Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-18 Minnesota State Mavericks: Season Thread

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    I’ll know the sections for MSU’s allotment for Sioux Falls this weekend later this afternoon.

I know those of you getting tickets through the Athletic Department will likely be interested.
    Bought our tickets online yesterday before they were announced as just went to site and saw they were available. Tickets purchased online will be available at the event arena so if you find location in advance I'd be interested.

For those looking for hotels the inventory is already very tight especially for rooms with more than one bed as the DIII Elite Eight basketball is being held in Sioux Falls this week but message I got from hockey alum email said they expect rooms to open up as teams are eliminated so keep checking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mav59 View Post
      Bought our tickets online yesterday before they were announced as just went to site and saw they were available. Tickets purchased online will be available at the event arena so if you find location in advance I'd be interested.

For those looking for hotels the inventory is already very tight especially for rooms with more than one bed as the DIII Elite Eight basketball is being held in Sioux Falls this week but message I got from hockey alum email said they expect rooms to open up as teams are eliminated so keep checking.
      I’ve got a couple available as well if people need!
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
        Where's the pre-gaming?
        Sorry if I confused anyone. I bought my tickets privately and not through the school so by we I don't me the University allotment. Just me and the boy! We may be able to sneak down if the fighting hawks seats are empty.

Comment

• Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
          Sorry if I confused anyone. I bought my tickets privately and not through the school so by we I don't me the University allotment. Just me and the boy! We may be able to sneak down if the fighting hawks seats are empty.
          Guessing that will be the case for a lot of them.

Can’t wait to see the purple in Sioux Falls!
          AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
            No, maybe I confused people. By the pre-gaming, I mean, "What bar are we taking over before the game?"

Comment

Originally posted by Mav59 View Post

THis is very true. I originally booked a room early this morning. Then kept checking and got a newer, nicer hotel room for $100 less after someone else dropped it. I'd suggest continually going back to kayak.com or booking.com to find rooms.
              Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                No, maybe I confused people. By the pre-gaming, I mean, "What bar are we taking over before the game?"
                Hoping MSU releases a spot.. I know they did in South Bend and we had a ton of fun with all of the Maverick fans.
                AF 99

Comment

I can confirm the MSU ticket allotment of 400 is sold out through the Athletics Office. Nice job all!
                  AF 99

Comment

See my comments about tickets, found in the West Regional thread. Was surprised that MSU wasn't able to tell me the section number where their ticket allotment was assigned. How strange. and annoying.

I also have one extra ticket in section 118 if anyone needs one. You'll be sitting next to a Mav fan. Hotel: I called Sunday afternoon and got the last room at the Super 8 across the street from the arena. About $95/nite, as I recall. Somebody please note the pregame-postgame meeting site on this string, if you would. Thanks.

Comment

North Dakota bidding to host regionals every year is a marketing thing. They have a specified price to do this and they feel as though its worth it every single season because of their enormous fan base that travels. Not only that, but its pretty much a given every year that they'll make it (but obviously not this year). Disclaimer: the west regional is in Fargo next year, and North Dakota is the host, again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Major View Post
                        See my comments about tickets, found in the West Regional thread. Was surprised that MSU wasn't able to tell me the section number where their ticket allotment was assigned. How strange. and annoying.

I also have one extra ticket in section 118 if anyone needs one. You'll be sitting next to a Mav fan. Hotel: I called Sunday afternoon and got the last room at the Super 8 across the street from the arena. About $95/nite, as I recall. Somebody please note the pregame-postgame meeting site on this string, if you would. Thanks.
                        Just confirming that 112 and 113 are the sections MSU’s tickets are in. I believe this will be the end the Mavericks defend twice, FWIW.
                        AF 99

Comment

Lucia out at MN.

There will be some speculation that Hastings is a candidate.

At this point in time, I’ve been told he and his family love Mankato, and that they don’t plan to persue options elsewhere. Hastings’ daughter is a freshman on the MSU Softball team this year, his wife and son love Mankato, he does, and he’s had commitment from the university since he’s been here, and it’s been tangibly shown with upgrades and contract extensions.

Now, an additional couple hundred thousand dollars could change things, too. Where things are at with the NCHC and making that move, also could have a negative effect if the word there is still nothing imminent. Never say never, but I’d be surprised (and extremely disappointed for the program) if Mike took the MN job.
                          AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                            Lucia out at MN.

There will be some speculation that Hastings is a candidate.

At this point in time, I’ve been told he and his family love Mankato, and that they don’t plan to persue options elsewhere. Hastings’ daughter is a freshman on the MSU Softball team this year, his wife and son love Mankato, he does, and he’s had commitment from the university since he’s been here, and it’s been tangibly shown with upgrades and contract extensions.

Now, an additional couple hundred thousand dollars could change things, too. Where things are at with the NCHC and making that move, also could have a negative effect if the word there is still nothing imminent. Never say never, but I’d be surprised (and extremely disappointed for the program) if Mike took the MN job.
                            I am not an expert on contracts, but I would assume that after receiving a 10 year contract, the buyout on both sides would probably be pretty big.
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              I am not an expert on contracts, but I would assume that after receiving a 10 year contract, the buyout on both sides would probably be pretty big.
                              MN boosters dumped $18 million into P.J. Fleck. While hockey doesn't have that kind of pocketbook, they can come up with some serious cash if they wanted to.

As I said in the MN thread, I don't think Hastings would leave. Especially given the commitment the school has given him and what Mav posted.

You might ask why I think Motzko would jump and Hastings wouldn't. Don't have a good answer for that. Just a gut feeling.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Minnesota State Hockey Pregame Gathering

Crooked Pint - March 23 (4-6pm) - 2020 West Russell Street Sioux Falls -

https://twitter.com/msumavericks/sta...16791985852416

Comment

Working...
                                X