2017-18 Minnesota State Mavericks: Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-18 Minnesota State Mavericks: Season Thread

Will also just add I wish SCSU and Mankato would have been put in different regions as true bracket integrity would have dictated. Would have rather had the chance to face each other in the Frozen Four instead. Imagine the horror of two state schools battling out there with the "big" program of the state on the outside looking in. Best of luck against UMD and hope to see you Saturday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSUBlackandRed View Post
      I'd love to see Mankato and Bemidji in the conference for quality programs, rivalries and reduced travel expenses. It's a tough place to live though, not a lot of weekends off in league play. The smaller pond that you can dominate isn't necessarily a bad thing.
      The Mavericks have won 20+ six straight seasons and not made 4 of 6 tournaments in that span. Less wins but more quality wins is the goal. The Mavericks are committed to trying to win titles now. Look at what the NCHC has done for St. Cloud. That’s what Hastings wants to emulate.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
        Can we fast forward to tomorrow?

CANNOT WAIT!!

Thoughts on the UMD matchup? I like the ability to have last change as well as the fact they’ve seen the Bulldogs twice and have an idea of how they want to attack them with plenty of film to make that decision.

It’s also time for the top guys to lead us again. MTU series was not pretty for the top line, and CJ and Zeb, back in Sioux Falls, need to be difference makers.
        UMD was playing some really good hockey before their results at the X last weekend. 7 of 8 wins. Dominated a good WMU team in 4 of those wins. Shepard had 5 shutouts and 2 one goal efforts over the last 8 games. Watched their games over the weekend. They took some really untimely penalties in both third periods. Against DU down 2-1 with 5 minutes left they took two back to back penalties to pretty much end their chances. And then on Sat against No Dak down 2-0 with 7 minutes left they took a 2 and a 5 back to back and another 2 to end that game. Hopefully we can get them off their game plan. I think we will need at least 3 goals to get a chance to play Saturday night. GO MAVS.

Comment

GAME DAY! Let’s Go MAVERICKS!!!
          AF 99

Comment

Good luck Mavs! Represent the "W" well!
            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Any predictions folks?
              AF 99

Comment

An ulcer or headache... both. REALLY want to see a tourney win this year so I say 3-2 MAVS.

Comment

Off to Sioux Falls. Meet you all at the Crooked Pint and GO MAVS!

Comment

Yes, safe travels all! Seems everyone I know is headed west today — VERY excited to see all the purple in the seats in Sioux Falls!
                    AF 99

Comment

• Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
                      An ulcer or headache... both. REALLY want to see a tourney win this year so I say 3-2 MAVS.
                      I’ve been nervous all week. Need to win tonight. From there, it’s kind of playing with house money.
                      AF 99

Comment

That first one is always hard to get. St Cloud will tell you that. They made 7 trips before they finally got a win (in OT too).

Comment

Good luck Mavs!! Let's go WCHA!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
                            That first one is always hard to get. St Cloud will tell you that. They made 7 trips before they finally got a win (in OT too).
                            Hence my nervousness all week. Win today, and then you’re playing with house money each game after that.
                            AF 99

Comment

Best of Luck Mavs! Hope you guys make the finals!

Comment

Any alternate TV options tonight so I don't have to use ESPN3? Would rather watch on TV rather than comp or tablet. Also good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X