2017-18 Minnesota State Mavericks: Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-18 Minnesota State Mavericks: Season Thread

Big time Minnesota connection in Sioux Falls next weekend. What's the best way to get decent tickets. Does the University normally get a block we can call in and get.

Comment

Originally posted by ole ole ole ole View Post
      Big time Minnesota connection in Sioux Falls next weekend. What's the best way to get decent tickets. Does the University normally get a block we can call in and get.
      I am assuming the University will have a block available.

Also, lets hope, that the bank can make the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
        I am assuming the University will have a block available.

Also, lets hope, that the bank can make the trip.
        Band? They do an awesome job. I think the University should give free bus rides for the students too !! Missed them downtown during the two home WCHA playoff series when most were gone on break.

Comment

Best of luck to the Mavs in NoDak. Hope to see a WCHA team in the Xcel in a few weeks....

Comment

Originally posted by ole ole ole ole View Post
            Band? They do an awesome job. I think the University should give free bus rides for the students too !! Missed them downtown during the two home WCHA playoff series when most were gone on break.
            Absolutely, the University should do all they can to get a couple of busloads over there. According to Robb Murray in the Freep this morning Tech charged the students $25.00 for tickets, bus and hotel to come to Mankato. If Tech can do it, MSU should be able to do it.

Comment

Driving over to SF from La Crosse Friday morning...anyoine need a ride? Will try to get my tickets via phone tomorrow, but expecting delays. Already reserved a hotel room, which was touch & go. Will there be an unofficial meeting place (watering hole?) for Mav fans to congregate? If anyone finds out, please post here. Very exciting times!!!

Comment

I may have two tickets available if someone needs. Lower level behind the net.

Should be a fun regional. Familiar with UMD and likely St. Cloud if we can get a win Friday. Already nervous!
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I hadn't looked to see how close the regional is to y'all. Holy smokes, that's awesome! Good luck from here on out.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    I hadn't looked to see how close the regional is to y'all. Holy smokes, that's awesome! Good luck from here on out.

GFM
                    We’re actually much closer to Sioux Falls than the host school is. I guess it’s just a money thing that keeps us from bidding

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                      We’re actually much closer to Sioux Falls than the host school is. I guess it’s just a money thing that keeps us from bidding
                      For the last couple of months I've been curious about the regional "host" designation. I assume North Dakota, with their large checkbook, buys these sites on an annual basis just to load up the arena with their fans. That backfired on them this year. What's the bidding price of "hosting" a regional? Apparently it must be quite high given that Sioux Falls is the only regional west of the Susquehanna River to be so awarded. What are the responsibilities for a host? Anyone know anything about this? Is the price is too steep for Minnesota schools?

Comment

Originally posted by Double Major View Post
                        For the last couple of months I've been curious about the regional "host" designation. I assume North Dakota, with their large checkbook, buys these sites on an annual basis just to load up the arena with their fans. That backfired on them this year. What's the bidding price of "hosting" a regional? Apparently it must be quite high given that Sioux Falls is the only regional west of the Susquehanna River to be so awarded. What are the responsibilities for a host? Anyone know anything about this? Is the price is too steep for Minnesota schools?
                        Funny thing is, the East Regional is co- hosted by Yale and Fairfield University who does not have a hockey team. I have no idea of the cost, but here are the responsiblities of the host, 85 pages. http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...l_20180215.pdf
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Pulling for your boys. I coached Spooner for 2 summers when he was 10 and 11 years old. He’s come a long ways. Good luck to your squad.
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I’ll know the sections for MSU’s allotment for Sioux Falls this weekend later this afternoon.

I know those of you getting tickets through the Athletic Department will likely be interested.
                            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

We'll be hanging from the rafters in 216.

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
                                We'll be hanging from the rafters in 216.
                                Where's the pre-gaming?

Comment

Working...
                                X