X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    It's really two movies. The first half being a historical drama of the Civil War is great. The second half being about a bickering couple is OK.
    Fair point.

You could actually improve Gone with the Wind and shorten its runtime by deleting every line of dialog from Ashley or Melanie.
    Last edited by Kepler; 12-15-2017, 09:51 AM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I haven’t seen more than 5 minutes of a Star Wars Film in over 30 years so I rented a flick called the Force Awakens... it was actually a good movie! So I started in on “Rogue One”... meh. I might finish it when I retire.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        I haven’t seen more than 5 minutes of a Star Wars Film in over 30 years so I rented a flick called the Force Awakens... it was actually a good movie! So I started in on “Rogue One”... meh. I might finish it when I retire.
        4: A+
        5: A
        6: C
        1: F
        2: haven't bothered, assume F
        3: haven't bothered, assume D from the most kind reviews
        7: B
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by kepler View Post
          4: A+
          5: A
          6: C
          2: Haven't bothered, assume f
          3: Haven't bothered, assume d from the most kind reviews
          7: B
          4: A
          5: A+
          6: C-
          2: D
          3: C+
          7: A
          3.5: B
          8: A+
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Ironic that on a day when the media kept hammering us over the head with how safe and formulaic Disney is they debut the most ambitious and risk-taking Star Wars film yet.

Comment

Originally posted by board View Post
              Ironic that on a day when the media kept hammering us over the head with how safe and formulaic Disney is they debut the most ambitious and risk-taking Star Wars film yet.
              I agree. 100%.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Fair point.

You could actually improve Gone with the Wind and shorten its runtime by deleting every line of dialog from Ashley or Melanie.
                Nah they're important to the plot. Just have Rhett leave Scarlet before their daughter is born; she has no purpose but to live and die young.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by board View Post
                  Board? Who forgot to sign out??
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    God hath spoken!!
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      4: A
                      5: A+
                      6: C-
                      2: D
                      3: C+
                      7: A
                      3.5: B
                      8: A+
                      I agree with this 100%.

I really need to see 8 again asap.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        I bet we could all guess if we really tried

(hint: pretty sure they have already posted in this thread about the film)
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Maybe it's just my age, but people hate on RotJ too much. It's still a solid B. And watching RotS last week it gets too much credit. Yes it's better than TPM and AotC, but that means it's a D rather than an F; it's still two hours of green screens and stilted dialogue.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Maybe it's just my age, but people hate on RotJ too much. It's still a solid B. And watching RotS last week it gets too much credit. Yes it's better than TPM and AotC, but that means it's a D rather than an F; it's still two hours of green screens and stilted dialogue.
                            1 Word. Ewoks. Dumbest concept ever. I love the way the new series handles this issue in The Last Jedi.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              1 Word. Ewoks. Dumbest concept ever. I love the way the new series handles this issue in The Last Jedi.
                              Ewoks aren't the high point of the film but they don't detract from it that much. They're not even there for the first half of the film (or however long the Jabba stuff is).

KDR

Comment

I did not like the ending of Return of the Sith at all. Obi-wan gives a dying Anakin a stern lecture and then leaves him alive? When we re-watch that movie we actually stop it right before that point and pretend that there is a tectonic shift in the ground or something that separates Obi-wan from Anakin. To be consistent with the character seen throughout the rest of the movies, Obi-wan would have killed Anakin while he was lying there helpless, not just walk away...which of course would have made IV-VI impossible...so Obi-wan and Anakin needed to be separated by the shifting ground first instead.

I thought Attack of the Clowns was the worst of the bunch, except for Obi-wan's visit to Pamino there was no point to that movie at all. F- for me for that one.

I guess I'm in a minority in giving The Phantom Menace a C-; I think people's revulsion over Jar-Jar Binks masked a great villain in Darth Maul and some other fine touches. I actually thought it was the best of I-III though that isn't saying much since all three of them were so lame.

So for me I guess it would be:

IV: A
                                V: A
                                VI: B
                                I: C-
                                II: F-
                                III: D+ (Mace Windu was a great character though)
                                VIII: B-
                                Last edited by FreshFish; 12-15-2017, 12:06 PM.
                                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                                X