Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 221

Thread: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

  1. #181
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,166

    Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

    PK got the job done all night. Killed a couple of 5 on 3s, and held SCSU to oh-fer on the PP. Nice effort tonight.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

  2. #182
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,858

    Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    Now that was one hell of a college hockey game. UND gets the extra point as they win the shootout.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahasioux1 View Post
    End to end all night.
    And that's remarkable, since UND is not a racehorse team.

  3. #183
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    3,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    PK got the job done all night. Killed a couple of 5 on 3s, and held SCSU to oh-fer on the PP. Nice effort tonight.
    That was huge. This team has a chance to make a run in March and April provided they stay healthy.

  4. #184
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    3,161

    Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

    'They’ve had my heart ever since I was a kid': Moorhead's Randklev chooses UND. inforum.com/sports/hockey/…

  5. #185
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    3,161

    Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

    “It’s just giving up your day-to-day lifestyle,” Randklev said. “First thing on my mind is you got to get better at hockey. Not everyone thinks that way because they’re a kid, especially when you're a teenager. You want to hang out with friends. You got to put a lot more work than people expect. Getting up every day and going in the gym and shooting pucks and being on the ice as much as you possibly can. If you’re not the biggest guy you have to spend hours on the ice to improve the skills.”

  6. #186
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    6,117

    Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

    An interesting "human interest story" that relates back to UND hockey. The old Englestad auto museum, housed for years at the Imperial Palace/The Quad/The Linq casino in Las Vegas is closing it's doors, and it looks like the inventory will be auctioned off. Not sure how many, if any, of the cars still there were owned by Ralph.

    https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...ing-its-doors/
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

  7. #187
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    3,161

    Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread


  8. #188
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,166

    Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    “It’s just giving up your day-to-day lifestyle,” Randklev said. “First thing on my mind is you got to get better at hockey. Not everyone thinks that way because they’re a kid, especially when you're a teenager. You want to hang out with friends. You got to put a lot more work than people expect. Getting up every day and going in the gym and shooting pucks and being on the ice as much as you possibly can. If you’re not the biggest guy you have to spend hours on the ice to improve the skills.”
    Rocco v2.0?

    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    An interesting "human interest story" that relates back to UND hockey. The old Englestad auto museum, housed for years at the Imperial Palace/The Quad/The Linq casino in Las Vegas is closing it's doors, and it looks like the inventory will be auctioned off. Not sure how many, if any, of the cars still there were owned by Ralph.

    https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...ing-its-doors/
    That's too bad. It is a great collection, good enough to be a stand-alone car museum.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

  9. #189
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    3,161

    Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

    Merry Christmas to all you Fighting Sioux fans. Looking forward to an epic second half of the season.

  10. #190
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    3,161

    Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

    Holy lay an egg Batman. What a pathetic effort tonight losing 4-1 to UNO. The Ralph was like a morgue. No energy from the team results in no fan interaction. Expect a whole different team tomorrow night.

  11. #191

    Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    Holy lay an egg Batman. What a pathetic effort tonight losing 4-1 to UNO. The Ralph was like a morgue. No energy from the team results in no fan interaction. Expect a whole different team tomorrow night.
    Yeah, that was a forgettable performance. Kudos to UNO though...they controlled that game from the opening faceoff. Here's to North Dakota coming out hungry tomorrow for a W and getting the 3 points.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  12. #192
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    3,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Yeah, that was a forgettable performance. Kudos to UNO though...they controlled that game from the opening faceoff. Here's to North Dakota coming out hungry tomorrow for a W and getting the 3 points.
    Yep UNO definitely controlled the play. They may be 8th in the conference but they are 12th in the pairwise.

  13. #193
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,166

    Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

    Ugly game. No compete by anyone. I'm jumping off the cliff.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

  14. #194
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    3,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    Ugly game. No compete by anyone. I'm jumping off the cliff.
    They are definitely jumping off the cliff over at SS.com

  15. #195
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    3,161

    Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

    Definitely a different team tonight for the first 35 minutes. 3-0 Sioux
    Last edited by icehawk; 01-06-2018 at 09:34 PM.

  16. #196
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    3,161

    Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

    4-0 after 2

  17. #197

    Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    Definitely a different team tonight for the first 35 minutes. 3-0 Sioux
    Yes, much better performance thus far tonight. Almost a complete 180 for both teams from last night.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  18. #198
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    3,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Yes, much better performance thus far tonight. Almost a complete 180 for both teams from last night.
    6-0 now.

  19. #199

    Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    6-0 now.
    The extra point was good. 7-0.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  20. #200
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    3,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    Ugly game. No compete by anyone. I'm jumping off the cliff.
    Hope you decided not to

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •