• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017-18 Minnesota State Mavericks: Season Thread

Nice!!!!!

Comment

And it was very nice to be able to watch it on streaming for free. Pretty good video, audio just a little low (as in having to turn my computer up to full volume and my TV to nearly full volume.) A fun evening; hope they can keep it up tomorrow night!
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

go easy on our boys tonight, ok? after all a split is nice
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Well that sure was an impressive weekend of hockey... Wasn't really expecting this good of a result. Go Mavs !!!

Comment

Dayum
            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

WOW! Congrats Mavericks!
              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Pretty impressive team there. Not sure what the pollsters are looking at up to this point but they'll notice now.
                Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Thank you, Mav team and Mav fans, for a terrific weekend! Great hockey, great venue, and great cameraderie! Met Backes, Leitner, and Coach Hastings this weekend. Not the Holy Trinity, but not bad, either!

Comment

And got to watch both games on legitimate, free streaming! Not bad quality, either. Tonight's game lost the audio for a bit, but they got it back. Amazing performance by our guys!
                    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Their streaming service was amazing considering i have few to no glitches and the NBCSN doesnt play that well. I like the announcers too which lets be honest can kill a game listening to garbage play by play. Favorite was 1st game

Announcer 1 "we have WWE here eith some kids wrestling down there."
                      Announcer 2 "ill take the chubby one to win"

Absolute gem.
                      As for the games I'm not sure I've ever seen a Maverick team play two complete games and get a sweep against such an opponent. And what's even more impressive for me is that this is on the heels of losing 4 to 0 to St Cloud at home in the opener. Obviously these games will help us come March if bu does what's expected of them. Now I'd like to see how they respond after two big wins, you have your first conference games coming. If they continue to play like this they are going to be extremely difficult to beat.

Also McKay i thought did great in a few situations where he out muscled greenway who is NHL sized beast. For a freshamn D he definitely didnt give him anything
                      All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

How do you guys think Spooner will be for you guys moving forward? Know him well as I coached him for 2 summers on a AAA team. Great kid.
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                          How do you guys think Spooner will be for you guys moving forward? Know him well as I coached him for 2 summers on a AAA team. Great kid.
                          Was very pleasantly surprised with his play this weekend. Saw him a little in the USHL and knew he was tough and smart, but didn't know if he could compete at the NCAA level. But a goal, 7 shots, and +2 on the weekend against a bunch of future NHLers shows that yeah, he can do it.

I like how Coach Hastings has brought in a bunch of Captains, like Spooner, from the USHL. Smart leaders ready to step in right away.

Comment

3 thoughts from this weekend:

1. WOW
                            2. It is amazing how easy it was to get into Agannis. City of Mankato should get with the people in Boston to learn how to do it.
                            3. Got to meet purpleinnebraska. Great to meet you and your daughter

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
                              3 thoughts from this weekend:

1. WOW
                              2. It is amazing how easy it was to get into Agannis. City of Mankato should get with the people in Boston to learn how to do it.
                              3. Got to meet purpleinnebraska. Great to meet you and your daughter
                              Ditto on meeting you! My daughter said, "How could we go to these games for the last 5 years and not meet any of these people?" Not hanging out at the right places, I guess!

Comment

Good win for the boys last night. Need to clean up those dumb penalties but otherwise i thought they played well. Be interesting to see who is in goal tonight.
                                All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Working...
                                X