Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 Minnesota State Mavericks: Season Thread

2017-18 Minnesota State Mavericks: Season Thread

Because someone had to start one.

Questions - Will one of our goalies seize the net this year and make it his? Will some of the freshman be able to make the leap this year? Will our early start be "that which kills us" or "that which doesn't kill us and makes us stronger"?

Bring on the season!

Watch out for the bull!

Re: 2017-18 Minnesota State Mavericks: Season Thread

Looking forward to the first glimpse Sunday evening!
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Watch out for the bull!

An easy win. The new airport-style security is likely to be an absolute nightmare with a big crowd. It caused lines tonight, and it was a very small turnout.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsFan View Post
    An easy win. The new airport-style security is likely to be an absolute nightmare with a big crowd. It caused lines tonight, and it was a very small turnout.
    I got scanned, and there were beeps all over the place. Then the security guy said, "Oh yeah. You should empty your pockets first. I haven't done this before." This is gonna be great!

Quote Originally Posted by MavsFan View Post
    Lets do some math on this.

I believe that there are 3 entrances to the building, 1 (line) from the hotel, 2 (lines) from outside, and 3 (lines) from inside the building. Assuming 4800 people attending, an average of 800 would enter from each entrance (line). Assuming it takes 15 seconds to do this searching pockets, caps, purses, bags, etc. it will take 200 minutes (3+ hours to get everyone inside the building. I believe that you cannot get into the arena until one hour before face off. Thus, many people will not be able to get in until the 3rd period.

Gonna be a lot of unhappy people.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwearpurple View Post
    Lets do some math on this.

Gonna be a lot of unhappy people.
    Oh but there will be happy Husky fans when the game ends :-).

Why was there a security change? Were they afraid that they'd steal the crappy ice?

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Belle Plaine by way of Mankato and Fairfax, MN
    Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    Why was there a security change? Were they afraid that they'd steal the crappy ice?

GFM
    It's just a typical upgrade. They are sending everyone. My guess is that it won't be that bad once they get trained up. They did pat downs last year, now they just won't have to feel people up.

As I predicted, people wouldn't get in until the 2nd intermission. So what do they do. They quit scanning people at game time, and just let everyone in. I talked to a number of people who waited 20 to 30 minutes to get in, and I'm guessing some waited much longer. Absolutely ridiculous. They don't ask you ahead of time to take off your belt, belt buckles set the scanning wand off.

Now as far as hockey goes, if we play this well for the rest of the season, we will do just fine (assuming we can score goals). In my opinion, we outplayed St. Cloud, however St. Cloud took advantage of opportunities and we did not.

On to Boston. I will be leaving tomorrow on the long road trip. Hope the Mavs do us proud in Boston.

Belle Plaine by way of Mankato and Fairfax, MN
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwearpurple View Post
    Now as far as hockey goes, if we play this well for the rest of the season, we will do just fine (assuming we can score goals). In my opinion, we outplayed St. Cloud, however St. Cloud took advantage of opportunities and we did not.

On to Boston. I will be leaving tomorrow on the long road trip. Hope the Mavs do us proud in Boston.
    If our leaders can't hit a net, it doesn't matter how much we putplay other teams. I'm still optimistic about the season, but I, personally, thought their performance was dreadful.

Still upright

I think you all might be interested in this..

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...niversity.html

just stay out of the box.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Quote Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    If our leaders can't hit a net, it doesn't matter how much we putplay other teams. I'm still optimistic about the season, but I, personally, thought their performance was dreadful.
    I'll split the difference and go somewhere between "we played well," and "we were dreadful." The problem with looking at SOGs (and this -I hate to say it- reminds me of the 2015-2016 season) is where they're coming from, and who's taking them. Our D outshot theirs 11-6, but our top line was outshot by their top line. Sure, our 3rd line got a lot of shots, but when you're getting down to that skill level, it takes a lot more shots to get goals. They had really good people shooting from in close. We didn't. I hate to spout the old cliche, but there's a reason it got to be an old cliche - Our best players have to be our best players. Especially this weekend.

Speaking of which, we're flying into Boston Friday! Is there a Mav meetup anywhere?

Nice win Mavericks! Turning out to be a nice night for the WCHA!

sitting by the river lawdoggies's Avatar
    Good job, Mavs!

Nice!!!!!

Watch out for the bull!

And it was very nice to be able to watch it on streaming for free. Pretty good video, audio just a little low (as in having to turn my computer up to full volume and my TV to nearly full volume.) A fun evening; hope they can keep it up tomorrow night!

there's a good buck in that racket.

go easy on our boys tonight, ok? after all a split is nice
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Well that sure was an impressive weekend of hockey... Wasn't really expecting this good of a result. Go Mavs !!!

Dayum
    “At the end of the day, the Gov Cup is just a trophy,” UAA senior Jordan Kwas said. “I’d rather be in the Final Five every time over winning the Gov Cup.”

2017-18 Words: Medicore progam for 25 years due to administration's lack-a-dasical approach to the sports team that gave birth and success to the other teams.

Thread Information