Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
    I will be shocked if Wolanin sticks around
    Officially signed a 2 year deal this morning with Ottawa.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Rhett Gardner is staying. Waiting on Gersich
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

We're still less than two years removed from the 2016 national title game and more than a third of UND's players from that night are currently in the NHL.
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

UND junior Shane Gersich is having discussions with Washington. Nothing signed yet, but an eventual deal seems likely at this point.
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
            Officially signed a 2 year deal this morning with Ottawa.
            Welcome to the ECHL

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
              I agree. What about Gardner? 20 points doesn't exactly scream NHL ready. Brad's column yesterday talked about how early departures have done. 1st and 2nd rounders have gotten to the NHL but lower round picks haven't done well. Gersich is a 5th rounder - does he go?
              Gersich should stay and learn to hit a corner and not the chest of a goalie.

Comment

KVRR Sports
                @KVRRSports
                Sources: Shane Gersich will forego his senior season with #UND and sign with the Washington Capitals.
                6:11 PM - Mar 21, 2018
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Rhett Gardner on returning for his senior season: "This year left a sour taste. I want to get everything back to where it was when I came here as a freshman."
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Christian Wolanin will make his NHL debut tonight for the Ottawa Senators against his old UND teammate Drake Caggiula and the Edmonton Oilers. Guy Boucher says Wolanin will get power play time.
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                      I would say about 100%. After their application to the NHL they started accepting applications for season tickets. They sold about 10,000 in 12 minutes and finally stopped the process when they reached 33,000. I think there might be some interest here.
                      I think it's great for the area. IMO, Seattle already has the grassroots infrastructure to develop hockey players before other parts of the country like Vegas. Not to jinx this thing but I am surprised it took the NHL this long.
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                        I think it's great for the area. IMO, Seattle already has the grassroots infrastructure to develop hockey players before other parts of the country like Vegas. Not to jinx this thing but I am surprised it took the NHL this long.
                        The reason it took this long is because the arena (KeyArena) is a crappy venue. It only seats about 15,000 and has lots of poor sight lines and the "luxury" boxes are lousy (never been in one but that is what I have heard). Now that it is being renovated - actually torn down, I think - there is interest. There were two groups willing to put up $600M+ to build arenas. I think it's a huge mistake that KeyArena was chosen. There is very little parking and transit is virtually nonexistent. But, hey, there will be light rail in 10 years. Sorry, a little soapbox there. I agree that there is infrastructure to develop hockey players here.
                        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

An NHL factory
                          http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...0th-nhl-player
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

If you sell your program to prospective recruits as the best path to the NHL, you gotta expect players to leave early. The stat I found the most amazing - 8 of 19 players that were on the ice winning the NC in Tampa are now in the NHL.
                            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                              If you sell your program to prospective recruits as the best path to the NHL, you gotta expect players to leave early. The stat I found the most amazing - 8 of 19 players that were on the ice winning the NC in Tampa are now in the NHL.
                              And we as UND fans know players will leave early every year. But 8 of 19 from that 2016 championship team in the NHL is incredible
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

per @SchlossmanGF Early NHL signings last three offseasons

10 — North Dakota
                                8 — Boston College
                                5 — Minnesota
                                5 — Michigan
                                4 — Boston University
                                4 — Lake Superior State
                                4 — Minnesota Duluth
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X