• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by prose View Post
    Minnesota State Hockey Pregame Gathering

Crooked Pint - March 23 (4-6pm) - 2020 West Russell Street Sioux Falls -

https://twitter.com/msumavericks/sta...16791985852416
    About a 10-15 minute walk from the Denny Sanford Premier Center. Excellent.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Re: 2017-18 Minnesota State Mavericks: Season Thread

Originally posted by prose View Post
      Minnesota State Hockey Pregame Gathering

Crooked Pint - March 23 (4-6pm) - 2020 West Russell Street Sioux Falls -

https://twitter.com/msumavericks/sta...16791985852416
      Just received the same from alumni email.

https://alumni.mnsu.edu/page.redir?t...8-880742d8e0d7

Comment

I would expect 750 or so Maverick fans in the building Friday and if they can pull off a win, 1,000 or so on Saturday. Excited to see the support in Sioux Falls given the close proximity. It seems like everyone I talk to with season tickets is headed west. Exciting times!
        AF 99

Comment

Are you saying that there's a pregame gathering DURING the first game between St Cloud/Air Force? Pretty sure that every ticket is a session ticket that allows you admittance to both games on Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
            Are you saying that there's a pregame gathering DURING the first game between St Cloud/Air Force? Pretty sure that every ticket is a session ticket that allows you admittance to both games on Friday.
            That’s correct. However the arena does not serve alcohol, and many people like to enjoy a beverage or three before the puck drops, and get together with Alumni prior to the game they made the trip for, all while having the luxury to watch the first game on tvs at the bar. Crazy, isn’t it?
            AF 99

Comment

In most situations I would agree with your statement but not when my ticket gets me into another game.

Comment

I thought about that and.... I will be the arena watching the first game. Hope for a pre game gathering on Saturday!!!!

Comment

Can we fast forward to tomorrow?

CANNOT WAIT!!

Thoughts on the UMD matchup? I like the ability to have last change as well as the fact they’ve seen the Bulldogs twice and have an idea of how they want to attack them with plenty of film to make that decision.

It’s also time for the top guys to lead us again. MTU series was not pretty for the top line, and CJ and Zeb, back in Sioux Falls, need to be difference makers.
                  Last edited by MavHockey14; 03-22-2018, 10:12 AM.
                  AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    Can we fast forward to tomorrow?

CANNOT WAIT!!

Thoughts on the UMD matchup? I like the ability to have last change as well as the fact they’ve seen the Bulldogs twice and have an idea of how they want to attack them with plenty of film to make that decision.

It’s also time for the top guys to lead us again. MTU series was not pretty for the top line, and CJ and Zeb, back in Sioux Falls, need to be difference makers.
                    I think we also need some improvement from Brickley. I thought the entire Tech series he was flirting with disaster against the forecheck. He gave up a lot of turnovers.
                    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                      I think we also need some improvement from Brickley. I thought the entire Tech series he was flirting with disaster against the forecheck. He gave up a lot of turnovers.
                      This was my observation as well. I would have liked to see him get the puck up the ice quicker and with UMDs forwards he needs to or he may leave Connor out to dry.

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
                        This was my observation as well. I would have liked to see him get the puck up the ice quicker and with UMDs forwards he needs to or he may leave Connor out to dry.
                        He did seem more nonchalant with the puck late in the season. Let's hope he has his A game tomorrow

Comment

Slightly off topic for tomorrow night, but had anybody heard more reasoning besides a vague blanket statement why Mankato was denied entry into the NCHC? It may have basically come as a bill that would have had to include ASU which could have hurt their odds, but what if Mankato and Bemidji were added? I understand the NCHC has very specific standards of what they want from member schools but can’t help but believe that with a state as rich with hockey talent as Minnesota wouldn’t benefit with a single conference. I do love the small conference and getting to see UMD play 4 games in Colorado every year though
                          I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                            Slightly off topic for tomorrow night, but had anybody heard more reasoning besides a vague blanket statement why Mankato was denied entry into the NCHC? It may have basically come as a bill that would have had to include ASU which could have hurt their odds, but what if Mankato and Bemidji were added? I understand the NCHC has very specific standards of what they want from member schools but can’t help but believe that with a state as rich with hockey talent as Minnesota wouldn’t benefit with a single conference. I do love the small conference and getting to see UMD play 4 games in Colorado every year though
                            I think it is because the NCHC didn't want anything to do with ASU at that time (and maybe still don't) with their building issues and the travel involved. And they didn't want to accept us because it would create an odd number of teams. Personally, I think it would make sense for Bemidji to join, and would like that, but I have not heard of any interest on their part.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                              Simply put, the NCHC and Minnesota State have mutual interest in each other, and believe they’re a good fit. I have good sources that have mentioned 2-4 years and MSU will be in the NCHC. This was information I received early in the season and may have changed, however.

ASU not having their **** together in terms of an arena made them less than desirable for the NCHC.

Additionally, BSU isn’t seen as a viable option for the NCHC at this point in time, as it isn’t as easily accessible for teams as the conference would like.

As mentioned, the NCHC has ZERO interest in an odd number of teams.

There are a few other reasons, however those were the main two when the Mavericks spent $25,000 and applied to the league.
                              AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
                                I think it is because the NCHC didn't want anything to do with ASU at that time (and maybe still don't) with their building issues and the travel involved. And they didn't want to accept us because it would create an odd number of teams. Personally, I think it would make sense for Bemidji to join, and would like that, but I have not heard of any interest on their part.
                                I'd love to see Mankato and Bemidji in the conference for quality programs, rivalries and reduced travel expenses. It's a tough place to live though, not a lot of weekends off in league play. The smaller pond that you can dominate isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X