X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Office Christmas Party:

To save his branch from his uptight b*ch sister, a guy tosses an epic Christmas party. Sophomoric, redonkulous, Old School style humor, etc. And I liked every minute of it. Just mindless fun. I'd go into this blind with no previews, it's much more fun that way.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

88 Minutes:

Story was great. Bad acting, worse dialogue. A time-killer at best.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

War Machine, Netflix, Brad Pitt.

Was trying to avoid this, but gave it a whirl. Pitt is pretty mediocre...but its a fun, funny movie. Worth a cold fall evening.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

just saw The Foreigner

completely different character for jackie, as far as different when he is kicking the crap outta everyone. thought he did very well in that and enjoyed it. final scene was kinda 'eh', almost like an afterthought "hey, we need something here..." put in. but didn't take that much away from it.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

For those of you going to see the new Bladerunner, don't be taken too much by surprise that Harrison Ford appears only in the last half. I know nothing more than that about his character because that's all the reviewer was saying. The only reason he said that is that he kept waiting for Ford to show, based upon the previews, and it took him out of the storytelling experience. I think he said the same of Jared Leto's character.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Well Dekkard is in hiding so it makes sense he wouldnt show up for a while. At least it isnt like Bryan Cranston in Godzilla where is only in the first half hour yet got top billing
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                At least it isnt like Bryan Cranston in Godzilla where is only in the first half hour yet got top billing
                The real ripoff in that instance was it was a throwaway character in a cliche situation and any potted plant could have played him. There was no reason at all to have Cranston, or any hot name, play it except exploiting the audience. It wasn't like, say, Baldwin in Glengarry, where he plays a peculiar character perfectly and the movie would have been poorer without him. (Or this, possibly the greatest acting performance in movie history.)
                Last edited by Kepler; 10-06-2017, 05:55 AM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yeah any no talent hack could have played that part...
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Blade Runner 2049. Not only does it do the original justice (even surpass it) it's one of the best films I've seen in a long time. I cannot recall the last movie that was made like this one and I wonder how many people will actually appreciate all that it offers. It's subtle in all the right places, brilliantly stated, there are frequently used 80's like bursts of loud synth music for effect that incredibly add to the tension, I thought the CGI was well crafted, there's great dialog (although I thought Leto was a bit hammy), and it's absolutely visually stunning. Cannot recommend this one enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Blade Runner 2049. Not only does it do the original justice (even surpass it) it's one of the best films I've seen in a long time. I cannot recall the last movie that was made like this one and I wonder how many people will actually appreciate all that it offers. It's subtle in all the right places, brilliantly stated, there are frequently used 80's like bursts of loud synth music for effect that incredibly add to the tension, I thought the CGI was well crafted, there's great dialog (although I thought Leto was a bit hammy), and it's absolutely visually stunning. Cannot recommend this one enough.
                      Woot! I can't wait, going tomorrow night.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        So, as someone who has never seen any of 'em, does this movie work as a stand-alone? Or do you have to have some knowledge to appreciate it? I would think there's another level of appreciation IF you saw the others, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          So, as someone who has never seen any of 'em, does this movie work as a stand-alone? Or do you have to have some knowledge to appreciate it? I would think there's another level of appreciation IF you saw the others, of course.
                          This is the first sequel to Bladerunner. The critic I heard on the radio said that if you've not seen the first movie, this one can still be followed because they establish the situation from the original movie in the first five minutes.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            This is the first sequel to Bladerunner. The critic I heard on the radio said that if you've not seen the first movie, this one can still be followed because they establish the situation from the original movie in the first five minutes.
                            Cool. Thanks. Have been seeing the ads, and it looks pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Pretty much what he said. I thought the tie-ins to the original were not only fairly minimal with respect to the plot but what you need to know is covered.

Comment

Wonder Woman:

F*ing. Awesome. Capital F. Capital A. The action was great (I regret not seeing that first battle scene on the big screen), the "fish out of water" dialogue was perfect, and the story itself superb. Gal Gadot was indeed the ideal choice for WW. She fit the character like a glove.

Comment

Working...
                                X