UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Pretty sure he is playing in Europe - KHL maybe?
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Interesting picture that USCHO has today. Hak is chuckling somewhere.

Comment

• Anyone excited for this weekend? UMD has won six games in a row.
        Here are a few thoughts to ponder.
        Last edited by Goon; 01-18-2018, 02:23 PM.
        Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
        Eric's Twitter
        The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

It looks a little scary. Gardner out, Duluth on a roll, UND inconsistent. A split would work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
            It looks a little scary. Gardner out, Duluth on a roll, UND inconsistent. A split would work.
            Yep. I’d take a split also. Of course I’d love a sweep.
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Never have I ever seen Duluth dive as much as they have this game.... Guess that's the new way college hockey is

Comment

Starting to look like a team that’s going to struggle to make the tourney.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  It sure does. They have 11 games left in the season before NCHC playoffs. I don't see them winning more than 5. That won't get them in the tournament, and winning the NCHC playoff doesn't look likely.

Comment

How many BS calls did you all count so far on both sides? Can't even call it hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                      How many BS calls did you all count so far on both sides? Can't even call it hockey.
                      Refs were horrible on both sides. That hooking call on Poganski was brain damage. This team just doesn't have the talent we are used to seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                        Refs were horrible on both sides. That hooking call on Poganski was brain damage. This team just doesn't have the talent we are used to seeing.
                        Yeah, there is something off about the team right now. I think they have the talent, but they are lacking a true finisher at the moment. Too many cutesy passes for my liking, and there are a lot of instances where we pass when we should shoot, or we shoot when the lane just isn't there.

Hopefully they can get some things figured out over the off weekend. If they don't, North Dakota probably won't be playing a lot of hockey in March.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          We have doubted them in the past with their slow starts under Hakstol but with those teams they were clicking by now. This team is totally opposite of that. Nothing will surprise me at this point. They can look like title contenders then they can look like bottom feeders. Frustrating season to this point.
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Current take on the NCAA Brackets

Allentown, PA
                            1-Notre Dame vs. 31-Canisius
                            8-WMU vs. Minnesota

Bridgeport, CT
                            2-Cornell vs. 14-UNO
                            7-Ohio St. vs. 11-UMD

Sioux Falls, SD
                            3-SCSU vs. 17-Boston College
                            6-Mankato vs. 12-UND

Worcester, MA
                            4-Clarkson vs. 13-Northeastern
                            5-Denver vs. 10-Providence

last 4 out
                            15-Michigan
                            16-Penn St.
                            18-Harvard
                            19-Northern Michigan
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                              We have doubted them in the past with their slow starts under Hakstol but with those teams they were clicking by now. This team is totally opposite of that. Nothing will surprise me at this point. They can look like title contenders then they can look like bottom feeders. Frustrating season to this point.
                              It seemed like in the Hakstol years that by the time we hit late January the lines were set. Even when injuries happened, the lines remained pretty constant. If the number 1 center was scratched with an injury, rather than just shuffling centers around and disrupting all the lines, the replacement player was slotted in on that first line and the other three were left intact.

I'll be honest, I'm having trouble identifying a single line that has played with any continuity for any period of time.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Hoff to play for Norway in Olympics
                                http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...s-olympic-team
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X