UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Puck drops tonight against the usual season-opening opponent, Manitoba Bisons. The Bisons look like they may be a tougher out than usual with several players with professional experience. Then off to Alaska to start NCAA play. This year's team has no 1st round NHL picks, a first in many years. But they still look solid - the D should be strong with last year's freshmen all showing good improvement throughout the season, and Cam is back for his senior season. Scoring is the biggest question mark. The guys that got it done last season (Gersich, Poganski, Wolanin) will need to pick it up a little with Jost, Boeser and T. Poolman gone, and the newcomers will need to contribute right away if the team will be in St. Paul in April.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Did better than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
      It was nice to see the freshmen get going right away. They all got on the scoresheet. Good start to the season.

Comment

It's always hard to tell, first game, and against a team like Manitoba. I'd have liked to have seen the second D pairing of Shaw and Peski play a little better. Those guys are going to have to be rocks back there because they're probably going to get a ton of time on the ice unless we want to burn out Wolanin and Poolman. We're also going to need .930 Cam Johnson and not .903 Cam Johnson.

A couple of big series coming up. The UAA and St. Larry's games can be pairwise killers, and the boys are going to see a steep climb in opponent's skill level once the Minnesota series arrives.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          It's always hard to tell, first game, and against a team like Manitoba. I'd have liked to have seen the second D pairing of Shaw and Peski play a little better. Those guys are going to have to be rocks back there because they're probably going to get a ton of time on the ice unless we want to burn out Wolanin and Poolman. We're also going to need .930 Cam Johnson and not .903 Cam Johnson.

A couple of big series coming up. The UAA and St. Larry's games can be pairwise killers, and the boys are going to see a steep climb in opponent's skill level once the Minnesota series arrives.
          .930 is a dream I think.

Comment

.930 is a dream I think.
            He did .935 in 2015-16. A guy can dream, can’t he?
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              He did .935 in 2015-16. A guy can dream, can’t he?
              So it can be done you are saying?
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I'd chalk this weekend up to a slow start from your team and us rising to the occasion. Yeah we start out at 0-1-1 but it's a good loss and tie.
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                  I'd chalk this weekend up to a slow start from your team and us rising to the occasion. Yeah we start out at 0-1-1 but it's a good loss and tie.
                  I didn't see the games (I did listen) but I would chalk it up to a goalie that was pretty close to invincible.

Comment

Great story on Poolman
                    http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...er-high-school
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Another great story on Poolman:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...t-egf-play-nhl

Comment

We need a PP coach.

Comment

We need a PP coach.
                          That's for sure. 12.5% through three games - not going to cut it. Wonder why they decided to go with two defensemen on the PP? IIRC it was four forwards last year and in years past. Very timely PP goal last night though.

Comment

Boy was that a snoozefest last night. No energy in the building to speak of. But it's a W and try for the sweep tonight
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                              Boy was that a snoozefest last night. No energy in the building to speak of. But it's a W and try for the sweep tonight
                              I actually liked the game. You ****ers are spoiled.

Comment

Working...
                              X