X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    The Sith are a group of Dark side users. They were once legion, then a Sith Lord changed all that (originally in forgotten books, canonized on TV per Disney). Details are irrelevant at this point.

That should tell you that there are Force users outside the Sith that can use the Dark Side. Snope is just someone else who established, or brought to prominence, an order of Force users called The Knights of Ren. Just as Maz Kanata is a light side user who is not a Jedi (the Yoda-ish looking woman from the cantina in The Force Awakens), but has no affiliation with any order of users, at least that we've been told.
    That is the best part about the game Knights of the Old Republic...you could straddle the line between good and evil.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Luke may have become a grey Jedi using both light and dark sides.

Snoke may be a relic of the old republic which is why ren's light saber is an ancient design

loys of rumors. So far the only tie to empire is the training of rey
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I can see more...but nothing that ruins the film or makes it a copy like TFA was.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Everyone knows Snoke is Jar Jar.

Also TFA was a terrible story but I still enjoyed seeing the universe back in play and there are some good characters that I will definitely want to follow in VIII.

Comment

Avengers: Infinity War trailer. Even though I never read comic books I've been an active watcher of the movies (both universes) for several years and have generally been a fan of them more often than not. Both of my boys as well. But for some reason none of us are that excited about going to see Justice League and after seeing the A:IW trailer I'm starting to think it's just a bit too much. How many freaking characters can you pile into one movie before it's just silly? And from what I could tell it seemed like several new ones are making their movie debut making it all the more crowded. Just off the top of my head CA, IM, Thor, WW, Loki, Hulk, BW, SW, Hawkeye, Vision, WS, DrS, some big Asian dude, the Guardians, SM, BP, AM, IM's buddy, Falcon, at least 1 or 2 female characters I couldn't name....

How many more epic save the world battles released every 3-4 months worth holding interest are there left?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Avengers: Infinity War trailer. Even though I never read comic books I've been an active watcher of the movies (both universes) for several years and have generally been a fan of them more often than not. Both of my boys as well. But for some reason none of us are that excited about going to see Justice League and after seeing the A:IW trailer I'm starting to think it's just a bit too much. How many freaking characters can you pile into one movie before it's just silly? And from what I could tell it seemed like several new ones are making their movie debut making it all the more crowded. Just off the top of my head CA, IM, Thor, WW, Loki, Hulk, BW, SW, Hawkeye, Vision, WS, DrS, some big Asian dude, the Guardians, SM, BP, AM, IM's buddy, Falcon, at least 1 or 2 female characters I couldn't name....

How many more epic save the world battles released every 3-4 months worth holding interest are there left?
              Loved Justice League. Loved the trailer. Sue me.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

That's fine and I hope you're right and I'm wrong. Just my initial feelings.

Comment

It’s alreafy too much.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

You forgot Quicksilver.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      It’s alreafy too much.
                      It's been building to this all along. It's been planned for a long time. We're 17 movies in, plenty with a small amount of characters. Time for the war and the big payoff.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Time for everybody to die and start over. Except iron man. RDJr is awesome.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          It’s alreafy too much.
                          Oh it's fine if you just sit back and have some fun. I'm not saying to line up 5 hours before the movie, but I don't think there's one I haven't enjoyed as a rental with a few beers.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I've seen the worst real movie ever. I'm not counting B movies or movies made since 1970, since the vast bulk of both are garbage.

Carmen Jones. Abysmal rethinking of Carmen with Harry Belfonte and I didn't recognize her (Dorothy Dandridge -- I should have recognized her). It's genuinely painful crap and then you realize they've rewritten the lyrics to the arias to fit the 20th century military setting.

It is very, very, very much ungood.

Best review from Rotten Tomatoes:

A film in which talented, attractive people sing ugly lyrics to beautiful music in other people's beautiful voices amid ugly shot framing and ill-timed cutting.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 12-03-2017, 09:58 PM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I've seen the worst real movie ever. I'm not counting B movies or movies made since 1970, since the vast bulk of both are garbage.

Carmen Jones. Abysmal rethinking of Carmen with Harry Belfonte and I didn't recognize her. It's genuinely painful crap and then you realize they've rewritten the lyrics to the arias to fit the 20th century military setting.

It is very, very, very much ungood.
                              My equation for a bad movie is:

star power + expectation + finished product = rating.

Using this, Tropic Thunder is the worst movie ever, overtaking Nothing But Trouble.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Tropic Thunder was awesome.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X