UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
    You do realize Berry was and still is a big part of recruiting. He did get something done that Hak couldn’t get done. Don’t get the hate
    Yes Berry was a big recruiter but it takes a coach to get the players playing to their full potential and to play together. Hak didn't win a title but his resume is insane which is why he's coaching in the NHL now

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
      Take some perspective from this. They can't be a dominant team every single season forever. That's just not realistic. Its a hard conference to play in, harder than the old WCHA was because there aren't any doormats like Anchorage and Tech. Be grateful for the opportunity to play this weekend in St Paul. Simply getting to this point is pretty dang good. Having hosted a first round playoff series and making the big dance for so long is quite an accomplishment even if that doesn't extend this season.

Just for some reference, I am not a UND fan. I am simply a neutral bystander that enjoys some good puck.
      But see that's where I don't agree. UND should always make the tournament with the talent they get. Not making the tournament should be severely looked down on. UND didn't lose last year in the first round because the other team had more talent and the same goes for where they sit right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
        Yes Berry was a big recruiter but it takes a coach to get the players playing to their full potential and to play together. Hak didn't win a title but his resume is insane which is why he's coaching in the NHL now
        Good thing Nodak fans don't care about their team winning titles
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
          But see that's where I don't agree. UND should always make the tournament with the talent they get. Not making the tournament should be severely looked down on. UND didn't lose last year in the first round because the other team had more talent and the same goes for where they sit right now.
          Exactly! Hakstol's teams NEVER lost in the First Round, and NEVER had to eek out a tournament bid. Not once.

And last year, I don't think BU had a single player that got even a sniff of being drafted! It's not like we were up against a team with a handful of Top NHL Picks. (ETA: BU had 5 First Rounders, 4 Second Rounders, and 1 Third Rounder) Nope...a bunch of talentless hacks that took us down!!!
          Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 03-16-2018, 03:07 PM.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            Good thing Nodak fans don't care about their team winning titles
            Well, at least one North Dakota fan.
            North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              Exactly! Hakstol's teams NEVER lost in the First Round, and NEVER had to eek out a tournament bid. Not once.

And last year, I don't think BU had a single player that got even a sniff of being drafted! It's not like we were up against a team with a handful of Top NHL Picks. (ETA: BU had 5 First Rounders, 4 Second Rounders, and 1 Third Rounder) Nope...a bunch of talentless hacks that took us down!!!
              Hahaha hak had that happen what once each? Berry will do that in his first three years but that's ok because he won with Haks team.

Also BU had all freshman and nobody with the talent of Beoser. We had the better team but I keep forgetting Berry won with Haks team so no matter how bad they do in the next ten years he's the best coach In College hockey

Comment

Hahaha hak had that happen what once each? Berry will do that in his first three years but that's ok because he won with Haks team.

Also BU had all freshman and nobody with the talent of Beoser. We had the better team but I keep forgetting Berry won with Haks team so no matter how bad they do in the next ten years he's the best coach In College hockey
                Hak lost in the first round at least twice...and got curb-stomped in the NCAAs several times. Talk about your players giving up on you.

FWIW, I liked Hak. I was disappointed that he bailed on the program, but I think he's an excellent coach. Berry is too. But some people can't handle it when things don't go their way and blame the coach.

And your take on BU's talent is laughable...idiotic, but laughable.
                North Dakota

Comment

I recall one season where Wisconsin had to lose a third place game in the wcha tourney in order for UND to get into the tourney. Nice try though.
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I recall one season where Wisconsin had to lose a third place game in the wcha tourney in order for UND to get into the tourney. Nice try though.
                    My post was sarcasm. You meant to reply to the drunkard.
                    North Dakota

Comment

Hak lost in the first round at least twice...and got curb-stomped in the NCAAs several times. Talk about your players giving up on you.

FWIW, I liked Hak. I was disappointed that he bailed on the program, but I think he's an excellent coach. Berry is too. But some people can't handle it when things don't go their way and blame the coach.

And your take on BU's talent is laughable...idiotic, but laughable.
                      Do you realize that you insult in almost all your posts which is a indicator that your arguments are garbage, which they are.

Hak coached for how many years and lost in the first round twice. Also I'd love for you to elaborate on the several curb stompings because its a complete lie. Drunkard?? Really?? hahaha you are scraping the bottom of the barrel bud.
                      Last edited by Sioux-perDrunk; 03-16-2018, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Never said it didn't happened but once in twenty years seems insanely good compared to once in the first three.

Comment

I have never seen a team with the D men give the puck to the other team as much as this team. Played like a Pee Wee team all year. Drain this ****ing swamp.

Comment

Do you realize that you insult in almost all your posts which is a indicator that your arguments are garbage, which they are.

Hak coached for how many years and lost in the first round twice. Also I'd love for you to elaborate on the several curb stompings because its a complete lie. Drunkard?? Really?? hahaha you are scraping the bottom of the barrel bud.
                            What else do you say to a drunkard who wants to fire the coach that finally brought the program a national championship after so many years of falling short?

I'll let you have coaches like Doug Woog and Hak...very good, but unable to get it done when it matters most. See how that ends for you.
                            North Dakota

Comment

Never said it didn't happened but once in twenty years seems insanely good compared to once in the first three.
                              It happened more than once. You've probably only been following the program though for the last couple years though, so you probably don't remember.
                              North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                                I have never seen a team with the D men give the puck to the other team as much as this team. Played like a Pee Wee team all year. Drain this ****ing swamp.
                                Agreed!

Comment

Working...
                                X