UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    They need to sweep Omaha and then win 1 of 2 in St. Paul. That should be enough to get in the NCAA Tournament. I don't necessarily like their chances to do that, but better odds to do that at home in the first round than on the road.
    That should be more than enough I would guess. I know they blew leads both nights against St Cloud but all in all taking the number 1 team in the nation to overtime both nights has to give the boys a shot of confidence going into the playoffs. What is concerning is how they have a hard time keeping leads this season
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Recap and photos are below.

https://seamoresports.com/2018/03/04...ree-ot-winner/

Photos from last night as well from Kelsey Lee of Violent Turtle Photography (free to use with crediting Kelsey Lee of Violent Turtle Photography)

https://goo.gl/9eDHb4

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
        That should be more than enough I would guess. I know they blew leads both nights against St Cloud but all in all taking the number 1 team in the nation to overtime both nights has to give the boys a shot of confidence going into the playoffs. What is concerning is how they have a hard time keeping leads this season
        It would be close. If they sweep UNO, they likely move up to 14th, but I don't believe they will jump Minnesota. If they split in St. Paul, that might be enough to push them past the Gophers for the 13th position depending on who they beat (and obviously, highly dependent on results elsewhere). At that point, it would depend on who wins conference tournaments. Sitting at 13th, they could only afford 3 below-the-bubble winners. The NCHC and the B1G will likely have above-the-bubble winners. However, Atlantic Hockey won't, and the WCHA, Hockey East, and ECAC have a combined 5 teams above-the-bubble, so there are decent chances that those conferences will take up a 1-3 more spots.

Ultimately, this team must make it to St. Paul to have a shot. If they play with the effort and intensity from this past weekend, there is no reason why they can't sweep the Mavs...unless they hit a half-dozen posts each game again. My main concern though is that this year's squad has played to the level of its competition and has struggled with consistency from game to game. I have my doubts, but obviously will cheer the boys on so long as there is a game to play.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Yeah, it seems like maybe 13 is the high water point for us after this weekend, even if everything broke right. But even then we wouldn't be ahead of Minnesota.

In an ideal world, Mankato wins the WCHA with the NMU and Bowling Green series going 3 games this weekend, Northeastern wins the Hockey East championship with Providence, BU and BC all losing this weekend, Clarkson and Cornell meet for the ECAC championship, and Notre Dame and OSU win in the B1G. Would then be in pretty good shape if we can make St. Paul, although might still need one win or a tie, which we are particularly good at this year.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Pray this is not career ending
            https://www.rds.ca/videos/hockey/lnh...ment-3.1265953
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/c...l-into-boards/

Couple statements in there that said "not career threatening." So that is good news. Probably shut down for the rest of the year though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSUBlackandRed View Post
                https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/c...l-into-boards/

Couple statements in there that said "not career threatening." So that is good news. Probably shut down for the rest of the year though.
                Done for the year
                http://www.tsn.ca/boeser-s-rookie-season-likely-over-due-to-soft-tissue-injury-small-fracture-1.1019266
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Fit to be tied

Saturday's tie was UND's 13th overtime
                  game of the season, topping the school
                  record of 12 set in 2000-01. The NCAA record
                  for most overtime games in a season is 19, set
                  by Colgate in 2008-09.

UND is 1-2-10 in extra time this season.
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Fit to be tied

Saturday's tie was UND's 13th overtime
                    game of the season, topping the school
                    record of 12 set in 2000-01. The NCAA record
                    for most overtime games in a season is 19, set
                    by Colgate in 2008-09.

UND is 1-2-10 in extra time this season.
                    I saw Brad's post on this, so I went back and looked at that 2008-09 Colgate schedule. They only had four OT games before Christmas that year, but 15 after Christmas, including their final seven games.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Dang where has that team been? Fun to watch a dominating win because they have been few and far between this season. No room to relax. Need to get it tomorrow and go into the X feeling real good about themselves
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Great start to the weekend... time to bury the cows tomorrow and put them out of their misery.

Comment

Classic snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. What happens next weekend? How about just for grins win it all?
                          Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                            Classic snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. What happens next weekend? How about just for grins win it all?
                            It was a nice weekend of hockey...first sweep in some time. I just wish the players hadn't given up on Berry.

That being said, this squad is capable of winning some hardware...but they just have such razor thin margins. Here's to hoping they get a horseshoe stuck up their rear, ala Yale 2013, and ride it all the way to an NCHC Title and #9.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              It was a nice weekend of hockey...first sweep in some time. I just wish the players hadn't given up on Berry.

That being said, this squad is capable of winning some hardware...but they just have such razor thin margins. Here's to hoping they get a horseshoe stuck up their rear, ala Yale 2013, and ride it all the way to an NCHC Title and #9.
                              Ya never know. That’s why they play the game. Looking forward to being at the X next weekend.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Blondie's new screen-saver (from Herald headline):

*******http://www.grandforksherald.com/site...qtiIHg********

Comment

Working...
                                X