2017-18 Minnesota State Mavericks: Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017-18 Minnesota State Mavericks: Season Thread

Being a weeknight, coupled with the road conditions, I don't see a big crowd.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
      Being a weeknight, coupled with the road conditions, I don't see a big crowd.
      Fairly good crowd tonight (3900+)

After this long weekend, I believe the butt kicking we took from Alaska on the 12th may have been a good thing. Get the bad game out of the system, and realize they must put forth a good effort every night. Am looking forward to the balance of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
        Fairly good crowd tonight (3900+)

After this long weekend, I believe the butt kicking we took from Alaska on the 12th may have been a good thing. Get the bad game out of the system, and realize they must put forth a good effort every night. Am looking forward to the balance of the season.
        Strong efforts throughout a home-heavy February schedule and we’ll be rewarded. Keep working, boys!

Comment

Congrats to the coach Hastings and the Mavs on another 20 win season. Maybe 30 wins this year?? I sure like this trend under his guidance

Comment

Any update on brickley?
            Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
              Any update on brickley?
              http://www.mankatofreepress.com/spor...5bc28ae2e.html

Comment

I assume he made the trip. We’ll see what happens tomorrow. All I know is we looked a lot better with him than without him last weekend, and Huntsville has scored a couple big wins in the last couple weeks.

Comment

I hope that we're inhospitable as hell without trying to crack any skulls.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    I hope that we're inhospitable as hell without trying to crack any skulls.

GFM
                    Should be a good series. Nice progress for UAH this year, and a likely 1st team all-conference player in Kestner. When was the last UAH 1st teamer?

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                      Should be a good series. Nice progress for UAH this year, and a likely 1st team all-conference player in Kestner. When was the last UAH 1st teamer?
                      We haven't had one in this conference; I think our best results here are McHugh and Gosselin. Our last top-of-league player would be Cam Talbot.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                        We haven't had one in this conference; I think our best results here are McHugh and Gosselin. Our last top-of-league player would be Cam Talbot.

GFM
                        Cam Talbot was actually second team all-CHA in 2010. Our last first teamer was Shaun Arvai in 2007.

But enough UAH trivia in the Minnesota State thread. I need to go back to sulking about tonight's loss.
                        Michael Napier - UAH '97
                        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                        U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                        NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                        CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                        CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                          Cam Talbot was actually second team all-CHA in 2010. Our last first teamer was Shaun Arvai in 2007.

But enough UAH trivia in the Minnesota State thread. I need to go back to sulking about tonight's loss.
                          That’s a good team. I really like watching Gosselin.

For us, we’ve had very few close games this year. Almost none of our wins or losses have went down to the wire. Tonight, in a game that really went down to the wire, we showed a lot of fight. Well done, men!

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                            Cam Talbot was actually second team all-CHA in 2010.
                            Whaaaaaaat?

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                            That’s a good team. I really like watching Gosselin.

For us, we’ve had very few close games this year. Almost none of our wins or losses have went down to the wire. Tonight, in a game that really went down to the wire, we showed a lot of fight. Well done, men!
                            Hopefully the Chargers will show that same kind of fight tomorrow night.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Hello all, sorry I haven’t been around much this season. What a fun run so far.

Big series this weekend.. have to sweep this one to set the pace for the MacNaughton.

Side note, this year needs to be the team to finally break through and win the first NCAA tourney game in school history. What a golden opportunity to do something special with the Frozen Four in the backyard.
                              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Nice win last night. Transition game is so great. It’s fun watching Hastings teams play with such speed. I also love the way this team doesn’t care who they’re playing, they just want to beat the **** out of you.

Need to finish the job tonight! C’mon Mavs!
                                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                                X