RPI @ tOSU, 10/13/17 & 10/14/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI @ tOSU, 10/13/17 & 10/14/17

I guess our record wasn't as good as I thought; 2-6 including a playoff series, with one win in OT and the other also by one goal (a penalty shot), and only two losses were shutouts, one being 0-1. But he's not infallible.

Hopefully y'all can either split or sweep Wisconsin; the more butt you kick in your league, the better we both look should rankings come into play.

Comment

Does anyone know if there will be video for these two games?
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        Does anyone know if there will be video for these two games?
        Doesn't the Big Ten have an online streaming service?
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
          Doesn't the Big Ten have an online streaming service?
          The big ten has there own tv network, but I don't know about a streaming service.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          Gary Player

Comment

The big ten has there own tv network, but I don't know about a streaming service.

found it.https://www.reddit.com/r/collegehock...6v&sh=8ae66481
            Benjamin Franklin
            Gary Player

Comment

Streaming service is BTN2GO. However, it looks like this time it's PPV. As if they don't already get enough money... https://www.btn2go.com/schedule?day=2017-10-13

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                Yes, thanks That's an important point Flaggie. You can get in his head especially if opponents are buzzing the net and " introducing themselves and welcoming him to the Midwest. ��
                And it looks like they did just that; Wisconsin 2 - 3 tOSU.

Comment

I see that Saturday's game is scheduled for a 4:05 start. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's been scheduled that way so that fans can come to the hockey game and still get home in time to watch the Buckeyes - Cornhuskers football game on TV, which will start at 7:30.

I know that Penn State routinely prints tickets for its home football games with the date and name of the opponent, but no start time, because it is understood that they will start the game whenever the TV network that's televising it tells them they want it to start.

Does the same sort of thing happen with Ohio State's football team? If so, does the hockey team also have to operate with indefinite starting times, waiting until after they know when the football game is going to start and then scheduling the hockey game so that it won't conflict too much with the football fans' plans?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                    I see that Saturday's game is scheduled for a 4:05 start. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's been scheduled that way so that fans can come to the hockey game and still get home in time to watch the Buckeyes - Cornhuskers football game on TV, which will start at 7:30.

I know that Penn State routinely prints tickets for its home football games with the date and name of the opponent, but no start time, because it is understood that they will start the game whenever the TV network that's televising it tells them they want it to start.

Does the same sort of thing happen with Ohio State's football team? If so, does the hockey team also have to operate with indefinite starting times, waiting until after they know when the football game is going to start and then scheduling the hockey game so that it won't conflict too much with the football fans' plans?
                    For the first few years the Big Roll-a-D20 started sponsoring hockey, there were indefinite dates for games because squeakball had to take precedence for scheduling, and they announce schedules later, I assume for dramatic effect.

Comment

What can we expect to see from RPI?

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                        About the same as you saw from our women's team a couple of weeks ago.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          About the same as you saw from our women's team a couple of weeks ago.
                          We're sending our women's team to this?

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                            Short story: First year coach and OSU alum Dave Smith (formerly at Canisius) working on instituting his systems and style of play (uptempo). Plenty of question marks up front - scoring by committee as youngsters develop. D corps is solid with many returners. Goaltending also solid - returnee Chase Perry and big talented freshman Linden Marshall ( you might see them both).
                            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 10-10-2017, 11:14 AM.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                            X