more talented team. 2016 not so much as North Dakota was better. Last night sucks because it hurts for home ice purposes but to put it up there with the National Championship loss doesn't make sense at all.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  2. #442
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    10,572

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Your kidding right? Nothing will ever sting as much as the defeat in Pittsburgh. That was the National Championship that they gave away in my opinion as they clearly were the more talented team. 2016 not so much as North Dakota was better. Last night sucks because it hurts for home ice purposes but to put it up there with the National Championship loss doesn't make sense at all.
    You noticed the word "almost" didn't you? It was said tongue-in-cheek. However, in my opinion, a loss to Yale is a loss to Yale, regardless of the venue.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

  3. #443
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    10,572

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

    Quote Originally Posted by QUFan View Post
    Questions for my rules experts. 1) 2 embellishment penalties tonight, one on each team and both part of coincidental minors. I admit my view for both was not good. But, If the referee is making the penalty call anyway, why the need for an embellishment call. Shouldnít an embellishment call be a stand alone call when a guy dives after legal contact?
    2) what constitutes a penalty shot? It looked like Jermain was taken down tonight on a breakaway in the act of shooting.
    Admittedly, My knowledge of the rules is not great and apparently my interpretation of them is worse. Thanks in advance for any educational guidance.
    No expert here, but the embellishment irks me as well. It's either a penalty, or it's embellishment. How can it be both? I've heard it's a discretionary call for the refs.

    For a penalty shot, I believe the attacking player must be clearly past the defender and in the act of shooting. Jermain was definitely in the act of shooting but I'm not sure he was totally by the guy. It was really close and I thought a penalty shot could have been called.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

  4. #444
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    No expert here, but the embellishment irks me as well. It's either a penalty, or it's embellishment. How can it be both? I've heard it's a discretionary call for the refs.

    For a penalty shot, I believe the attacking player must be clearly past the defender and in the act of shooting. Jermain was definitely in the act of shooting but I'm not sure he was totally by the guy. It was really close and I thought a penalty shot could have been called.
    Thanks

  5. #445
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,270

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    You noticed the word "almost" didn't you? It was said tongue-in-cheek. However, in my opinion, a loss to Yale is a loss to Yale, regardless of the venue.
    I would take 10 consecutive losses since 2013 if they could have that one loss back in Pittsburgh in 2013.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  6. #446
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    10,572

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    No expert here, but the embellishment irks me as well. It's either a penalty, or it's embellishment. How can it be both? I've heard it's a discretionary call for the refs.
    From the rule book:

    Rule 68 - Diving/Embellishment

    68.1 Diving/Embellishment - A player shall not attempt to draw a penalty through any exaggerated or deceitful action. A diving penalty is a standalone penalty.
    PENALTYóMinor for diving.

    A player who has been fouled shall not exaggerate the impact of the foul. An embellishment penalty is called in conjunction with an opponentís penalty.
    PENALTYóMinor for embellishment.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

  7. #447
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    10,572

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    I would take 10 consecutive losses since 2013 if they could have that one loss back in Pittsburgh in 2013.
    I never want a loss...
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

  8. #448
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,270

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  9. #449
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,188

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    No expert here, but the embellishment irks me as well. It's either a penalty, or it's embellishment. How can it be both? I've heard it's a discretionary call for the refs.

    For a penalty shot, I believe the attacking player must be clearly past the defender and in the act of shooting. Jermain was definitely in the act of shooting but I'm not sure he was totally by the guy. It was really close and I thought a penalty shot could have been called.
    From watching the replay, the penalty took place causing the player to stumble, two steps later he flopped to the ice like he was shot. I guess they were making a point.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

  10. #450
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,188
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

  11. #451
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    10,572

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

    I realize it was Brown but a good win nonetheless. We need every point we can get.

    Nice to see Joe O'Connor net his first especially after he hit the crossbar last night. Also good to see Fortunato have a great weekend. While I still think he's too timid with the puck maybe scoring twice this weekend will allow him to put more rubber on net. Even Kevin Duane played a better game tonight.

    Last home weekend of the regular season upcoming. Where did the season go? Hopefully they get into position to extend by at least a couple of more.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

  12. #452
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,270

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  13. #453
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2
    Hello gang....long time reader/folllower of Q forum on this board
    First time poster...i was at Yale game standing right in front of yale goal in 3rd period....BOTH penalties should have been penalty shots IMO. Germaine and McMaster were beyond last defender 1v1 with goaltender.

    Anyway much bigger topic.....what in the world could Aldworth have done to get dismissed ??? I know he doesnít back check with enthusiasm and has never blocked a shot....BUT he was your most talented offensive player
    Makes ZERO sense to dismiss him....another thing how do you go to two NCAA finals in last 5 years with completely different rosters and NOT land top 2 tier players???!!!! I know top 1 tier recruits are going to MN, ND, BC and BU but Q recruiters are not doing a good job
    Being ranked several times #1 in the coaches poll over the years for an extended period doesnít draw interest???? I donít get it...we need new recruiters...NO excuse for not landing top end talent
    All these forwards coming in and only Oden gets time??
    We sure could use these other freshman without Aldwortth, Smith,
    and now Mick. Donít know how the program dropped in talent so fast it seems overnight. Anyway just needed to vent after Yale loss
    We dominated game, played an entertaining style, looked explosive...but we lack snipers.
    Last edited by ICECAT1811; 02-12-2018 at 03:04 PM.

  14. #454
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,270

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

    Quote Originally Posted by ICECAT1811 View Post
    Hello gang....long time reader/folllower of Q forum on this board
    First time poster...i was at Yale game standing right in front of yale goal in 3rd period....BOTH penalties should have been penalty shots IMO. Germaine and McMaster were beyond last defender 1v1 with goaltender.

    Anyway much bigger topic.....what in the world could Aldworth have done to get dismissed ??? I know he doesnít back check with enthusiasm and has never blocked a shot....BUT he was your most talented offensive player
    Makes ZERO sense to dismiss him....another thing how do you go to two NCAA finals in last 5 years with completely different rosters and NOT land top 2 tier players???!!!! I know top 1 tier recruits are going to MN, ND, BC and BU but Q recruiters are not doing a good job

    Being ranked several times #1 in the coaches poll over the years for an extended period doesnít draw interest???? I donít get it...we need new recruiters...NO excuse for not landing top end talent
    All these forwards coming in and only Oden gets time??
    We sure could use these other freshman without Aldwortth, Smith,
    and now Mick. Donít know how the program dropped in talent so fast it seems overnight. Anyway just needed to vent after Yale loss
    We dominated game, played an entertaining style, looked explosive...but we lack snipers.
    You don't know anything if you think he is the Bobcats best offensive player. Odeen Tufto is by far a better player than Aldworth will ever be. And it made plenty of sense to dismiss him for what he did.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  15. #455
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,270

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  16. #456
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    10,572

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    And it made plenty of sense to dismiss him for what he did.
    Us mortals will likely never know the reason...
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

  17. #457
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    You don't know anything if you think he is the Bobcats best offensive player. Odeen Tufto is by far a better player than Aldworth will ever be. And it made plenty of sense to dismiss him for what he did.
    Lol....I donít know anything...lol OK little boy...did you play college hockey? Do you coach High school hockey? Lol Watch your tone scrub...Iíve forgotten more about Hockey than you know....I bet you canít even stand up on skates..Aldworth had the most talent of ANYo of their forwards....Speed and 1v1 ability

  18. #458
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,270

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

    Quote Originally Posted by ICECAT1811 View Post
    Lol....I donít know anything...lol OK little boy...did you play college hockey? Do you coach High school hockey? Lol Watch your tone scrub...Iíve forgotten more about Hockey than you know....I bet you canít even stand up on skates..Aldworth had the most talent of ANYo of their forwards....Speed and 1v1 ability
    He has speed yes but he didn't play hard at all. You see him flash one game and you wouldn't even hear from him the next 5. I only scout hockey in the Northeast for a reputable scouting service thank you very much.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  19. #459
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,270

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

    Scouting the Enemy: Union Dutchmen

    http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...-dutchmen.html
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  20. #460
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    112 @ The Bank
    Posts
    201

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

    Quote Originally Posted by ICECAT1811 View Post
    Lol....I donít know anything...lol OK little boy...did you play college hockey? Do you coach High school hockey? Lol Watch your tone scrub...Iíve forgotten more about Hockey than you know....I bet you canít even stand up on skates..Aldworth had the most talent of ANYo of their forwards....Speed and 1v1 ability
    i once stood on skates but i cut my foot. you sure seem like a swell person - would love to hear more from you on this forum

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 6 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •