Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    They give a crap; they just don't have as much disposable income as Nodaks.
    Thankfully they don't live in a god forsaken flatland with only one thing to do, so they have other stuff they can spend money on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonin21 View Post
    Thankfully they don't live in a god forsaken flatland with only one thing to do, so they have other stuff they can spend money on.
    And are relevant enough for a TV deal. How these games aren't televised nationally is a travesty. UND owns the rights. Guess the product isn't appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    And are relevant enough for a TV deal. How these games aren't televised nationally is a travesty. UND owns the rights. Guess the product isn't appealing.
    If they were playing someone relevant like say Denver then I'm sure it would be on nationally.

Rosemaling clubs.

UND doesnít own the rights. Midco has the broadcast rights for home games. Iíve never been a fan of Midco as they always think small. They donít want it nationally because subscribers of local cable competitors would have access then. Pretty ridiculous.

PS College hockey in general isnít appealing nationally.

I wonder what kind of viewership this series would get on NHL Network. I think hockey fans tune in to the channel enough that some commercials with the classic moments and discussion during NHL Tonight would definitely get some neutral fans to tune in. I don't watch ESPN at all, so I would never see commercials despite that being a huge network. But I tune into random CHL games when they're on NHLN.

Legend in everybodys mind

Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    Say what? Got them from a friend who isn't out to make a buck. The rivalry is as strong as ever and Friday and Saturday will prove that. Your post made no sense whatsoever
    The rivalry is dead. Gopher fans have moved on.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!
    Blogs.
    https://twitter.com/hammyhockey
    http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/
    http://twitter.com/CHeisenberg]
    http://www.gopherpucklive.com/
    My website

Quote Originally Posted by 4four4 View Post
    Moved onto Penn St where they produced 2000 fans for a game eh. Doh-Kay

That why you are here posting on a UND thread?

Boom!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
    UND doesnít own the rights. Midco has the broadcast rights for home games. Iíve never been a fan of Midco as they always think small. They donít want it nationally because subscribers of local cable competitors would have access then. Pretty ridiculous.

PS College hockey in general isnít appealing nationally.
    I asked the NCHC. UND owns the rights. UND signed a crappy TV deal with Midco. No use getting defensive about it. It's a crap TV deal. The fact these games aren't on national TV is outrageous.

I wonder what kind of viewership this series would get on NHL Network. I think hockey fans tune in to the channel enough that some commercials with the classic moments and discussion during NHL Tonight would definitely get some neutral fans to tune in. I don't watch ESPN at all, so I would never see commercials despite that being a huge network. But I tune into random CHL games when they're on NHLN.
    Gophers at Notre Dame outdrew many NHL games a few years back. No doubt this series would far outdraw that. It's crazy stupid on so many levels that these games aren't nationally televised.

I asked the NCHC. UND owns the rights. UND signed a crappy TV deal with Midco. No use getting defensive about it. It's a crap TV deal. The fact these games aren't on national TV is outrageous.
    Nothing to be defensive about. Just pointing out that Midco purchased the broadcast rights. UND has no part in the decision making in whether it is nationally televised or not.

It is a crap deal but UND isnít going to get a FS or a NBCSN deal. They are stuck with Midco.

Perfect series to showcase the sport especially with the crazed atmosphere that will be at the Ralph. Stupid at so many levels.

Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    Perfect series to showcase the sport especially with the crazed atmosphere that will be at the Ralph. Stupid at so many levels.
    Yup. I agree. UND deserves better. Whomever negotiated that deal is an idiot. Hopefully they renegotiate when the deal is up. They used to have all of the games on FCS. That was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
    Nothing to be defensive about. Just pointing out that Midco purchased the broadcast rights. UND has no part in the decision making in whether it is nationally televised or not.

It is a crap deal but UND isnít going to get a FS or a NBCSN deal. They are stuck with Midco.
    Sorry, I didn't mean you specifically. Sorry if I gave that impression. UND, and this rivalry, deserves much better. And I am not saying the BTN is without any faults. Cutting out of games to go to basketball interviews is equally insane. I just want to see these programs, this rivalry, and college hockey, get the exposure they deserve.

Sorry, I didn't mean you specifically. Sorry if I gave that impression. UND, and this rivalry, deserves much better. And I am not saying the BTN is without any faults. Cutting out of games to go to basketball interviews is equally insane. I just want to see these programs, this rivalry, and college hockey, get the exposure they deserve.
    All good and I agree. I hope UND negotiates a better deal when this current one expires.

Legend in everybodys mind

I never said me.

Five years ago we would have been on comment 1,200 in the pre game threads we created. Today, crickets.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!
    Blogs.
    https://twitter.com/hammyhockey
    http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/
    http://twitter.com/CHeisenberg]
    http://www.gopherpucklive.com/
    My website

I never said me.

Five years ago we would have been on comment 1,200 in the pre game threads we created. Today, crickets.
    we are all getting older, and the new UND and UM students don't do forums.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by MN Pond Hockey View Post
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Thread Information