Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017-18 Minnesota State Mavericks: Season Thread

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    Have y'all heard anything about Gerards' health after the unconscionable hit from Saulnier?

GFM
    I haven't heard an update. Coach Hastings used the word "concussion" in the postgame press conference, although that's obviously not a medical diagnosis. Gerads wasn't really lifting his head on the way off the ice. Hoping for the best for him.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
      Hoping for the best for him.
      The same comes from UAHstatman and me.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Bold prediction: We'll have our first nail-biter of the season this weekend. Weirdly, through 18 games, we haven't yet had a game decided by one goal.

Just hope we're on the right side of the score! Should be a fun weekend.

Comment

I haven't heard an update. Coach Hastings used the word "concussion" in the postgame press conference, although that's obviously not a medical diagnosis. Gerads wasn't really lifting his head on the way off the ice. Hoping for the best for him.
          Shane's blog today said he's for sure out this weekend. No update for how long though.
          Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

I am looking for a different team tonight. Played a good first 5 minutes last night. Transition passes out of the zone seemed slow and easy to intercept. Uncharacteristic odd man rushes obviously killed us. We pretty much served up two goals on a silver platter. NMU capitalized on the opportunities and took 3 valuable points. Bundle up tonight on the way to the game tonight! GO MAVS!

Comment

Originally posted by ole ole ole ole View Post
              I am looking for a different team tonight. Played a good first 5 minutes last night. Transition passes out of the zone seemed slow and easy to intercept. Uncharacteristic odd man rushes obviously killed us. We pretty much served up two goals on a silver platter. NMU capitalized on the opportunities and took 3 valuable points. Bundle up tonight on the way to the game tonight! GO MAVS!
              Well, mostly different game. Certainly tightened up on the odd man rushes, and 1st line was great. Now off to Alaska, and hopefully improve on recent results there.

Comment

The passing wasn't as bad the second night as the first, but still off. Friday night, they were either passing to a spot where there was no one, or where the only player was NMU.
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

http://www.ktva.com/story/37197251/m...t-to-anchorage

A Mavs fan looking for a more direct way to get to Anchorage?

Comment

Nice win at St. Cloud last night. The Mavs worked hard and were rewarded for their efforts. Duluth won't be an easy game either.

Comment

Looking at going tomorrow night, weather permitting. For getting tickets, which I can't imagine will be a problem since 1) it's UMD and 2) it's a Tuesday, is there a certain area where the visiting fans are usually congregated?

Thank you!
                      Dirty: Why {shouldn't Grand Valley State} not just go the Miami way to fund DI? Rob banks and sell drugs.
                      bigmrg74: GVSU has some speed, but not that kind of speed.

Comment

Originally posted by USAFA Bulldog View Post
                        Looking at going tomorrow night, weather permitting. For getting tickets, which I can't imagine will be a problem since 1) it's UMD and 2) it's a Tuesday, is there a certain area where the visiting fans are usually congregated?

Thank you!
                        It's typically sections 100,200,300.

Comment

Generally, 100-102, 200-202, and 300-302.

And I believe the largest MSU crowd ever was UMD to open the 14-15 season. It won't be that full on a Tuesday night, of course, but don't downplay the rivalry and the interest MSU people have in playing Duluth.

Comment

Generally, 100-102, 200-202, and 300-302.

And I believe the largest MSU crowd ever was UMD to open the 14-15 season. It won't be that full on a Tuesday night, of course, but don't downplay the rivalry and the interest MSU people have in playing Duluth.
                            Sorry, largest crowd AT THAT TIME. Subsequently eclipsed by a game with Tech at the end of the 14-15 season, and the St. Cloud game to start this season. Still, my point remains!

Comment

Sorry, largest crowd AT THAT TIME. Subsequently eclipsed by a game with Tech at the end of the 14-15 season, and the St. Cloud game to start this season. Still, my point remains!
                              It's probably best if we have a smaller crowd. We seem to lay eggs every time we have large crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                                It's probably best if we have a smaller crowd. We seem to lay eggs every time we have large crowds.
                                Hehe. Maybe I'll wish for a huge crowd then.

Yeah. To be expected. Still UMD doesn't bring the huge number of fans that UMTC and UND bring, so I wouldn't expect a MSU-UMD game to sell out normally, but that's great that you're getting that big of crowds.

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                                It's typically sections 100,200,300.
                                Thank you!
                                Dirty: Why {shouldn't Grand Valley State} not just go the Miami way to fund DI? Rob banks and sell drugs.
                                bigmrg74: GVSU has some speed, but not that kind of speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X