UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Bring on St. Cloud. My wife and 2 other couples will be in attendance. Going to be crazy since St Patty’s day is Saturday. Downtown St. Paul will be hopping
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
      Bring on St. Cloud. My wife and 2 other couples will be in attendance. Going to be crazy since St Patty’s day is Saturday. Downtown St. Paul will be hopping
      Get ready for overflowing port-a-pottys!
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        Get ready for overflowing port-a-pottys!
        That’s a given
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Here's my recap from the game yesterday. Would love some feedback! https://seamoresports.com/2018/03/11...t-game-winner/

Comment

https://blog.collegehockeyranked.com/2018/03/12/1003/
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Anyone here going to be in St. Paul
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                That should be more than enough I would guess. I know they blew leads both nights against St Cloud but all in all taking the number 1 team in the nation to overtime both nights has to give the boys a shot of confidence going into the playoffs. What is concerning is how they have a hard time keeping leads this season
                I ran some numbers in the pairwise predictor and it appears that 1 win this weekend keeps them at #14 in most scenarios. 2 wins obviously guarantees a spot because of the auto bid. But only 1 win combined with a #14 spot is literally the last at-large spot assuming that there are no other conference tournament upset winners (Princeton, Harvard, BU, or BC).

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                  I will be.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    I will be.
                    Nice. Staying at the Embassy Suites. The best omelets made in front of you in the morning. Same 2 guys have been doing it for years. That in itself is worth the stay
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Yep - April 5th and 7th.
                      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Thinking about it. Never been.

Comment

Nice. Staying at the Embassy Suites. The best omelets made in front of you in the morning. Same 2 guys have been doing it for years. That in itself is worth the stay
                          Yeah, my wife and I are actually staying at the Holiday Inn across the street this year. We usually stay down Kellogg at what was the Crown Plaza and a variety of other names, but is now called The International, if I recall correctly. The team used to stay at that hotel when the tourney was in St. Paul, but I'm not sure where they are staying this year.

We switched it up because of "points" or some such thing. When my wife mentions the word "free" she usually gets my attention.

I have literally attended all of the conference tournaments since the conference tournaments began in the old WCHA following the 1987-88 season. A buddy from college was working in the Cities that year. I was still working out in Bismarck. It seemed like a good reason to get together so we bought the tickets that inaugural year, and we've bought them ever since. We even got them back when they experimented with holding it in Wisconsin, although those tourneys sucked. Last year was our 30th year.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            Yeah, my wife and I are actually staying at the Holiday Inn across the street this year. We usually stay down Kellogg at what was the Crown Plaza and a variety of other names, but is now called The International, if I recall correctly. The team used to stay at that hotel when the tourney was in St. Paul, but I'm not sure where they are staying this year.

We switched it up because of "points" or some such thing. When my wife mentions the word "free" she usually gets my attention.

I have literally attended all of the conference tournaments since the conference tournaments began in the old WCHA following the 1987-88 season. A buddy from college was working in the Cities that year. I was still working out in Bismarck. It seemed like a good reason to get together so we bought the tickets that inaugural year, and we've bought them ever since. We even got them back when they experimented with holding it in Wisconsin, although those tourneys sucked. Last year was our 30th year.
                            I have stayed at the Holiday Inn, the Crown Plaza, Embassy Suites, The Kelly Inn, the Doubletree, and the LivInn Suites in Oakdale. I would say that the Crown Plaza was the nicest. Embassy Suites was the most fun. Holiday Inn is super anal about noise, but I am guessing that a middle aged married couple doesn't need to worry about that.
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              I have stayed at the Holiday Inn, the Crown Plaza, Embassy Suites, The Kelly Inn, the Doubletree, and the LivInn Suites in Oakdale. I would say that the Crown Plaza was the nicest. Embassy Suites was the most fun. Holiday Inn is super anal about noise, but I am guessing that a middle aged married couple doesn't need to worry about that.
                              Only about three minutes a night.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                Only about three minutes a night.
                                Hey, you've been taking your vitamins!
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X