X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    No plot holes huh?

So...the site at the end was a Soviet nuclear plant that melted down 30 years ago so it's "off the grid", even though there are hundreds of civilians living there. Hmm. Soviet power plant that melted down 30 years ago...Sounds like Chernobyl. Well, that makes sense. It was 30 years ago. I'm sure it's fine now.

"Because of the long-lived radiation in the region surrounding the former Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, the area won't be safe for human habitation for at least 20,000 years."

Sounds like a great place to settle down and raise a family. Nope, no problem there. I don't know what I was thinking.
    That's your example? No one said it was Chernobyl. It's a comic book. Every comic book employs fantasy. Stop adding logic where it does not belong. The story had zero plot holes.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      That's your example? No one said it was Chernobyl. It's a comic book. Every comic book employs fantasy. Stop adding logic where it does not belong. The story had zero plot holes.
      Picking a city in Sokovia up out of the earth in order to plan to slam it back into the earth must have really ticked him off.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Well the nerdblogger/clickbaiter Priceless...err...tica reads/watches probably said it was so stop shutting down discussion!!!!11!!!

(I love you Scoob)
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Incredibles 2 this summer.

https://youtu.be/0bP3goo13yc
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
            Incredibles 2 this summer.

https://youtu.be/0bP3goo13yc
            Yes!

Speaking of Pixar, people are asking for an Inside Out sequel. If you can get the same voice cast, sure.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The Incredibles imho was a very underrated movie. Perhaps I'm overstating that because it wasn't an "important" movie, but our whole family loved it and I honestly don't recall anyone else talking about it at the time it was released.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                The Incredibles imho was a very underrated movie. Perhaps I'm overstating that because it wasn't an "important" movie, but our whole family loved it and I honestly don't recall anyone else talking about it at the time it was released.
                My RA took a bunch of us to see it when it came out. I couldn't shut up after.

Also, given my past, the line "the Supers aren't gone, Bob. You are still here. You can still do great things... or you can listen to police scanners all day" has stayed with me.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  I agree; very good.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    A lot of people talked about it in my world. Never have I heard a bad word said about the movie. They hit all the right spots in that show.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Best news about Incredibles 2 is that Michael Giacchino is back for the score.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        A lot of people talked about it in my world. Never have I heard a bad word said about the movie. They hit all the right spots in that show.
                        It was definitely universally liked. I think maybe it didn't plaster pop culture as much as the other movies, mainly because it doesn't seem like it was merchandised to death (unlike, say, "Cars").

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Yeah, it might be the only Pixar movie I own.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            We don't need repeated shots of Gal Gadot in leather pants with her *** perfectly framed. Grow up.
                            Speak fer yerself.

Suck it. I'm shallow. So sue me.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              Speak fer yerself.

Suck it. I'm shallow. So sue me.
                              Priceless
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I tried to watch La La Land tonight. I couldn’t even make it to Ryan Gosling or Emma Stone making an appearance. I’m sorry. I just can’t do it.

I switched to Glory instead.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X