UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Nice set up by the UND player to help DU on the PP. We suck in our end.

Comment

How do they call that penalty on Smith.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
        How do they call that penalty on Smith.
        Good question. Tied at 4
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Simonson makes it 5-4 Sioux. 2 to go
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Clean up the crap play in our end and this team could be special.

Comment

• Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
              Clean up the crap play in our end and this team could be special.
              They look really good at times. That was an amazing comeback win!

Comment

Huge win by UND tonight. Down 3-0 and being outshot 19-1 to #1 Denver they comeback and win it in Denver 5-4 and outshoot the Pioneers 35-33. Once again my theory on a 3 goal lead is the worse lead in hockey comes to fruition.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                  Huge win by UND tonight. Down 3-0 and being outshot 19-1 to #1 Denver they comeback and win it in Denver 5-4 and outshoot the Pioneers 35-33. Once again my theory on a 3 goal lead is the worse lead in hockey comes to fruition.
                  Nice win by NoDak tonight. They played their game from the opening face off, all through the first when they were badly out played, into the second when they started to turn the tide and to the final whistle and the win. Slow and steady wins the race. It was an impressive example of sticking to a game plan and trusting each other. They ground Denver down and wore them out...

DU is an interesting case early in the year. They'll lock teams down defensively and then all of a sudden get beat for 3-4 goals in a short span.

Great hockey when these two get together - can't wait for tomorrow...
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

Comment

'Return of the Sioux' photo on USCHO's home page (Friday tab). Not complaining, but... really?

Comment

• Originally posted by bik4u62 View Post
                      'Return of the Sioux' photo on USCHO's home page (Friday tab). Not complaining, but... really?
                      Haha **** I didn't even notice that was an old Sioux pic. That's awesome! I'm surprised uscho did that or can even do that

Comment

I noticed that - MacMillan, Dickin - picture has to be about 5 years old. Great win last night. Very improbable comeback.
                        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                          I noticed that - MacMillan, Dickin - picture has to be about 5 years old. Great win last night. Very improbable comeback.
                          Looked like a 10-0 game in the first 20. What a turnaround. Ya know dam well DU will be coming out ticked off tonight. I said I would be satisfied with a split so that’s already accomplished. A Siouxweeep would be Siouxweeet.
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                            Looked like a 10-0 game in the first 20. What a turnaround. Ya know dam well DU will be coming out ticked off tonight. I said I would be satisfied with a split so that’s already accomplished. A Siouxweeep would be Siouxweeet.
                            We're on the same page. I see that USCHO has "updated" the picture - at least they are getting closer.
                            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                              Yeah, Denver really outplayed us the first 15 minutes or so. I thought North Dakota started to turn the tide towards the end of the first, and really had the momentum early in the second. The shorthander could have easily been a backbreaker, but they kept fighting and got back into it.

I'm with you on expectations as well...I was really just hoping for a split. Tonight will be a very difficult game for UND. We haven't swept at Denver since 2003. That squad may have been North Dakota's best in the 21st century. I think this year's squad will be very good by the end of the season, but I hope they surprise me and get the W tonight.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Well...glad I didn't pay money to see that **** show in person. Disappointed that UND couldn't get the W tonight, but they were given absolutely zero chance. I can only imagine how frustrated the players and coaches are with how the "game" turned out tonight.

Also, I'm really glad we don't have Monty as our coach. I have lost all respect for him. I see why no NHL team wanted to offer him the head job...total Class A *********.

Oh well, Denver isn't nearly as good as I thought they were (or North Dakota is much better than I thought they were). The series in North Dakota should be interesting.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X