Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017-18: Chase the dream...

Interesting weekend ahead. As close to a "must win" as you'll see this early in a season. Hopefully being on the road helps them concentrate on the games. Gotta get it done somehow before the hole gets any deeper.

Go Q!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

ECAC last place team, still in the USCHO D1 Top 20....do not get that, other than lot of excuses, but there is something going on with this year's team that does not fit the norm these past few years.

Comment

This is a last place team, gone from the Top 20 no matter what happens this weekend going forward. The most Quinnipiac team in years!!

Comment

WOW...This Quinnipiac team must like losing, they don't appear upset or angry....

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
            WOW...This Quinnipiac team must like losing, they don't appear upset or angry....
            I'm sure they love it.

There's a problem for sure. After the first 5-10 minutes tonight they went 180° from where they started. They let RPI hang around after that and it cost them big time. The only good to come out of tonight was the PK. If only they could have converted one of those short-handed bids...

Nothing can be done except regroup and try to take out their frustrations at Union tomorrow.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Quinnipiac coughs up 2 goal lead, falls 5-3 to RPI

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...ead-falls.html
              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
              https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

That was tough to watch tonight. First 10 minutes were great, then they reverted to what they've been doing all season. Really disappointing loss. Glad to see Landon get on the scoresheet tonight, but again I continue to wonder where the secondary scoring is going to come from.

We got a ton of shots on, but I'd love to see the chart -- it felt like most of them were from the outside. The entire last two periods there weren't a lot of dangerous opportunities.

Also: It's not the reason we lost, but ... whoo boy, those refs. Whoo boy. What a disaster ECAC refereeing continues to be. It's almost comforting to see how nothing changes.

Comment

Scouting the Enemy: Union Dutchmen

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...-dutchmen.html

2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Tournament

NCAA Frozen Four
                  2013, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                    That was tough to watch tonight. First 10 minutes were great, then they reverted to what they've been doing all season. Really disappointing loss. Glad to see Landon get on the scoresheet tonight, but again I continue to wonder where the secondary scoring is going to come from.

We got a ton of shots on, but I'd love to see the chart -- it felt like most of them were from the outside. The entire last two periods there weren't a lot of dangerous opportunities.

Also: It's not the reason we lost, but ... whoo boy, those refs. Whoo boy. What a disaster ECAC refereeing continues to be. It's almost comforting to see how nothing changes.

Every one of those penalties Quinnipiac took in the 2nd and 3rd period was a legit call. They were dumb selfish penalties on Quinnipiac which they had no business committing since they were of the undisciplined kind.

2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Tournament

NCAA Frozen Four
                    2013, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post

It seems the names keep changing for ECAC refs but the officiating seems to be consistently bad. Carissimo is an engineer and Allen played against you guys when he played at Canisius. Maybe the fix was in.
                      Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                      10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                      5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                      21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                      ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                      ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
                      12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
                      National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                        It seems the names keep changing for ECAC refs but the officiating seems to be consistently bad. Carissimo is an engineer and Allen played against you guys when he played at Canisius. Maybe the fix was in.
                        Considering the disparagement of penalties in the first, and let's not forget which was the only team to score on the power play, I'd say it was based on the flow of the game. The penalties on both sides were legit.

Comment

The calls made seemed legit. I thought a couple of times that RPI got away with interference but at the end of the night that wasn't the reason we lost. The undisciplined play over the last 3 games is what has cost them. Looking for excuses will not help what ails this team. The only cure will be a complete 60-minute effort.

I still believe they have what it takes. Character goes a long way in this game. If the guys choose to step up anything is possible. They need to figure out how to get some points, and fast. Last night was a game they should have won. Tonight is a game they must win. Somehow... get it done.

Go Q!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                            The calls made seemed legit. I thought a couple of times that RPI got away with interference but at the end of the night that wasn't the reason we lost. The undisciplined play over the last 3 games is what has cost them. Looking for excuses will not help what ails this team. The only cure will be a complete 60-minute effort.

I still believe they have what it takes. Character goes a long way in this game. If the guys choose to step up anything is possible. They need to figure out how to get some points, and fast. Last night was a game they should have won. Tonight is a game they must win. Somehow... get it done.

Go Q!
                            I agree....some dumb penalties last night. Some looked like weak calls. ECAC is much tighter this year. This team has shown they can get it done. Will need to step up tonight. A good goalie can make a coach look really smart. Jumble the lines and D pairing...see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                              [/B]

Every one of those penalties Quinnipiac took in the 2nd and 3rd period was a legit call. They were dumb selfish penalties on Quinnipiac which they had no business committing since they were of the undisciplined kind.
                              Don't think I agree with that, but I won't belabor the point. I do think a couple of the calls on RPI were awful, and a few of the non-calls were questionable too. Especially considering how low the standard seemed to be at times.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post

Go Q!
                                Just play us........that will get you some points and quickly. We started out the weekend Number 1 in the Country in Penalties per game and last in goals allowed per game. We made progress. We lost to Ylae 6-1 and somehow improved to 3rd worst in penalties and somehow Sacred Heart slipped below us in GAA. Normally you'd hate playing against us because Hayton, a second team all America goalie has your number. But oh, wait! Hayton's not here anymore, he transferred to Wisconsin. He didn't like our coach so he went to summer school to be able to graduate and transfer as a graduate student.

We have so many injuries and so little depth we dressed three forward lines with one extra forward and two players left the game last night with injuries. Hopefully not serious but we'll find out. We have a coach I now hate more than yours. How the hell did that happen?? I didn't think that was possible. We're 1-9-1 and likely 1-10-1 after visiting Brown tonight. How do we have such little depth?? Oh wait, our coach pulled scholarships over the summer from 3-4 players (they weren't good enough) and they left the school. Guess we could use those players now if nothing more than to fill out a line up card.

We played last night a half hour from where I live and I didn't go to the game for the first time since 1999. Guess I'm a fair weather fan. On our Facebook thread a alumnus said our coach came in to the reception before the game and all he talked about was signing up for the SLU golf outing in June. That's it his wife said???? Guess that's what were down to, look forward to the off season fund raising golf tournament. Nothing on the team, the season, some hope for new recruits........way to sell the program coach!!

Why am I saying this here and telling you this???? One, keep your chin up.....it could get a lot worse. Two, I can't say this on our Facebook thread because I'd get thrown out of the group.
                                SLU

Comment

Working...
                                X