UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    It happened more than once. You've probably only been following the program though for the last couple years though, so you probably don't remember.
    Oh changing up from insulting to saying I'm not a real fan, nice! You must be finally realizing that I'm right but can't work up the courage to say it. It's ok I understand 😉

Comment

• Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Rueger plays because his dad is the D-coach, Simonson plays cause his parents must have paid a **** load of money. That's enough proof there that Berry is a bad coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
        Also I'd love for you to elaborate on the several curb stompings because its a complete lie.
        2005: 4-1 Loss to Denver
        2006: Get our doors blown off in the first twenty minutes against BC before "rallying" for a one-goal loss.
        2008: 6-1 Loss to BC
        2012: 5-2 Loss to Minnesota
        2013: 4-1 Loss to Yale

I get it though. You weren't following the program for those losses, so you don't remember them like some of us do.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Rueger plays because his dad is the D-coach.
          There is no Rueger on the team.

I'm assuming you mean Rieger...whose dad is not a coach on the team.

Try again.
          North Dakota

Comment

2005: 4-1 Loss to Denver
            2006: Get our doors blown off in the first twenty minutes against BC before "rallying" for a one-goal loss.
            2008: 6-1 Loss to BC
            2012: 5-2 Loss to Minnesota
            2013: 4-1 Loss to Yale

I get it though. You weren't following the program for those losses, so you don't remember them like some of us do.
            You leave out when In the tournament these are, first rounds? No. then this argument doesn't work and I love how you throw a one goal loss in there, trying hard to pad those arguments and even with that one goal lose that's 6
            Last edited by Sioux-perDrunk; 03-16-2018, 07:51 PM.

Comment

There is no Rueger on the team.

I'm assuming you mean Rieger...whose dad is not a coach on the team.

Try again.
              Oh my bad I meant Shaw and my phone autocorrected Rieger's name, glad to see your trying the gammar police thing now! I wonder what's next
              Last edited by Sioux-perDrunk; 03-16-2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

You leave out when In the tournament these are, first rounds? No. then this argument doesn't work and I love how you throw a one goal lose in there, trying hard to pad those agreements and even with that one goal lose that's 6
                Sorry...I keep forgetting that you weren't following the program at those times.

2 were in the Regionals, 3 were in the Frozen Four...and in 4 of the 5 North Dakota was the higher seed.

So yeah...5 curb-stompings. Don't you just miss Hak?
                North Dakota

Comment

Oh my bad I meant Shaw and my phone autocorrected Rieger's name, glad to see your trying the gammar police thing now! I wonder what's next
                  I wasn't trying the "grammar police thing." Just given your lack of familiarity with the program, I figured you didn't know what you were even talking about...as usual.
                  North Dakota

Comment

Sorry...I keep forgetting that you weren't following the program at those times.

2 were in the Regionals, 3 were in the Frozen Four...and in 4 of the 5 North Dakota was the higher seed.

So yeah...5 curb-stompings. Don't you just miss Hak?
                    Hahaha you honestly can't be serious. Your asking if I'm sad that they got beat in the Frozen four??? The Frozen four!! And 2 times in regionals?? We aren't making the tournament this year and you really just asked that??

YES I really do miss Hak!!

And just so you can lay the whole not a true fan thing to rest I've been a fan for the last 20 years. But that seems to be the only thing you got now so I doubt that's gonna happen

Comment

Hahaha you honestly can't be serious. Your asking if I'm sad that they got beat in the Frozen four??? The Frozen four!! And 2 times in regionals?? We aren't making the tournament this year and you really just asked that??
                      You were the one who said I lied about getting curb-stomped on multiple occasions, so I was just showing you that you didn't know what you were talking about.

Originally posted by The Drunkard
                      YES I really do miss Hak!!
                      We know. Like I said before, I liked Hak, and I did not want to see him go. He left the program in good shape, and Berry was able to take over and push the team over that hill that Hak just couldn't seem to get over. That being said, Hak isn't coming back. Just like Blais isn't coming back, and Gino isn't coming back. Berry is 1/3 with national titles. Hak was 0/11. Do I wish we could have made the NCAA Tournament this season? Of course, but given the national title, I'll give Berry at least another year or two to see what he can do.

And just so you can lay the whole not a true fan thing to rest I've been a fan for the last 20 years.
                      If you say so. Given your posts, it certainly doesn't seem like it. But I suppose you were calling for Blais' head after the 2001-2002 season as well?

But that seems to be the only thing you got now so I doubt that's gonna happen
                      I guess I struck a nerve with you. Sorry to get under your skin. I just strongly disagree with your anti-Berry propaganda...particularly considering you offer no alternative. Shooting first and asking questions later is not a way to go through life.
                      North Dakota

Comment

You were the one who said I lied about getting curb-stomped on multiple occasions, so I was just showing you that you didn't know what you were talking about.

We know. Like I said before, I liked Hak, and I did not want to see him go. He left the program in good shape, and Berry was able to take over and push the team over that hill that Hak just couldn't seem to get over. That being said, Hak isn't coming back. Just like Blais isn't coming back, and Gino isn't coming back. Berry is 1/3 with national titles. Hak was 0/11. Do I wish we could have made the NCAA Tournament this season? Of course, but given the national title, I'll give Berry at least another year or two to see what he can do.

If you say so. Given your posts, it certainly doesn't seem like it. But I suppose you were calling for Blais' head after the 2001-2002 season as well?

I guess I struck a nerve with you. Sorry to get under your skin. I just strongly disagree with your anti-Berry propaganda...particularly considering you offer no alternative. Shooting first and asking questions later is not a way to go through life.
                        Hahaha first off love how you think you struck a nerve because I told you how long I've been a fan. Don't know where you get that but thanks it was good for a laugh.

Second I was happy blais moved on. he liked big strong slow players and college hockey changed to faster paced less hitting so it was a good change to Hak.

Third again Berry won that with all the players Hak coached. This was the first year where they were all Berry's besides pogo and look what happened.

And the curb stompings were well into the tournament. The argument was that it was a game to get into the tournament or the first round of the tournament. Not sure why your trying to say making the Frozen four was a bad thing

Comment

Hahaha first off love how you think you struck a nerve because I told you how long I've been a fan. Don't know where you get that but thanks it was good for a laugh.
                          Well, you keep bringing it up and taking issue with it, so it certainly appeared to strike a nerve.

Second I was happy blais moved on. he liked big strong slow players and college hockey changed to faster paced less hitting so it was a good change to Hak.
                          Blais' last campaign (2003-2004) was one of his best teams, and they were one of the best teams in the country. Not only that, but Hak advanced the furthest he ever did with Blais' players. So...your logic here doesn't make any sense.

Third again Berry won that with all the players Hak coached. This was the first year where they were all Berry's besides pogo and look what happened.
                          Berry coached those players as well, and recruited them. Hak was a very good head coach and got a lot out of his teams. But he got out-coached over and over and over again when it mattered most. Hence the 0/11 in national titles.

And the curb stompings were well into the tournament.
                          I'm glad you admit the curb stompings. 5/11 seasons ended in curb stompings. 0/11 ended with national titles. But hey, if you are just happy making the tournament and losing your last game...

The argument was that it was a game to get into the tournament or the first round of the tournament.
                          I don't recall that being the argument. I noted that, in addition to Hak losing multiple times in the first round and requiring other teams help to make the NCAA Tournament multiple times, Hak also got curb stomped several times when it mattered most. You said I lied, then I proved I was right. Notably, Berry hasn't gotten curb stomped in any season-critical game. He's 4-1 in the NCAA Tournament with the lone loss coming in 2OTs.

Not sure why your trying to say making the Frozen four was a bad thing
                          Nobody ever said making the Frozen Four was bad; however, going 1-7 at the Frozen Four is pathetic. You literally could not do much worse than that.

You also don't address the biggest flaw in your argument that Berry should be fired...who would the replacement be?
                          North Dakota

Comment

Well, you keep bringing it up and taking issue with it, so it certainly appeared to strike a nerve.

Blais' last campaign (2003-2004) was one of his best teams, and they were one of the best teams in the country. Not only that, but Hak advanced the furthest he ever did with Blais' players. So...your logic here doesn't make any sense.

Berry coached those players as well, and recruited them. Hak was a very good head coach and got a lot out of his teams. But he got out-coached over and over and over again when it mattered most. Hence the 0/11 in national titles.

I'm glad you admit the curb stompings. 5/11 seasons ended in curb stompings. 0/11 ended with national titles. But hey, if you are just happy making the tournament and losing your last game...

I don't recall that being the argument. I noted that, in addition to Hak losing multiple times in the first round and requiring other teams help to make the NCAA Tournament multiple times, Hak also got curb stomped several times when it mattered most. You said I lied, then I proved I was right. Notably, Berry hasn't gotten curb stomped in any season-critical game. He's 4-1 in the NCAA Tournament with the lone loss coming in 2OTs.

Nobody ever said making the Frozen Four was bad; however, going 1-7 at the Frozen Four is pathetic. You literally could not do much worse than that.

You also don't address the biggest flaw in your argument that Berry should be fired...who would the replacement be?
                            You sure like to make it sound bad to make the tournament and Frozen fours And not making the tournament ok because they won three years ago.

As for my arguement not being valid because Hak went to the Frozen four with Blais team. I never said that was because of Haks doing, he got a good team just like Berry. Hak was just able to keep the good teams coming year after year.

It's crazy to look at the last two years and think, you know what I like how things are going I hope they keep it going.

Comment

You sure like to make it sound bad to make the tournament and Frozen fours And not making the tournament ok because they won three years ago.
                              Who said it was okay?

As for my arguement not being valid because Hak went to the Frozen four with Blais team. I never said that was because of Haks doing.
                              I was addressing your argument about Blais. You further weaken that argument here.

It's crazy to look at the last two years and think, you know what I like how things are going I hope they keep it going.
                              Again, who is saying that?
                              North Dakota

Comment

Who said it was okay?

I was addressing your argument about Blais. You further weaken that argument here.

Again, who is saying that?
                                What arguement about blais? Your starting to swing at air here bud.

Do you even remember what this argument was about? You think that because Berry won with Haks team its ok for him to have ****ty seasons for well I'm not sure how long you'd be ok with it.

I don't understand that but fine good on you. I'm done with this talking in circles business
                                Last edited by Sioux-perDrunk; 03-16-2018, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X