Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    So....Star Wars trailer. Quick thoughts: if Ren's statement is to be taken literally he'll kill Leia. If not....I think Ren turns to the light and either Rey or Luke turn to the dark side.

Possible: Luke turns to attempt to save Ren.
    Great trailer, but Luke says it himself: this isn't going to go the way you think it is. Lots of misdirection. It was cut together very well. I wouldn't be shocked if Rey being Force-tortured was one of her visions and not real at all.

Every shot of Carrie Fisher is going to leave some of us an emotional wreck.

Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Every shot of Carrie Fisher will make me angry enough at the amoral grabbiness of commerce to want to blow up the theater.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

i haven't seen that trailer you reference
    The reference is West World. It is doing a lot of what a Tyrell prequel would do, but whereas Bladerunner is a solid sophomore college course West World is a PhD seminar.

Not looking good for Ridley Scott furthering this series and quite possibly Alien either which I'm bummed about.
    Prometheus was so hamfisted, and AVP was such a tween clusterf-ck, that I'm willing to put Alien on long term hiatus until somebody fresh and interesting wants to take a swing at it.

Ridley Scott appears to be a director who is good at hatching an idea but then yields to blunt force trauma in fleshing it out in sequels. I can't imagine where I've seen that before.
    Last edited by Kepler; 10-10-2017 at 10:27 AM.

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

So....Star Wars trailer. Quick thoughts: if Ren's statement is to be taken literally he'll kill Leia. If not....I think Ren turns to the light and either Rey or Luke turn to the dark side.

Possible: Luke turns to attempt to save Ren.

As for Blade Runner 2049. What a great slow burn of a movie. They could have gotten more out of Ford but they didn't seem to know how to write the story to include a need for him. Ah well... overall I give it an A. It can stand alone.

I just hope they don't make a sequel based on a replicant revolt.
    There is no way a sequel comes. The studio will be lucky to get their money back when all is said and done.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Four Brothers:

4 foster brothers head back to Detroit to get revenge for their mother's death during a botched robbery. Great movie until about halfway through, then it goes off the rails into massive disbelief, as expected. Still worth a bag of popcorn and a couple hours.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Great trailer, but Luke says it himself: this isn't going to go the way you think it is. Lots of misdirection. It was cut together very well. I wouldn't be shocked if Rey being Force-tortured was one of her visions and not real at all.

Possible Spoiler:

There's a theory out there (apparently there are books etc.) about Gray Jedi. That seems to be where this is going. The theory makes the most sense. They talked in the original trilogy about Vader bringing balance to the Force. Balance would be a combination of light and dark.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Half Nelson:

A druggie teacher forms an unlikely friendship with one of his students, whose brother is in prison for drugs. Slow and plodding, but good. The Goose (Ryan Gosling) excels in showing the downward spiral as the teacher. It's like a Memento-light. Worth a watch.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Lay The Favorite:

A bookie hires a former private dancer to help with his operation, and it turns his luck around. Until his jealous wife finds out.

Bruce Willis, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and a couple of other B-list folks make this just a fun movie. Apparently based on a true story, for bonus points. It's worth the 90 minutes to watch.

Happy Death Day: When I first saw the trailer I thought it looked like garbage; the typical airhead teen slasher flick to capitalize on Halloween. Then I started to see positive reviews from people I like and gave it a chance (MoviePass helped make the decision easier). It isn't a classic, but it isn't trying to be. HDD is entertaining, fun and probably worth 96 minutes of your time. I enjoyed some of the twists and unexpected turns the movie takes along the way, and the mystery will occupy your mind. Do not bother going back and trying to make sense of it after the fact. It won't hold up. The budget was under $5 million and earned over $26 million this weekend. Another winner for Blumhouse.

Untitled Han Solo Movie Solo: A Star Wars Story

Handyman: Still Doesnt Care

Disney: Nerd (pocketbook) Rapers

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

wubba lubba dub dub

I'll probably see it, but it doesn't excite me at all.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    I'll probably see it, but it doesn't excite me at all.
    Having seen an OK one (7) to scrub the taste of Ep 1 out of my mouth, it can die now. The Charlie Chan movies were big once, too. Franchises have their time. SW is no longer interesting.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Handyman: Still Doesnt Care

Disney: Nerd (pocketbook) Rapers

Disney has been lying to us for years. If not lying, giving us some twisted morals.

Quote Originally Posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Disney has been lying to us for years. If not lying, giving us some twisted morals.
    Mothers die, fathers are negligent, step-mothers are evil. I don't see the problem.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Its ok to kiss random girls who are sleeping

Getting drunk at a young age is cool

Anything colored (pun partially intended) black speaks like a slave

Only princesses are pretty and matter

I could go on for hours about this...
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Having seen an OK one (7) to scrub the taste of Ep 1 out of my mouth, it can die now. The Charlie Chan movies were big once, too. Franchises have their time. SW is no longer interesting.
    I'm still interested. I like some of the theories going for Episode 8.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

wubba lubba dub dub

Its ok to kiss random girls who are sleeping

Getting drunk at a young age is cool

Anything colored (pun partially intended) black speaks like a slave

Only princesses are pretty and matter

I could go on for hours about this...
    Belle from Beauty and the Beast was a peasant girl, the same with Cinderella from some other movie. Esmerelda from The Hunchback of Notre Dame was a Gypsy.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Belle from Beauty and the Beast was a peasant girl, the same with Cinderella from some other movie. Esmerelda from The Hunchback of Notre Dame was a Gypsy.
    Cinderella was worthless until her fairy godmother made her look like a princess. She was a nothing step sister until the Prince fell in love with her in a nice dress and glass slippers. She was hardly noticeable when she was scrubbing floors in tattered rags

Should we get into all problems with Alladin?
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

wubba lubba dub dub

Cinderella was worthless until her fairy godmother made her look like a princess. She was a nothing step sister until the Prince fell in love with her in a nice dress and glass slippers.

Should we get into all problems with Alladin?
    I don't really GAF, just wanted to point out something wrong stated by you.

Thread Information