X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    I think it's very daring of the Academy to nominate a movie about a woman having sex with a frog for Best Picture.
    It is time to right an ancient wrong.

Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That Howard the Duck never won an Oscar is still one of the great tragedies of our time!
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Happy to be in Hollywood!

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...e-story-remake
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Awesome. Good for him. Someone needs to find a way to redo Breakfast at Tiffany's too.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Awesome. Good for him. Someone needs to find a way to redo Breakfast at Tiffany's too.
            GAWD No! Unless Kiera Knightly plays Holly Golightly.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

GAWD No! Unless Kiera Knightly plays Holly Golightly.
              But who will play Mickey Rooney's character? I nominate Emma Stone.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                But who will play Mickey Rooney's character? I nominate Emma Stone.
                For Rooney? As an alternate to Ms. Knightly, Ms. Stone is a very acceptable alternative.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

For Rooney?
                  Yes. They both played Asian characters.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Not Spielsberg, please. Anybody but that syrupy gasbag.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Someone needs to find a way to redo Breakfast at Tiffany's too.
                      To do Breakfast at Tiffany's. The original is fine for what it is, but it isn't Capote.

It's frustrating because the story is so beautifully written and has a profound appreciation of how people actually work. And they handed it to well-meaning eye (and ear) candy who were lovely in their other work but completely inappropriate here.

Everybody, please read the novella. It's very short but oceans deep and time well spent.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Good news for everyone crying out for a sequel to The Shining. Mike Flanagan will direct an Akiva Goldsmith adaptation of the Stephen King novel "Doctor Sleep."

Comment

Ghost In The Shell. What a total got mess of a movie and a complete waste of Juliette Binoche.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            Good news for everyone crying out for a sequel to The Shining.
                            So...no one?

Re-watched Ski A la Carte this afternoon, in honor of the late Warren Miller. Thinking of pulling out Steep & Deep and Extreme Winter later.

Comment

Watched "Baby Driver" again tonight. How they infuse the soundtrack into the actual fabric of the movie is insane. So friggin' good. Without that factor, the movie is good, but not great. With that factor? Goddam this movie is awesome. The subtleties like lyrics in the graffiti, or the actors' actions timed with the music, etc....if you're a music nerd, it's a must see.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Watched "Baby Driver" again tonight. How they infuse the soundtrack into the actual fabric of the movie is insane. So friggin' good. Without that factor, the movie is good, but not great. With that factor? Goddam this movie is awesome. The subtleties like lyrics in the graffiti, or the actors' actions timed with the music, etc....if you're a music nerd, it's a must see.
                                I mean, I liked that effect and it was cool and all, but beyond that the plot is meh and I couldn't get as in to it as others do. Not saying I thought it was bad, but after the hype it was getting I have to say I was a tad bit let down. But to each their own.

KDR

Comment

Working...
                                X