Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Not fair to call them bandwagon fans -- they root for their team and vaya con Dios. But it is true that all teams cycle and coming down after a protracted period of excellence feels like the sky is falling. "Privilege diminished feels like oppression."

Q will be fine even if they have to sit through a few tough seasons near the bottom. They have a couple systemic advantages on the rest of the conference: lower admissions requirements and an extremely aggressive administration commitment to building athletics as a marketing tool. Pecknold is an effective coach. The program seems to have some private money behind it. All of that adds up to a return to strength sooner rather than later. We're not talking about Brown or Dartmouth who are lucky to sniff Lake Placid one year out of five. Q will always have the capacity to be a .500+ program in the ECAC.
    I agree with you, but I would also say there's no indication QU is about to sit through a few tough seasons near the bottom of the league. They're on a four-game losing streak to start the conference season, that's all. We finished 5th in the league last season, and if memory serves the Bobcats were picked fairly high in the preseason polls this year.

By the way, the last time QU had a four-game losing streak was early in the 2010-2011 season -- it's been seven years since we lost four games in a row.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
      I agree with you, but I would also say there's no indication QU is about to sit through a few tough seasons near the bottom of the league. They're on a four-game losing streak to start the conference season, that's all. We finished 5th in the league last season, and if memory serves the Bobcats were picked fairly high in the preseason polls this year.

By the way, the last time QU had a four-game losing streak was early in the 2010-2011 season -- it's been seven years since we lost four games in a row.

Q has one of the strongest programs in the east. Pecknold has consistently delivered players and results. All teams go thru a rough patch. Maybe they were to focused on beginning 5 games vs HE.
      Confidence and working together...I agree with comments about passing. Coaches will figure it out..have faith

Comment

I agree with you guys this team has a lot of talent and that is what has made the last few games so hard to watch. I hope they can pull it together sooner rather than later. The one thing above all else just beat Yale next weekend.

Comment

Quinny fans relax! You will be fine this season, even if it's not what you've come to expect.

Quinny has some very good recruiting classes lined up - Top 2 or 3 in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post
            Quinny fans relax! You will be fine this season, even if it's not what you've come to expect.

Quinny has some very good recruiting classes lined up - Top 2 or 3 in the league.
            I think they are still feeling the effects of the early departure of Anas and Toews. They would have been good mentors and leaders of last year’s team. I know we all question if Cashman’s departure is part of it. I’d also wonder if Hilbrich’s graduation also had an impact with practice, and in the locker room. These guys need to build a culture and character, I think they will. Hopefully by Friday .

Comment

In the Pipeline: 11/13/17 edition

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...7-edition.html
              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
              https://***********/QHockeyBlog
              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                I know we all question if Cashman’s departure is part of it.
                Sure it had an impact, but it's time to move on. Reid brought many things to this team, especially off the ice. He was a mentor who had been part of the culture (some might say he was one of the starters of that culture as a player). But, as the cliché goes, all good things come to an end. To use his departure for the current woes is nothing more than an excuse. Put the big boy pants on and move forward.

As was stated earlier, team work and discipline are what's lacking today. They will find it eventually.

Hopefully by Friday .
                That would be nice!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Pretty quiet in this building for Yale Week.

By the way, there are rumors of a possible Z sighting at The Bank on Saturday. Those rumors can not be confirmed by independent sources, other than to say Mark better be careful with the flag.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                    Pretty quiet in this building for Yale Week.
                    Not a whole bunch to talk about...

By the way, there are rumors of a possible Z sighting at The Bank on Saturday. Those rumors can not be confirmed by independent sources, other than to say Mark better be careful with the flag.
                    The flag stops for no one... Z better stay out of the way!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

Scouting the Enemy: Brown Bears

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...own-bears.html
                      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Big Z Yank, when I said "someone needs to stand up and say we're not going to take it", I did not mean us, the fans, I meant in the locker room. I was just following the thread that leadership is not yet shown on the ice. I have been a fan of Quinnipiac hockey for so long, that I was the only car parked in the then named "Corel Center" in Ottawa with "Quinnipiac" decal on the back window. I follow a few ECAC & Hockey East teams but Big10 also coming up nicely, too. Hope Quinnipiac has great finish this month and into December of course, then hope for nice run into year end and next year. New season is only few wins away.....good points on "one shift, one period, one game", and you get into ECAC s underdog, I would not want to face an emerging team like this in post season like Clarkson last year. P.S. I am still reeling from hit Luke Esposito put on Sam Anas few years back...took the wind out of the season for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                          Not a whole bunch to talk about...

The flag stops for no one... Z better stay out of the way!
                          Can't wait!

Comment

Huge game tonight. No looking ahead to tomorrow. Take care of today's business. Put in a complete effort, don't let up, and play smart. The skill is there. Time to show the heart and soul of this team.

Go Q!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

#BeatYale
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

I will definitely take the 5-0 victory and the much needed 2 points, but there's still work to do. They were much better tonight with net front presence. Lots of 2nd and 3rd looks with a few that went in. Landon Smith was on fire and I thought McMaster was solid. Shortie played his best game thus far and deserved the shutout. As a whole they played much better than last weekend (it couldn't get any worse) but still a little too loose out there. They played with heart which is exactly what they needed to do. Continue doing the little things and they'll get the results.

Now they can turn their attention to tomorrow and take it to Yale in defense of the Heroes Hat.

Go Q! #BeatYale
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X