UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    I have stayed at the Holiday Inn, the Crown Plaza, Embassy Suites, The Kelly Inn, the Doubletree, and the LivInn Suites in Oakdale. I would say that the Crown Plaza was the nicest. Embassy Suites was the most fun. Holiday Inn is super anal about noise, but I am guessing that a middle aged married couple doesn't need to worry about that.
    The morning omelette gets me every time. Plus they aren’t to strict on noise after hours. At least that’s what I remember.
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      Yeah, my wife and I are actually staying at the Holiday Inn across the street this year. We usually stay down Kellogg at what was the Crown Plaza and a variety of other names, but is now called The International, if I recall correctly. The team used to stay at that hotel when the tourney was in St. Paul, but I'm not sure where they are staying this year.

We switched it up because of "points" or some such thing. When my wife mentions the word "free" she usually gets my attention.

I have literally attended all of the conference tournaments since the conference tournaments began in the old WCHA following the 1987-88 season. A buddy from college was working in the Cities that year. I was still working out in Bismarck. It seemed like a good reason to get together so we bought the tickets that inaugural year, and we've bought them ever since. We even got them back when they experimented with holding it in Wisconsin, although those tourneys sucked. Last year was our 30th year.
      Pretty cool!

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      Only about three minutes a night.
      Pretty.......
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
        Anyone here going to be in St. Paul
        I’ll be there. Can’t wait. Should be somewhat like the old Final Fives.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
          I’ll be there. Can’t wait. Should be somewhat like the old Final Fives.
          If nothing else, it should be some really good hockey. Two teams who have been at the top of college hockey all season. Probably the hottest team in the country in the second half in Duluth. Add in what should be an extremely desperate North Dakota team and it should make for some exciting hockey.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            If nothing else, it should be some really good hockey. Two teams who have been at the top of college hockey all season. Probably the hottest team in the country in the second half in Duluth. Add in what should be an extremely desperate North Dakota team and it should make for some exciting hockey.
            Dam how I miss the WCHA Final Five but this weekend will have a taste of it for sure.
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

North Dakota commit Jasper Weatherby is the recipient of this years Vern Dye Memorial Trophy (BCHL Most Valuable Player). The second UND commit in three years to win the award (Tyson Jost won it in 2016).
              Last edited by icehawk; 03-14-2018, 06:15 PM.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                Anyone here going to be in St. Paul
                Wife & I, and some family

Comment

Lows 50’s and sunny for Saturday in St Paul. It’s going to be crazy downtown
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    I just wish the players hadn't given up on Berry.
                    Giving up a two goal lead and getting a lucky goal In overtime in a need to win game doesn't really seem to impressive to me and I was there. They had a good game on Friday but it would seem pretty easy to try hard when your season is on the line. Where was this effort in the second half of the season? Too me this weekends effort had nothing to do with coaching and all the players realizing that they might already be screwed. But if your happy with where they are at with the talent they have good on you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
                      Giving up a two goal lead and getting a lucky goal In overtime in a need to win game doesn't really seem to impressive to me and I was there. They had a good game on Friday but it would seem pretty easy to try hard when your season is on the line. Where was this effort in the second half of the season? Too me this weekends effort had nothing to do with coaching and all the players realizing that they might already be screwed. But if your happy with where they are at with the talent they have good on you.
                      I just wish they wouldn't have given up on Berry in 2016. We could have won the title by 10 goals/game. I mean, UND is only something like 13-4-3 in March under Berry. They should be at least 20-0-0 winning every game by 5+ goals.

Even if they win their next six...can his ***.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
                        You bring nothin.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                          You bring nothin.
                          I bring a skepticism of a coach that came into the best team in college hockey his first year and won which is still pretty good but then lost out in the first round of the tournament last year with a shaky year to boot and now has to win the nchc championship to just make it too the NCAA tournament. With the talent that he has had that seems crazy but apparently that's no big deal.... This isn't Ferris State it shouldn't be ok to just make the tournament. If they could pull it off and just make the Frozen four id start coming around to Berry's side and I really hope they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            I just wish they wouldn't have given up on Berry in 2016. We could have won the title by 10 goals/game. I mean, UND is only something like 13-4-3 in March under Berry. They should be at least 20-0-0 winning every game by 5+ goals.

Even if they win their next six...can his ***.
                            Heck yeah! Couple years from now you'll still be saying "we haven't won an NCAA tournament game in four years but in 2016 when Berry won with Haks team makes it ok!"👍

Comment

• Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
                              Heck yeah! Couple years from now you'll still be saying "we haven't won an NCAA tournament game in four years but in 2016 when Berry won with Haks team makes it ok!"👍
                              You do realize Berry was and still is a big part of recruiting. He did get something done that Hak couldn’t get done. Don’t get the hate
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Take some perspective from this. They can't be a dominant team every single season forever. That's just not realistic. Its a hard conference to play in, harder than the old WCHA was because there aren't any doormats like Anchorage and Tech. Be grateful for the opportunity to play this weekend in St Paul. Simply getting to this point is pretty dang good. Having hosted a first round playoff series and making the big dance for so long is quite an accomplishment even if that doesn't extend this season.

Just for some reference, I am not a UND fan. I am simply a neutral bystander that enjoys some good puck.

Comment

Working...
                                X